Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:...

I certainly trust what can be provided and verified.
To the publications satisfaction or to yours?
Mine. Of course. All of us only trust what can be proved and verified to our own satisfaction.
Going by the sites you like to link to, they are Breitbart, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, The Blaze, Political Insider and so forth. Click on each link I just listed again to see how popular the sites are with Coito ergo sum/Forty Two. Then have a look where they are clustered.

I mentioned this before, but 42 knew better than to reply.

Forty Two draws on those sources of misinformation while referring to more balanced and less polemical publications as vendors of fake news. Yes, the main stream media do make mistakes, but at least the latter correct them and apologise, whereas the right wing rags double down on theirs.
The links you posted are rather old - the most recent is almost 18 months old and the oldest is over 5 years old. LOL. And, they aren't representative of sources I find "trusted." Also, none of the stories linked to in the items you posted were in any way false or fake. There is nothing wrong with citing sources like Breitbart, or Alternet, or Daily Caller or Huffpo or DailyKos or the Guardian, etc., even though they plainly have their bias, provided one gets to see the evidence for the claims.

I would never "trust" any of the sources you linked to or the ones I just listed. They don't get trusted just on their say-so. That's the reason for journalistic ethics and the requirements that sources be corroborated. And, the mainstream media like CNN and ABC have not generally apologized when for their bogus stories - especially CNN.

And those cites you linked to are not representative of cites that I normally use as the main basis to prove a point or prove a factual assertion. Generally, such a site, like Breitbart, is o.k. for citation, but one has to look at the sources and citations within the story to verify it. In any case, it's probably been years since I cited a Breitbart story here. If I did, I suspect it had to do with Milo Yiannopoulis or something.

I
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Don't forget InfoWars. There was at least one from there too.
Six or eight from memory, but I left Infowars off the list because, unlike main stream media, Infowars does not publish fake news like pizzagate as if they were actually true, right?
Your memory is faulty. But, of course, mere citation or link to something like infowars is not a problem. One needs to look at the context. These sites are not like Lord Voldemort, Sites Who Shall Not Be Named. It's o.k. to cite them and discuss them.

Nevertheless, for you folks trying, yet again, to smear me with this bullshit --

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 0#p1738276

"Fox is far right, and Breitbart is clickbait and InfoWars is conspiracy theory nuttery. who's suggesting that these are great sources of unbiased news?" Forty Two, November 14, 2017.

So, proceed with more nonsense about how I always rely on them to prove points and establish facts....

Do I need to go into how many times other folks here cited DailyKos, Alternet, The Guardian, Democracy Now, Truthout, Truthdig, The Nation, Mother Jones, Talking Point Memo, The Young Turks, Michael Moore, Thinkprogress....etc. etc. I mean, come on folks...
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Trump: I did not make whoop...quid pro quo with Russia! My son did.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:15 pm

What was the dirt that Velnetskaya had to give to Trump Jr.?

Any idea what that was? Did she give it to Trump, Jr? Did the Trump campaign use any such dirt?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 am

Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:...

I certainly trust what can be provided and verified.
To the publications satisfaction or to yours?
Mine. Of course. All of us only trust what can be proved and verified to our own satisfaction.
Going by the sites you like to link to, they are Breitbart, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, The Blaze, Political Insider and so forth. Click on each link I just listed again to see how popular the sites are with Coito ergo sum/Forty Two. Then have a look where they are clustered.

I mentioned this before, but 42 knew better than to reply.

Forty Two draws on those sources of misinformation while referring to more balanced and less polemical publications as vendors of fake news. Yes, the main stream media do make mistakes, but at least the latter correct them and apologise, whereas the right wing rags double down on theirs.
The links you posted are rather old - the most recent is almost 18 months old and the oldest is over 5 years old.
And the 5 year old one isn't even you! :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Phony writer! Fake book! Fake Bannon! Fake Russia!

"I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don't exist. Look at this guy's past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!" the President tweeted.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:54 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
And the 5 year old one isn't even you! :coffee:
No person is the same person they were five years ago, even if one thinks of them as the same person. "No man steps into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man." - Heraclitus

"Nature's first green is gold
The hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower
But only so an hour
Then leaf subsides to leave
As Eden Sank to Grief
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay." - Robert Frost, Nothing Gold Can Stay.

"Stay gold, Ponyboy." - SE Hinton, The Outsiders (quoting Johnny Cade).

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:36 am

Yeah but most people don't get around pretending to be two people at once..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 am

Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Don't forget InfoWars. There was at least one from there too.
Six or eight from memory, but I left Infowars off the list because, unlike main stream media, Infowars does not publish fake news like pizzagate as if they were actually true, right?
Your memory is faulty.
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1684884
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1675497
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3#p1269403
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 8#p1068918
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 34#p964234
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 84#p939784
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 14#p559314
Forty Two wrote: But, of course, mere citation or link to something like infowars is not a problem.
True. Even the most rabid spreaders of fake news, right-wing spin can occasionally publish a reasonably accurate article. For all I know you have found all seven occasions where Infowars did exactly that.

We all tend to spend more time reading from sources the political inclination of which we sympathise, then linking to them, than those we disagree with (unless it is to criticise them). I'm OK with that, be it you, I, Sandinista (whatever happened to him?) or anyone else.

I see is that hundreds of your links (guessing here, I did not count them, but they would definitely go into three-digit territory) come from sites like Breitbart, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, The Blaze, Political Insider and so forth - all of them in the extreme right end of the spectrum, as shown in this diagram:

You are manifestly on the right side of the political spectrum, though I do not regard you as belonging to the alt-right. Your links prove it. The problem is that you deny it.
Forty Two wrote:Do I need to go into how many times other folks here cited DailyKos, Alternet, The Guardian, Democracy Now, Truthout, Truthdig, The Nation, Mother Jones, Talking Point Memo, The Young Turks, Michael Moore, Thinkprogress....etc. etc. I mean, come on folks...
Go right ahead. Out everybody who keeps citing from left sources while denying they are left wing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Infowars. So, Forty Two thinks Infowars is a valid news source and CNN and Guardian are far left. Jesus Christ. Infowars is for dimwitted morons who are unable to distinguish fact from fiction.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:57 pm

InfoWars is a crackpot, conspiracy theory website. It's not even considered a news site.

Fuck me. :fp:

That guy needs much, much more rehabilitation before I take him off ignore. :roll:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Animavore wrote:InfoWars is a crackpot, conspiracy theory website. It's not even considered a news site.

That guy needs much, much more rehabilitation before I take him off ignore. :roll:
We need someone to recommend a suitable re-education camp... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Well here we have it. It’s in the book so it’s true by the Gutenberg Principle:
Bannon dismissed the notion of a Trump campaign conspiracy with Russia because the Trump team wasn't competent enough to conduct a conspiracy.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

JimC wrote:
Animavore wrote:InfoWars is a crackpot, conspiracy theory website. It's not even considered a news site.

We need someone to recommend a suitable re-education camp... :tea:
I was thinking more psychiatric help. I've a friend of mine who is into all of the InfoWars crap all of a sudden and he's not well at all. Seriously paranoid. If you're watching that nonsense you've taken a wrong turn in life.

I never know how to talk to people like that so I just avoid them. I do know one thing, however, is that you're not supposed to entertain their delusions.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Seriously. If I ever post something from InfoWars, without being funny, ring for help.