Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 am

Trump sides with Putin over US intelligence.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a06 ... 21c83ebdf7

You remember Putin? Has ties with Rosneft. The Russian oil company who has ties with Exxon Mobil. Who Rex Tillerson, now Secretary of State, was once CEO for. Who is now guardedly dismantling regulations. You know, that Putin?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 pm

The Secret Correspondence Between Donald Trump Jr. and Wikileaks
The transparency organization asked the president’s son for his cooperation—in sharing its work, in contesting the results of the election, and in arranging for Julian Assange to be Australia’s ambassador to the United States.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Trump tweeted about Podesta emails 15 minutes after WikiLeaks asked Trump Jr. to: report
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... eaks-asked

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 am

Guess who the Trump/Tillerson State Department has decided will be providing security for US embassies in Russia? Hint: Is more genius then usual!
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Our dear friends Boris and Natasha!

'U.S. Embassy Hires Security Firm of Former Putin Spy'
The U.S. Embassy in Moscow has awarded a $2.83 million contract to a security firm founded by a former KGB agent who worked with Vladimir Putin and British double agent Kim Philby. A post on a U.S. state procurement site says Elite Security Holdings will provide “local guard services for US mission Russia,” which will include embassies in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vladivostok and Yekaterinburg. Russian business daily Kommersant reported Friday that the U.S. embassy hired the firm after Moscow reduced the number of staff allowed in U.S., missions, prompting the U.S. to replace its former staff with personnel from Elite Security Holdings. The company was founded in 1997 by Viktor Budanov, a former major general in Russia’s foreign intelligence service who headed a KGB branch in East Germany where Putin worked in the 1980s, according to Kommersant. Budanov has said he also worked with British defector Philby. He has also been accused by one former colleague of teaching Bulgarian agents how to use poison to target dissidents.
This was a no-bid contract, by the way.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:08 am

What? :think:

They'll be outsourcing the Navy to the Chinese next.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 am

Well, it's not illegal, so I don't know why anybody would make a big deal about it. :tut:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 am

Even Tom Clancy wouldn't have come up with a plot like that...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Apparently, the diplomatic tension between the US and Russia increased under Trump. He imposed sanctions on Russia this past July, which the Russians responded to by noting that the US had to reduce embassy staff by 755 people. As a result, the only option for State was to hire a commercial company for Local Guard services (basically outside the perimeter of the embassy, and not the internal security of the embassy). They sought US companies and various options, but the problem was that nobody was licensed in Russia, and there really was only one option of a company that could perform the services. The company is run not by the former KGB agent (who retired from the KGB in 1992, a quarter-century ago), but by that former KGB agent's son, Dmitri, and the company is a large company with many shareholders and they operate throughout Europe. The company was vetted by all US government agencies, according to the articles, and there wasn't anything found that would suggest the company was a problem. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41947030
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 pm

In the glare of publicity over the Russian scandal, Trump had to at least give the appearance of not cosying up to the bear...
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 pm

If we're all guilty, we're all innocent. :coffee:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 pm

It is the age of wisdom, it is the age of foolishness...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 pm

We have met the enemy, and it is us!

(well, not me, just the rest of you arseholes... :tea: )
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Trump knew everything from the beginning. He is going to pull the Reagan Iran contra deal: I can’t recall.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ump-244967

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Seabass wrote:The Secret Correspondence Between Donald Trump Jr. and Wikileaks
The transparency organization asked the president’s son for his cooperation—in sharing its work, in contesting the results of the election, and in arranging for Julian Assange to be Australia’s ambassador to the United States.
Was there secret correspondence between the Clinton campaign and Fusion GPS?

What do they mean "secret correspondence?" Does Donald Trump have to publish all of his correspondence? Is there something wrong with corresponding with Wikileaks, even about leaks?

There's nothing wrong with the clinton campaign hiring Fusion GPS, and there is nothing wrong with anyone communicating with Wikileaks.

Three was secret correspondence between CNN and the Clinton campaign. A secret agreement between the DNC and the Clinton campaign. So what?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar