Dakota Access Pipeline protests

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Dakota Access Pipeline protests

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:34 am

Our libertarian/republican wing always brings up founding fathers and the Constitution when their rights are trampled on.

The case clearly has to do with Indian lands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Ac ... e_protests

Seth in our club thread
http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=660
goes all tough shit. You can read it there, as I will not quote the club thread here. With his repetitive and wordy manner he will post it here anyway, unless Seth is thrown out again.
CANNON BALL, N.D. – Dakota Access oil pipeline protesters will not follow a government directive to leave the federal land where hundreds have camped for months, organizers said Saturday, despite state officials encouraging them to do so.

Standing Rock Sioux tribal leader Dave Archambault and other protest organizers confidently explained that they'll stay at the Oceti Sakowin camp and continue with nonviolent protests a day after Archambault received a letter from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that said all federal lands north of the Cannonball River will be closed to public access Dec. 5 for "safety concerns."

The Corps cited the oncoming winter and increasingly contentious clashes between protesters, who believe the pipeline could harm drinking water and Native American cultural sites, and police.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/27/pi ... -land.html
Standing Rock tribal members believe the land in which the encampment is on is owned by the Sioux through a more than century-old treaty with the U.S. government.
The treaty map is in the Wiki article
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Dakota Access Pipeline protests

Post by rainbow » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 am

...so if you had an Injun cook, would you call them a Sioux Chef?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Tero wrote:Our libertarian/republican wing always brings up founding fathers and the Constitution when their rights are trampled on.

Seth in our club thread
goes all tough shit. You can read it there, as I will not quote the club thread here. With his repetitive and wordy manner he will post it here anyway, unless Seth is thrown out again.
CANNON BALL, N.D. – Dakota Access oil pipeline protesters will not follow a government directive to leave the federal land where hundreds have camped for months, organizers said Saturday, despite state officials encouraging them to do so.

Standing Rock Sioux tribal leader Dave Archambault and other protest organizers confidently explained that they'll stay at the Oceti Sakowin camp and continue with nonviolent protests a day after Archambault received a letter from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that said all federal lands north of the Cannonball River will be closed to public access Dec. 5 for "safety concerns."

The Corps cited the oncoming winter and increasingly contentious clashes between protesters, who believe the pipeline could harm drinking water and Native American cultural sites, and police.
Standing Rock tribal members believe the land in which the encampment is on is owned by the Sioux through a more than century-old treaty with the U.S. government.
Treaties only exist as long as they are respected by the signatories, and once violated they are null and void. Pretty much all of the Indian tribes involved violated the Fort Laramie treaty shortly after it was signed by actions against the US, settlers and one another. So did the US. Thus, no treaty.

The Standing Rock Sioux didn't start making their ridiculous claims to territory outside their reservation until this pipeline issue came up. Too late. Too bad, so sad, they had their chance to adjudicate the Fort Laramie treaty over a hundred years ago, and during the scoping and planning process with the BLM and didn't. So whatever rights they think they have they lost because they sat on them until they evaporated.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Tension is brewing within the Dakota Access protest as complaints grow about outside activists trashing the camps, mooching off donations, and treating the anti-pipeline demonstration like a Burning Man-style festival for hippies.
:lol:
Standing Rock Sioux chairman David Archambault II, who is leading the protest, raised concerns about sanitation in a Nov. 23 interview with Vice, saying activists are “digging pits out there for their human waste.” “That’s a flood zone,” said Mr. Archambault, referring to camps on federal land along the Cannonball River. “So when the floodwaters come up, that waste is going to be contaminating the water. We’re no different than the oil company, if we’re fighting for water. What’s going to happen when people leave? Who has to clean it up? Who has to refurbish it? It’s going to be us, the people who live here.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 am

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 am

Only when Marxists sabotage them with their Alinsky tactics.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

How do you estimate undiscovered?
"where there's an estimated 7.4 billion barrels of undiscovered oil."

Anyway:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/us/what-i ... index.html

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 am

Known unknowns, silly.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 am

Tero wrote:Our libertarian/republican wing always brings up founding fathers and the Constitution when their rights are trampled on.

Seth in our club thread

Where is John Wayne when you need him, he wouldn't have put up with any of this shit.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:02 am

Trump will bring in the national guard to have the rioters arrested for felony destruction of property, then he is going to have the FBI raid the "organizations" providing the funding and support to the rioters and charge them under the RICO act.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:50 am

Pipeline blocked. Trump will need to replace the head of the Army Corps of Engineers. But wait! That would be corrupt! He has invested in it:
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.c ... 2e8f58/amp

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:54 am

Seth wrote:
Tension is brewing within the Dakota Access protest as complaints grow about outside activists trashing the camps, mooching off donations, and treating the anti-pipeline demonstration like a Burning Man-style festival for hippies.
:lol:
Standing Rock Sioux chairman David Archambault II, who is leading the protest, raised concerns about sanitation in a Nov. 23 interview with Vice, saying activists are “digging pits out there for their human waste.” “That’s a flood zone,” said Mr. Archambault, referring to camps on federal land along the Cannonball River. “So when the floodwaters come up, that waste is going to be contaminating the water. We’re no different than the oil company, if we’re fighting for water. What’s going to happen when people leave? Who has to clean it up? Who has to refurbish it? It’s going to be us, the people who live here.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

:coffee:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:28 am

pErvin wrote:First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
Misattributed

Also, that chain of events is more likely to be the exception than the rule. Hopefully the protesters will be able to stop the pipeline from crossing the Missouri. At least at that location. Seven other pipelines have crossed it elsewhere already.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:26 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
Misattributed
Where am I supposed to be looking on that page?