The Thread of Democrats

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Famous Hollywood democrat
This is what happens when Hugh Hefner dies! You can't objectify women anymore!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Tero wrote:After Obama’s 2008 Win, Indiana GOP Added Early Voting in White Suburb, Cut It in Indianapolis
all kinds of white folks tricks!
Indianapolis is 2/3 white. :tea:

The issue in Indiana was not that early voting was "cut" - it was that it was not "expanded" in Marion county. There was, and is, early voting in Marion county. However, to expand the number of early voting polling places, you have to have a unanimous vote of the election board for that particular county.

Absentee voting in Marion county in 2016 was up over 50% from 2012, and up 80% over 2008.

Anyone not able to make it to a polling place -- even if it's an availability of transportation issue (all you have to do is say you have trouble getting to the polling place) and you can vote by mail, early, in Indiana. Nobody is prevented from voting...

Of course....voting by mail requires payment of a 49 cent stamp. So, that's voter suppression right there, according to the Democrats. Black people are less likely to have "access to" postage, and black people are less likely to be within walking distance of a mailbox, and are more likely to live in neighborhoods with sloppy postmen who are lose their mail. :bored:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Re: Democrats move on

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 am

Time to use 2015 tactics? Just to be on safe side:
http://karireport.blogspot.com/2015/06/ ... th-no.html

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 am

Bernie is on the march again. Let's see if he can avoid the politics of envy this time.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am

He might need to concentrate more so on avoiding a heart attack...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:28 am

Ageist!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Sanders still strong. Leftism is not unpopular. Extreme political correctness is.
Luckily for Democrats, they will get help from outside the party. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is a party outsider, and is running for the Senate as an Independent in 2018, though he called himself a Democrat in 2016. He's currently the "Democrat" with the most credibility among Republicans.
Sanders is the country’s most popular active politician, viewed favorably by 57 percent of registered voters, according to a Harvard-Harris survey. In fact, he’s the only person among 16 Trump administration officials or Congressional leaders viewed favorably by a majority of those polled. Fewer than two-thirds of Republicans view him unfavorably.

Running as a Democrat in the 2016 primaries didn’t detract from his cross-party appeal. Twelve percent of those who voted for him in the primaries voted for Trump in the presidential election.
The Hill
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 am

Hispanic Democrat ready to build wall:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lissandravilla ... xdVLJ5jvkw

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 pm

They gave in too easily:
CNN
Sens. Susan Collins and Joe Manchin celebrated today’s successful vote in the Senate to end the shutdown and reopen the government, saying it was the work of bipartisanship.

“Today is the day to celebrate because we have shown that a determined group of senators working together across the aisle can result in positive action,” said Collins, a Republican from Maine.

She continued: “Today we've taken a significant step forward with more than 80 senators voting to reopen government and with a commitment from the Republican leader to bring an immigration bill to the floor with ample opportunity for those with differing views to offer up substitutes to a bill.”

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Activists:
United We Dream executive director Cristina Jimenez, whose group has mobilized its grassroots to push for Dreamer protection, tweeted that "Dems failed to fight & use their leverage to protect immigrant youth. A false promise to vote on immigration from Rs is not a strategy to win. We won't be fooled. This vote means deportation."

Not every group on the left lambasted Senate Democrats on Monday.

Organizing for Action, an offshoot of the political organizing arm built by former President Barack Obama, attempted to keep the blame for the three-day shutdown on the GOP even as it offered only faint praise for the Senate agreement.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Democrats have multiple eager candidates running to take down Republicans.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... tes-373767

With Republicans the more evil one wins the pimaries, proposing more draconian measures. After all, all those babies have to born! And then go immediately into poverty.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm

What's worrisome is whether the Democratic establishment will continue with its status quo. When I read things like this, it's all too familiar.

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/23/dcc ... gressives/
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Democrats not allowed to talk racism, because the white people choosing the president don’t want to know. You just have to address whitecfolks and pretend to talk jobs and ”less government”:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... onse-to-it

Congressional races, there they can talk racism.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Wimps/idiots...it’s not your year. You can put brakes to Trump madness only in 2019:

Democrats withheld their sorely needed votes for a dramatic few minutes on the House floor. But ultimately 73 Democrats defied Pelosi and helped Republicans reopen the federal government without a single concession on immigration, the wedge issue in the face-off.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Tea party libertarians replaced center Republicans with the tea party ones. Leftist Democrats unwilling to replace centrist Democrats. The change to a Bernie type party has to start in local districts to have national power.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... sts-400981

On the national level Democrats have nothing to do but sit tight till Nov, no DACA deal but no wall either.