Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Trump and coal mines

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Here is a list West Virginia of coal mines
http://www.wvgenweb.org/wvcoal/edkins3.html

only a handful of those are productive
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Ex ... coal_mines

Trump must reopen enough mines to employ ALL the miners he promised jobs.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Re: Trump and coal mines

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:58 pm

He must also destroy the EPA, just removing it, due to coal sludge problem. We are keeping track of these now for 4 years. Otherwise, Shoot Trump!
Coal Sludge
Coal sludge, also known as slurry, is the liquid coal waste produced by mining activities. After mining, coal is crushed and washed to remove the surrounding soil and rock. The washing process generates huge amounts of liquid waste, and the mining process itself produces millions of tons of solid waste. Coal companies usually dispose of this waste by constructing dams from the solid mining refuse to store the liquid waste. These impoundments are usually located in valleys near their coal processing plants, and have broken apart and flooded and polluted residential areas, such as the Martin County sludge spill.[47]

Coal sludge is filled with toxins. Each year coal preparation creates waste water containing an estimated 13 tons of mercury, 3236 tons of arsenic, 189 tons of beryllium, 251 tons of cadmium, and 2754 tons of nickel, and 1098 tons of selenium.[48]

The term coal sludge is also sometimes used to refer to coal waste as a whole.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:25 pm

In the UK coal waste is called slag and was traditionally stored in on-site heaps. The perils of de-regulating the processing of industrial waste are obvious to anyone and everyone.

Aberfan disaster.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Tero wrote:He must also destroy the EPA, just removing it, due to coal sludge problem. We are keeping track of these now for 4 years. Otherwise, Shoot Trump!
Coal Sludge
Coal sludge, also known as slurry, is the liquid coal waste produced by mining activities. After mining, coal is crushed and washed to remove the surrounding soil and rock. The washing process generates huge amounts of liquid waste, and the mining process itself produces millions of tons of solid waste. Coal companies usually dispose of this waste by constructing dams from the solid mining refuse to store the liquid waste. These impoundments are usually located in valleys near their coal processing plants, and have broken apart and flooded and polluted residential areas, such as the Martin County sludge spill.[47]

Coal sludge is filled with toxins. Each year coal preparation creates waste water containing an estimated 13 tons of mercury, 3236 tons of arsenic, 189 tons of beryllium, 251 tons of cadmium, and 2754 tons of nickel, and 1098 tons of selenium.[48]

...so more US jobs - cleaning up the mess.

Win-win all the way!
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:34 am

Tero wrote:
So why the fuck aren't the greenies busily searching for ways to extract, reprocess and recycle these valuable minerals instead of whining about it using computers powered by...wait for it...coal.

Hypocrites.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 am

rainbow wrote:
Tero wrote:He must also destroy the EPA, just removing it, due to coal sludge problem. We are keeping track of these now for 4 years. Otherwise, Shoot Trump!
Coal Sludge

...so more US jobs - cleaning up the mess.

Win-win all the way!
Yup! We need to issue gum-boots and shovels to every welfare recipient and have them shovel the goo into extraction/recycling machines to recover the valuable metals and minerals for reuse. Also any greenie who whines about recycling should be conscripted to do the same, using shovels and wheelbarrows. I'd pay taxes for that.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:43 am

Mercury is used in dental fillings and fluorescent lights. It can be replaced in those, and will be. Otherwise useless.

Materials science is a cool firld, though. To replace things like mercure. Throw more tax money at it.

Marxist public universities: best thing left in the US.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:02 am

Brian Peacock wrote:In the UK coal waste is called slag and was traditionally stored in on-site heaps.
In Australia, 'slag' is what you call women who go out with the likes of DaveDodo and Meeky. :whistle:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 am

Seth wrote:
Tero wrote:
So why the fuck aren't the greenies busily searching for ways to extract, reprocess and recycle these valuable minerals instead of whining about it using computers powered by...wait for it...coal.
Scientists, many of whom are greenies, already do research ways to extract many of these things. :fp:
Hypocrites.
Ignoramouses. :fp:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:44 pm

pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:
Tero wrote:
Scientists, many of whom are greenies, already do research ways to extract many of these things. :fp:
Hypocrites.
Ignoramouses. :fp:
Those scientists you mention certainly are, given how long they've had to come up with a solution other than shutting down coal-fired powerplants that provide the majority of electrical energy on the planet.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 pm

There is no solution to coal. Take a college freshman chemistry class and you too can figure it out. Millions of libruls have already.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Education is for Marxists.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:41 am

Tero wrote:There is no solution to coal. Take a college freshman chemistry class and you too can figure it out. Millions of libruls have already.
Quite right, there is no solution, and no viable renewable replacement anywhere on the horizon.

Therefore, coal-ash dumps will be an issue that must be dealt with by careful engineering and proper reclamation to prevent spills and pollution of waterways, something that the government is certainly justified in regulating under the "exported harm" paradigm.

That doesn't mean closing coal mines or shutting down coal-fired power plants any more than the occasional accidental release of shit from your local sewer plant means that the government is justified in coming over to your house and shooting you so there will be no more shit.

We deal with your shit, so you have to deal with our coal-ash.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:44 am

Seth wrote:
Tero wrote:
We are.
Hypocrite.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 am

My computer is powered by electricity.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.