Here We Fucking Go Again...

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Here We Fucking Go Again...

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 am

After 12 years of relative peace:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090309/tuk ... a1618.html
The dead soldiers from 38 Engineer Regiment were wearing desert fatigues and taking delivery of pizzas before leaving for Afghanistan. Two other servicemen and two pizza deliverymen were also seriously injured.

At one stage the killers stood over their victims and fired a second volley. Security chiefs believe the gunmen were prepared to murder all six in front of the main gates of the barracks.
The Real IRA, which has claimed responsibility and branded the pizza deliverymen as British "collaborators", is the same organisation that killed 29 people, including a woman pregnant with twins, in the bombing of Omagh, Co Tyrone, in August 1998.
I can half understand them opening fire on soldiers but shooting two pizza dudes as collaborators...?
I hope they fucking end up somewhere like Guantanamo Bay with hoods over their heads listening to white noise and being water-boarded every day for the rest of their worthless fucking lives.
What complete fucking wankers. :nono:

Mods:- Please feel free if you think the news section would be more appropriate. I put it here so that it would be more easily seen.
Bri.
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

Mysturji
Clint Eastwood
About me: Downloading an app to my necktop

Re: Here We Fucking Go Again...

Post by Mysturji » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Why am I not surprised?
Sir Figg Newton wrote:If I have seen further than others, it is only because I am surrounded by midgets.
Cormac wrote:Doom predictors have been with humans right through our history. They are like the proverbial stopped clock - right twice a day, but not due to the efficacy of their prescience.
IDMD2
I am a twit.

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:54 pm

I'll move it after a while, but I'll give it time to 'air'.

Who said patriotism wasn't dangerous?
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

ScholasticSpastic
Inscrutable Inoculator

Post by ScholasticSpastic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 pm

The dead soldiers from 38 Engineer Regiment were wearing desert fatigues and taking delivery of pizzas before leaving for Afghanistan.
While I am upset about the loss of life, I cannot help but think this sentence could have been reworked- for as it stands it evokes images of zombies attempting to calculate a tip for delivery. :shifty:
"You've got to be a real asshole to quote yourself!"
~ScholasticSpastic

(I am not a police officer. I am unarmed.)

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:30 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
The dead soldiers from 38 Engineer Regiment were wearing desert fatigues and taking delivery of pizzas before leaving for Afghanistan.
While I am upset about the loss of life, I cannot help but think this sentence could have been reworked- for as it stands it evokes images of zombies attempting to calculate a tip for delivery. :shifty:
The whole sentence is skew. It made me think they were stocking up on pizzas to take to Afghanistan with them. Don't they got Pizza Hut in Kabul? :dono:

I really cannot understand the mentality of the murdering fuckers that do this kind of thing. I can just about imagine being angry enough to write an angry letter for a cause - but gunning down pizza-delivery boys? For collaboration! Perleeaase! :nono:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
The whole sentence is skew. It made me think they were stocking up on pizzas to take to Afghanistan with them. Don't they got Pizza Hut in Kabul? :dono:

I really cannot understand the mentality of the murdering fuckers that do this kind of thing. I can just about imagine being angry enough to write an angry letter for a cause - but gunning down pizza-delivery boys? For collaboration! Perleeaase! :nono:
"Sending a message" is the purpose of terrorism. 2-3 men with murder in mind can create a disproportionate amount of publicity for a cause. (That was day two in the "How to screw up a society" class.)
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Geoff
Pouncer

Post by Geoff » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Moved to news.
"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:48 pm

As the title says, here we go again. :dono:

It's sad but I think that peace in this country is a pipe dream at best, at least while there are people out there who think you can achieve peace with a pipe bomb. :nono:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

owtth
The Enchanter
About me: Well y'know

Post by owtth » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:19 am

And a police officer murdered today by another offshoot of the IRA. I don´t understand the motivation of these fuckers, I could understand after things started going well in the North why these guys were behaving like drug gangs and pimps, cause that is how they get their money. But these latest killings have no sense. These killers have little or no support in Ireland but they persevere in the face of their own irrelevance.
At least I'm housebroken.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 am

These people have no support behind them what so ever. In fact they barely even have recognition. No one around here is talking about it anyway. Jade Goody seems to be more of a hot topic right now.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:04 am

owtth wrote:but they persevere in the face of their own irrelevance.
That is what makes them so dangerous.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 am

The best hope would be some of the real hard men of the old IRA who have accepted the new political realitities, put out some feelers, and find out who these idiots are, then quietly tell the authorities. If they can't bring themselves to inform, then a quick execution would do the trick...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

JimC wrote:The best hope would be some of the real hard men of the old IRA who have accepted the new political realitities, put out some feelers, and find out who these idiots are, then quietly tell the authorities. If they can't bring themselves to inform, then a quick execution would do the trick...
... or a quiet, discreet kneecapping.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

Arse

Post by Arse » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:13 am

JimC wrote:The best hope would be some of the real hard men of the old IRA who have accepted the new political realitities, put out some feelers, and find out who these idiots are, then quietly tell the authorities. If they can't bring themselves to inform, then a quick execution would do the trick...
That's a really bad idea. At the moment the DUP can still share government with Sinn Fein because these current crop of murderers cannot be associated with Sinn Fein. If the IRA start killing anybody - even universally disliked murderers - the DUP would walk out of government or insist that Sinn Fein were ejected. The political process would fall apart and we would be back to square one.

If the IRA can't bring themselves to inform directly to the PSNI then they should inform Sinn Fein and let them pass the info along.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:54 am

ghost wrote:
That's a really bad idea. At the moment the DUP can still share government with Sinn Fein because these current crop of murderers cannot be associated with Sinn Fein. If the IRA start killing anybody - even universally disliked murderers - the DUP would walk out of government or insist that Sinn Fein were ejected. The political process would fall apart and we would be back to square one.

If the IRA can't bring themselves to inform directly to the PSNI then they should inform Sinn Fein and let them pass the info along.
That makes a lot of sense. And sorry for my flippant remark above - it was equal parts misplaced humour and frustration that all this shit had started again - either way, unhelpful. There is still a tightrope to be walked in NI / Ulster, something a lot of us over the water had forgotten for a while. +1
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur