The Thread of BREXIT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The Thread of BREXIT

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:37 pm

The point to address is not who voted for or against it, or whether a vote one way or another is or was morally flawed, but now that the decision has been made -- alea iacta est -- will Britain's disentanglement from the EU actually deliver the sunny uplands promised by the Leave campaigns and now by the government?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Hail e European Scotland
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:12 am

:swoon: :cheer: :ab: :smoke: :dance: :biggrin: :funny: :lol: :hehe: :FIO: :naughty: :clap:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Yeah, a lot for Brexiteers to cheer about. The wholesale importing of all EU law into the British statute and 'delegatory powers' giving ministers the ability to amend the statute body at whim. These powers, now being referred to as Henry VIII clauses, are supposed to be temporary but it should worry everyone that the government is looking to grant itself such sweeping powers to amend, repeal or enact law without reference to Parliament.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:43 pm

Don't care as I'm glad we are free from the retarded super state that is the EU may it rot in hell. Fuck Merkel and the Germans trying to destroy Europe for the third time as we want no part of it. Europe has always been a bunch of cucks and self loathing gimps and they can fuck off. Even if we suffer economically so what as there are more important things than money.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 pm

Yeah, authoritarian rule is just so, you know, efficient and righteous eh?

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, authoritarian rule is just so, you know, efficient and righteous eh?
Freeing ourselves from bureaucratic rule from Brussels is authoritarian? I know you are a lefty but even you should realize how retarded this is.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 pm

spitting in the soup becausde there are brussels sprouts in it, yeah, that's retarded.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, authoritarian rule is just so, you know, efficient and righteous eh?
Freeing ourselves from bureaucratic rule from Brussels is authoritarian? I know you are a lefty but even you should realize how retarded this is.
Nope - and there's no need to denigrate my cognitive capacities btw. Did you actually read the post you quoted? The government granting itself law-making powers that side-step any reference to Parliament is, as I suggested, a step towards authoritarian rule. That's what I'm talking about - the government saying they need these so-called Henry VIII clauses so they can just get on a do the right thing without all that time-consuming debate and discussion. You said you don't care about that - I'm suggesting that you think a more authoritarian executive is not such a bad thing.

Do you actually have any coherent political views or are you just in this for the dick-waving and the lols? I mean, I know what you stand against but what do you actually stand for? Eh?

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Nope - and there's no need to denigrate my cognitive capacities btw. Did you actually read the post you quoted? The government granting itself law-making powers that side-step any reference to Parliament is, as I suggested, a step towards authoritarian rule. That's what I'm talking about - the government saying they need these so-called Henry VIII clauses so they can just get on a do the right thing without all that time-consuming debate and discussion. You said you don't care about that - I'm suggesting that you think a more authoritarian executive is not such a bad thing.

Do you actually have any coherent political views or are you just in this for the dick-waving and the lols? I mean, I know what you stand against but what do you actually stand for? Eh?
You are missing the point of brexit. Do you honestly believe all the shit you spouted matters to brexit voters? The brexit vote was about immigration and mainly Islamic immigration as the British people don't want to have their freedom taken away by a barbaric religion. Political correctness ment they couldn't voice their opinion but don't fool yourself that was the big motivation of the brexit vote. I didn't spend my life fighting the Christian blasphemy laws just to have Islamophobia imposed on me against my will (backed up by lefty/liberal fucktards I might add.) Seriously fuck you lefty/liberals fuck you to hell as I am never going to live under your totalitarian state. I will hide in the woods if I have to and creep up behind you and cut your throat before I ever submit to your inhumane doctrine.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:11 am

Will the UK renege on its treaties with india and pakistan? because, let's face it, most muslamic immigration in the UK still is pakistani, not African or even Levantine

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:21 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

You are missing the point of brexit. Do you honestly believe all the shit you spouted matters to brexit voters? The brexit vote was about immigration and mainly Islamic immigration as the British people don't want to have their freedom taken away by a barbaric religion. Political correctness ment they couldn't voice their opinion but don't fool yourself that was the big motivation of the brexit vote. I didn't spend my life fighting the Christian blasphemy laws just to have Islamophobia imposed on me against my will (backed up by lefty/liberal fucktards I might add.) Seriously fuck you lefty/liberals fuck you to hell as I am never going to live under your totalitarian state. I will hide in the woods if I have to and creep up behind you and cut your throat before I ever submit to your inhumane doctrine.
Do you think that the executive granting themselves powers to amend, repeal, and enact law without reference to Parliament is a good idea or not? This is not a partisan question - so why are you avoiding it with all this irrelevant twaddle - it's a question about what you think is the proper scope of executive power.

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 am

Svartalf wrote:Will the UK renege on its treaties with india and pakistan? because, let's face it, most muslamic immigration in the UK still is pakistani, not African or even Levantine
We had a points system ala Australia with commonwealth countries and I'm OK with that.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:02 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

Do you think that the executive granting themselves powers to amend, repeal, and enact law without reference to Parliament is a good idea or not? This is not a partisan question - so why are you avoiding it with all this irrelevant twaddle - it's a question about what you think is the proper scope of executive power.
I'm no fan of the lords and we should get rid but one thing at a time eh.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:10 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Don't care..
Of course you don't as you are an anti-freedom authoritarian.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.