Straya!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Straya!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 am

Who is preaching? There are those that constantly preach about Australia.
All I get is the Australia I saw was not Australia. What the fuck was it then? I should only look at the bits that are civilised?

btw it was not my sister but wife's cousin.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 am
There are those that constantly preach about Australia.
That's another irony meter gone. From what you keep posting, 'Holy Land' = 'Holland Nederland'.

Who is constantly preaching about Australia anyway? Name names. Both I and rEv have come down on Australia's shortcomings like a ton of bricks. Recently I have argued the case that Australia is a land of rape culture. Even more recently rEv has said he thinks 77% of Australians are racists. Do you have another forum member in mind? Support your assertion with quotes. Provide links.

Scot Dutchy wrote:
I should only look at the bits that are civilised?
No. Ceasing to imply that there is no civilisation in Australia (your recommendation I use a passport to "escape back to civilisation" implies there's none to be found in Australia) will do fine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Since it's probably gone unnoticed, thanks to another one of fuckknuckle's tanties (I know, I know, Jimbo ;)) I'll just repost my previous post.
Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 am
Our current government is on a hiding to nothing, no matter if the next general election is held now or at the latest possible date. The independent candidate, Kerryn Phelps has just won the seat after distribution of preferences that our previous Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, held at the last election with 67% of the vote.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The seat of Wentworth has become solidly conservative over the past few decades. You cannot buy a house for under one or two million dollars, and you'll be struggling to find an apartment for much under a million. Phelps's social and political views are more in alignment with Turnbull's than with the Labor party, and yet she has beaten Turnbull's party's own candidate. Goes to show just how much the current Prime Minister's right wing faction is on the nose.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That's another irony meter gone. From what you keep posting, 'Holy Land' = 'Holland Nederland'.

Who is constantly preaching about Australia anyway? Name names. Both I and rEv have come down on Australia's shortcomings like a ton of bricks. Recently I have argued the case that Australia is a land of rape culture. Even more recently rEv has said he thinks 77% of Australians are racists. Do you have another forum member in mind? Support your assertion with quotes. Provide links.

Scot Dutchy wrote:
No. Ceasing to imply that there is no civilisation in Australia (your recommendation I use a passport to "escape back to civilisation" implies there's none to be found in Australia) will do fine.
I only post facts about this country; the Netherlands. I dont preach. I have often mentioned the short comings of Europe and of this country.
So you have finally found out it is not such a perfect country as you have been preaching. Well done.
Just stop being insulting.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Hermit wrote:
Our current government is on a hiding to nothing, no matter if the next general election is held now or at the latest possible date. The independent candidate, Kerryn Phelps has just won the seat after distribution of preferences that our previous Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, held at the last election with 67% of the vote.

The seat of Wentworth has become solidly conservative over the past few decades. You cannot buy a house for under one or two million dollars, and you'll be struggling to find an apartment for much under a million. Phelps's social and political views are more in alignment with Turnbull's than with the Labor party, and yet she has beaten Turnbull's party's own candidate. Goes to show just how much the current Prime Minister's right wing faction is on the nose.
Awesome! I forgot all about this (been playing poker most of the day). Has she said whether she'll guarantee supply or not?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 pm
Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Scot Dutchy wrote:
I only post facts about this country; the Netherlands. I dont preach. I have often mentioned the short comings of Europe and of this country.
So you have finally found out it is not such a perfect country as you have been preaching. Well done.
Just stop being insulting.
Nice of you to ignore most of my post. I coloured the bits you skipped past red. I would like to reply to them.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Why?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:41 pm
Hermit wrote:

Awesome! I forgot all about this (been playing poker most of the day). Has she said whether she'll guarantee supply or not?
Phelps does not strike me as someone who would block supply. Don't forget, her social and political views are more in alignment with Turnbull's than with the Labor party. Blocking supply isn't even on anyway. Even if all crossbenchers in the lower house voted in favour of it, the result would be a tie, which is not enough. Someone from the government would have to cross the floor to make it stick. That's not going to happen. As for the Senate, I can't see 13 of the 20 crossbenchers voting with Labor either.

Still, ScoMo's government is a dead man walking, and that's bloody good news. There won't be anywhere near the 20% swing against it, but there'll be more than enough to turn it into a whimpering rump. Potatohead's palace coup may yet be the best political move for Labor since McMahon succeeded Holt after he left the country in a Chinese submarine.

ETA: Someone, presumably on the train somewhere between Katoomba and Sydney, has a keen eye for a pun.

Source: Gary Fallon @GaryFallon2

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Phelps does not strike me as someone who would block supply. Don't forget, her social and political views are more in alignment with Turnbull's than with the Labor party. Blocking supply isn't even on anyway. Even if all crossbenchers in the lower house voted in favour of it, the result would be a tie, which is not enough. Someone from the government would have to cross the floor to make it stick. That's not going to happen. As for the Senate, I can't see 13 of the 20 crossbenchers voting with Labor either.
You are talking about a vote of no confidence. That's not the same as blocking supply. For supply to be blocked the government needs to be unable to win a majority on its bills.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:05 am

The pundits I've read are saying that, in practice, the election of Phelps won't bring down the government, which will stagger along until being swept from power next year...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:23 pm
Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:

You are talking about a vote of no confidence. That's not the same as blocking supply. For supply to be blocked the government needs to be unable to win a majority on its bills.
Right you are. It would still take all crossbenchers in the lower house or a majority of crossbenchers in the Senate to vote against a bill to bring down the government, which I can't see happening. The government's loss of a seat to an independent who is more in tune with Liberal than Labor policies makes no difference. A month ago she even urged voters to give their preferences to the Liberal than the Labor candidate, which 80 to 85% of them ignored.

Now to some slightly worrying news: The postal votes being counted now strongly favour the Liberal candidate. As I write, Kerryn Phelp is ahead of David Sharma by 884 votes and that number keeps diminishing. With only 1266 envelopes yet to be opened she will probably just scrape in by about 500 votes, but there might be a recount of the lot yet.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Has she said whether she'll guarantee supply or not?
Phelps is on record for wanting the government to serve out its term. She has reaffirmed during interviews yesterday that the Morrison government should run a full term unless there are “exceptional circumstances” rather than be forced to an election as a consequence of losing its majority in the lower house. At the same time Labor indicated there were no immediate plans afoot to test Morrison’s control of the House. Tony Burke suggested Morrison ought to call an election now, seeing how much time he had spent on telling the Wentworth electorate a hung parliament would mean political instability and harm the economy. Like that's going to happen. If there's on thing you can't accuse Morrison of, it's being in possession of honourable principles.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:14 am

Julian Assange pretends he doesn't understand English, demands interpreter who translates Ecuadorian to Australian for a court case he brought against Ecuador. English justice system agrees. :lol:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:24 am

:lol: Perhaps things aren't going his way--the prospect of having to clean up after his cat has him worried. How demeaning! Surprised they didn't also require that he take a shower at least once a week.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:01 pm

I read that his personal hygiene left a bit to be desired, but I didn't realize he was letting his cat shit all over the show.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.