Labour Purge Begins

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Labour Purge Begins

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Settle down you two. :|
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 am

mistermack wrote:
Rum wrote:Jesus you can be really quite despicable - I had almost forgotten.
I've not forgotten what a cunt you are. Your face says it all.
:wtf:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Well under way now, this.

Veteran Labour MP Frank Field resigned the Labour whip last week after losing a confidence vote in his local party, citing antisemitism as a major reason. His local party rejected antisemitism awareness training from the Jewish Labour Group over their "possible links to ISIS" (I'm not making this up).

Joan Ryan, MP for Enfield North and chair of Labour Friends of Israel, narrowly lost a confidence vote in her local party last night. Proceedings were covered live by Iran's Press TV (I swear, I am not making this up).

Luton South MP Gavin Shuker, another critic of Corbyn over Labour's stance on antisemitism, also lost a confidence vote yesterday.

THE LUNATICS ARE TAKING OVER THE ASYLUM.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm

They seem to be making a good job of becoming unelectable. They’ve got an open goal and no fucker to kick the ball in the back of the net.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm
They seem to be making a good job of becoming unelectable. They’ve got an open goal and no fucker to kick the ball in the back of the net.
Hitler was unelectable until things changed and he got himself elected.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:12 pm

cronus wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Hitler was unelectable until things changed and he got himself elected.
??

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:46 pm

How much of the alleged anti-semitism, and possible favouring of radical Islam in the Labour Party is real, and how much is actually down to a robust criticism of the actions of the current Israeli state?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:38 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:46 pm
How much of the alleged anti-semitism, and possible favouring of radical Islam in the Labour Party is real, and how much is actually down to a robust criticism of the actions of the current Israeli state?
Mostly the later, but the latter sometimes has a tendency to stray into the former. There is no getting away from the fact that there is a minority of quite vocal antisemites in the party.

Labour's National Executive Committee was elected this week, it was a clean sweep for the 9 Momentum-backed candidates - although Momentum had already disowned one of them, Peter Willsman, after he accused "Jewish Trump fanatics" of concocting accusations of antisemitism within the party.

The Willsman row overshadowed the fact that also elected to the NEC, with most votes in fact, was Councillor Yasmine Dar. Here is video of her praising the Iranian Revolution at a celebration for the 38th anniversary of the ayatollahs taking over.

https://order-order.com/2018/09/04/fan- ... -nec-poll/

So, erm, yeah.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:03 am

I think there's little doubt that the left wing - the 'far left' as some might have it, think they are onto a winner. With their customary zeal, based on the certainty that they are right and everyone else is wrong, they are trying to dump 'moderates' and Corbyn critics. The recent votes of no confidence for three Labour MPs who have criticised Corbyn in the past by their local parties (which carry no constitutional weight incidentally, but do undermine their positions arguably) are testament to that.

Labour are likely to learn a lesson at the next election if this carries on. One they should have learnt time and time again since the 1940s and that is the British don't vote 'hard left'. Of course we live in interesting times and as someone who didn't think we'd vote Brexit and didn't think Trump stood a chance anything might happen. Going by previous form though if the move to the left continues they won't get in next time. A damned shame really as the Conservatives are riding roughshod over the country in the mean time.