Britain is going to be Tory for at least 10 years.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Britain is going to be Tory for at least 10 years.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm

pErvin wrote:And the stupid public will forget all about this by next election.. :sigh:
The electorate always has a very short memory. Everybody will be so stunned after Brexit any thought of anything will be forgotten.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:12 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:"There's no magic money tree - unless you're making a deal with the DUP"
On Monday the Conservative Party and the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) agreed a £1.5bn deal that keeps Theresa May in Downing Street.

During the election campaign, the Tories repeatedly attacked the opposition Labour Party over its spending pledges.

The line “there is no magic money tree” was used repeatedly by senior Tories such as Amber Rudd and Theresa May.

So where has the magic money for Northern Ireland come from?

The Labour manifesto was entirely costed, and the party published an accompanying document which spelled out how each policy would be paid for.

The Conservatives who produced no costings for their manifesto, let alone this unforeseen deal, nevertheless criticised Labour’s plans.
Some junior ministerial cannon-fodder was on the radio this morning saying that the Conservatives could afford this magic-money £1.5bn gift because they were custodians of a strong economy. I shit you not.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Top Tories in revolt against May over public spending

Jeremy Hunt and Justine Greening tell PM it is time to ease austerity as poll shows party leader’s popularity plummeting

Theresa May is facing a chorus of Tory demands for a radical overhaul of state funding for public services as cabinet ministers and senior Conservative MPs back higher pay for millions of NHS workers, more cash for schools and a “national debate” on student debt.

The prime minister’s waning authority was highlighted as her health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, and education secretary Justine Greening lobbied for an easing of austerity and senior Conservative MPs insisted public services would be in growing peril without an urgent loosening of the purse strings.

Separately, Damian Green, the de facto deputy prime minister and a May loyalist, hinted at a wider rethink when he said there might need to be a national debate about the level of student fees, in order to appeal to younger voters.

The level of internal pressure for the abandonment of austerity puts chancellor Philip Hammond under huge pressure to consider raising taxes to fund any extra public spending. It comes as the official body that regulates nurses and midwives – the Nursing and Midwifery Council – prepares to reveal new evidence on Monday of a growing crisis in the recruitment of nurses....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... c-spending
I wonder how long they keep using her as a human shield against growing public outrage? Don't for one moment think that the Conservatives don't have a transition strategy in place - that's what all this is actually about.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:20 am

I love it how the traditionally whackjob conservative right have woken up to the fact that their actual policies are incredibly unpopular and they are all clamouring to outdo each other in proving that they are a champion of the common man (like Trump purported to be). It's happening in a big way in Australia too, most notably with our utterly clueless loser of an ex-PM, Tony Abbott. But he's going more the Trump route of offering empty rhetoric instead of real policy changes like the UK whackjobs seem to be pursuing (although, I won't hold my breath till I actually see them vote for those policies).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 am

Don't you find the fact that the Tory press ate laying the groundwork for the transition interesting. The only reason public sector pay is an issue (rather than just a forlorn complaint, like it has been for the last 7 or 8 years) is because it's become the hook they'll hang ousting May on.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:40 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Don't you find the fact that the Tory press ate laying the groundwork for the transition interesting. The only reason public sector pay is an issue (rather than just a forlorn complaint, like it has been for the last 7 or 8 years) is because it's become the hook they'll hang ousting May on.
The three they are talking about are even worse than May. They will force the UK over the edge.

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Don't you find the fact that the Tory press ate laying the groundwork for the transition interesting. The only reason public sector pay is an issue (rather than just a forlorn complaint, like it has been for the last 7 or 8 years) is because it's become the hook they'll hang ousting May on.
The three they are talking about are even worse than May. They will force the UK over the edge.
Certainly, but not before their turn at playing PM.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Like bloody small kids: "Its my turn Boris you have been in long enough".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 pm

I think Damien Green or Spreadsheet Phil might be in with a shout - as nominally the least toxic. Amber Rudd might be prodded to the edge of the platform. Just like they've adopted with their Austerity policies their strategy has been to hint at something appalling and then appear conciliatory when it turns out to be slightly less terrible - like saying that they need to remove the legs and arms of all first born children, and then you actually feel relieved when they only take one leg at the hip and an arm below the elbow. So Borris and Gove are the bait, and one of the others will be the switch.

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:14 pm

pErvin wrote:I love it how the traditionally whackjob conservative right have woken up to the fact that their actual policies are incredibly unpopular and they are all clamouring to outdo each other in proving that they are a champion of the common man (like Trump purported to be). It's happening in a big way in Australia too, most notably with our utterly clueless loser of an ex-PM, Tony Abbott. But he's going more the Trump route of offering empty rhetoric instead of real policy changes like the UK whackjobs seem to be pursuing (although, I won't hold my breath till I actually see them vote for those policies).
Expecting people to be productive and stand on their own feet will always be unpopular with the sad losers of society. Remember democracy is a relatively new concept in nationhood. No democracy has ever lasted more than two hundred years. I believe capitalism with a welfare state is a good compromise, that will fly out the window once the population start voting favourable access to the treasury largess. The 1% have always been able to flee once conditions no longer suit them, in the globalist world even more so, BTW you lefty/liberals support this system. Now a normal worker has to work one and a half days out of a five day week for nothing aka taxes. well they get access to the welfare state so all is well and good. Then you have to work two/two and a half/three days with with the access to the same welfare state as the only reward. The same reward everyone else gets for working or being lazy cunts, the number of physically/mentally disabled suddenly quadrupled and the sick multiply in a welfare state FFS.

Democracy is only going to continue with people voting for sensible economic policies otherwise you are going to get communism or fascism and you and your children will fucking deserve it for you being selfish entitled cunts.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Mr Dodo wrote:The same reward everyone else gets for working or being lazy cunts, the number of physically/mentally disabled suddenly quadrupled and the sick multiply in a welfare state FFS.
In what way are the disabled lazy cunts?

Frank Zappa

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:52 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mr Dodo wrote:The same reward everyone else gets for working or being lazy cunts, the number of physically/mentally disabled suddenly quadrupled and the sick multiply in a welfare state FFS.
In what way are the disabled lazy cunts?
They are not it is just the numbers which rise (to the detriment of the genuine suffering people.) There will always be lazy cunts willing to take avantage(sp) of a gibmedat society. Still it is nice that you focus on the more emotive part of the subject. It shows that reality, substance doesn't matter to you at all. Virtue signalling of what a great person you are matters more to you then the truth or reality. Well done you.
Last edited by DaveDodo007 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:02 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
pErvin wrote:I love it how the traditionally whackjob conservative right have woken up to the fact that their actual policies are incredibly unpopular and they are all clamouring to outdo each other in proving that they are a champion of the common man (like Trump purported to be). It's happening in a big way in Australia too, most notably with our utterly clueless loser of an ex-PM, Tony Abbott. But he's going more the Trump route of offering empty rhetoric instead of real policy changes like the UK whackjobs seem to be pursuing (although, I won't hold my breath till I actually see them vote for those policies).
Expecting people to be productive and stand on their own feet will always be unpopular with the sad losers of society. Remember democracy is a relatively new concept in nationhood. No democracy has ever lasted more than two hundred years. I believe capitalism with a welfare state is a good compromise, that will fly out the window once the population start voting favourable access to the treasury largess. The 1% have always been able to flee once conditions no longer suit them, in the globalist world even more so, BTW you lefty/liberals support this system. Now a normal worker has to work one and a half days out of a five day week for nothing aka taxes. well they get access to the welfare state so all is well and good. Then you have to work two/two and a half/three days with with the access to the same welfare state as the only reward. The same reward everyone else gets for working or being lazy cunts, the number of physically/mentally disabled suddenly quadrupled and the sick multiply in a welfare state FFS.

Democracy is only going to continue with people voting for sensible economic policies otherwise you are going to get communism or fascism and you and your children will fucking deserve it for you being selfish entitled cunts.
I don't know why you bother quoting something I write and then just have a generalised rant that has nothing to do with what I said. Why not just have the rant in the absence of the non-sequitur? :dunno:

Regarding your bit about capitalism/communism/etc, capitalism can't continue to function as it is with its consumer base being lost to automation. This is a basic point that everyone bar conservatives seem to understand. Maybe you should try thinking (if that's something you have experience with) about things past empty slogans and drunken rants? :td:
Last edited by pErvinalia on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.