Britain is going to be Tory for at least 10 years.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Re: Britain is going to be Tory for at least 10 years.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:41 pm

mistermack wrote:Buy share in fox hunts. And any company that has prominent Tories on the board. And get yourself private health cover.

The Tories can do whatever they want, for the next 10 years. And that could very easily include leaving the EU.

Tony Blair is right. Labour are heading for a cliff. But he's wrong, if he thinks they can be diverted.
I don't think they can. Jeremy Corbyn has 53% in the polls. His nearest rival has 21%.

And thousands are piling in to join Labour, so that they can vote. It only costs three pounds! Many Tories will consider that money well spent. In fact, probably the best three quid they ever spent.
Why would you give three pounds to the Tory party, when you could use it to get yourself a vote in the Labour leadership, and vote for an un-electable leader?
In the 24 hours before registration to vote closed Wednesday, Labour received more than 160,000 applications.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33896414
As far as I can see, this election is won. Nothing's going to change.
Corybyn is the new Labour leader, and it just remains to count the landslide.

And even worse, as winner, he won't make any changes to the leadership election rules.
Labour are finished, as a party of Government. Or I'll eat my dinner.
10 years, stop being so pessimistic. :D
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:52 pm

rachelbean wrote:Fuck the middle. Fuck every labour representative that abstained from voting on the welfare act. I'm happy there seems to be part of the labour party still alive, and happy I'm now registered to vote :cheer:
The labour party abandoned the working class long ago to suck globalist, corporate, open borders cock. Without a purge of their identity politics, feminist, SJW, cultural Marxist ways they are irrelevant.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm

mistermack wrote:For anyone who thinks I'm jumping the gun, and that the leadership is still wide open, here are the current betting odds :
Jeremy Corbyn 1/4
Andy Burnham 4/1
Yvette Cooper 7/1
Liz Kendall 100/1

So if you fancy Corbyn will lose, you can make easy money off the mugs running Paddypower.

The only reason that it's only 1/4 is that there is still the possibility that the two women might withdraw, and urge their supporters to switch to Andy Burnham, which could make it a tighter race.
Or the vague possibility that Jeremy Corbyn himself might withdraw, rather than end up the biggest loser in Labour history.

That's the reason I'm not risking MY money on a bet on Corbyn. I'm not a money gambler anyway, but that would stop me taking the 1/4 odds on Corbyn.
Neither of those things are likely though, but I'm still hoping that sanity will prevail.
Isn't that the conundrum most of the Labour members love Corbyn (including most of my family) as they don't want a 'Tory lite' leader aka Blairite. The rest of the country doesn't want a hard left PM as the polls show, yes the polls have been wrong but that is due to shy Tories and is no benefit to Labour.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 am

Strontium Dog wrote:people who have made something of their lives,
Sounds like you think you live in a meritocracy. How quaint.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
mistermack wrote:For anyone who thinks I'm jumping the gun, and that the leadership is still wide open, here are the current betting odds :
Jeremy Corbyn 1/4
Andy Burnham 4/1
Yvette Cooper 7/1
Liz Kendall 100/1

So if you fancy Corbyn will lose, you can make easy money off the mugs running Paddypower.

The only reason that it's only 1/4 is that there is still the possibility that the two women might withdraw, and urge their supporters to switch to Andy Burnham, which could make it a tighter race.
Or the vague possibility that Jeremy Corbyn himself might withdraw, rather than end up the biggest loser in Labour history.

That's the reason I'm not risking MY money on a bet on Corbyn. I'm not a money gambler anyway, but that would stop me taking the 1/4 odds on Corbyn.
Neither of those things are likely though, but I'm still hoping that sanity will prevail.
Isn't that the conundrum most of the Labour members love Corbyn (including most of my family) as they don't want a 'Tory lite' leader aka Blairite. The rest of the country doesn't want a hard left PM as the polls show, yes the polls have been wrong but that is due to shy Tories and is no benefit to Labour.
Name any hard-left Labour policy.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 am

Gulags. Fact!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 am

Brian Peacock wrote: Name any hard-left Labour policy.
Lots more power to the Unions.
Borrow lots of money and end "austerity". (also called, loading debt on your kids)
Lots more tax on everyone.
Spend spend spend.
Scrap the Nukes.
Shitloads of immigrants.
Political correctness gone mad.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am

Show me a Labour policy.

Corbyn said when elected he would use social media to allow the membership to have a say on policy. What happened to that policy?

He is dead meat and should be replaced.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:36 pm

pErvin wrote:
I think there is, at least, a modest link between talent/hard work and achievement. I don't consider this to be especially controversial.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 am

mistermack wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote: Name any hard-left Labour policy.
Lots more power to the Unions.
So you think workers should have fewer rights? You do know that the rights you have now were fought for by union members, rights that made the employment contract just that, a mutual contract, and stopped employees being the chattel of their employers? The unions are fighting a rearguard action to protect the rights workers currently have, so again, do you think workers -- which is like everyone - should have less rights, freedoms and protections?
Borrow lots of money and end "austerity". (also called, loading debt on your kids)
Why the scary quotes? You know that Austerity is just the popular term for the consequences of certain political choices, among them the choice to quickly pay back the money borrowed to bail out the banks on top of the recession which the banking crisis and the slashing of public services which paying that money back quickly made inevitable. At the moment every man, woman and child in Britain is in debt to the tune of c.£7000 to cover the cost of c.£460bn QE, bond issues, and other measures to support the financial sector, and Tory chancellors since 2010 have overseen the national debt rising from c.65% of GDP to c.83% of GDP.
Lots more tax on everyone.
You can have a US- or Monaco-style tax code but you can't have essential services as well. A progressive taxation system to pay for essential services seems the only reasonable alternative to shifting the burden directly to the individual at a higher cost. Do you really want a healthcare system that kicks you out of hospital before your treatment is complete if the costs run up to the limit of your insurance? Having said that, progressive taxation means that those who can afford to pay more pay more than those who can't. The idea that cutting taxes for the wealthy trickles down into the economy has be so soundly debunked that it's almost laughable - though it doesn't stop the wealthy from repeating the mantra does it?
Spend spend spend.
Approached wisely, public sector spending acts as an economic multiplier. Latest figures show total government spending at 45% of GDP. Perhaps if that £7000 each had been spend in the public sector both the national debt and government spending would be more manageable in a more buoyant economy.
Scrap the Nukes.
Why not? Why pay billions over years for a weapon that can never be used in good conscience? Does the UK even have a nuclear capability even at that price, what with both our nuclear subs being in dry dock and the last test firing being a dud?
Shitloads of immigrants.
Ah, you don't like foreigners. But who else is going to wipe your arse or lift you out the bath for £3 ph when public service spending is cut along with taxes, and your pension has been syphoned off into some off-shore corporate slush fund due to deregulation of the markets?
Political correctness gone mad.
But don't you think that your politics is correct? That's what a charge of 'political correctness' stands for these days, "You have the wrong politics and the wrong attitude." It's an easy slur, but essentially meaningless.

I'm sure we could have an interesting discussion on any of these points if you were prepared to abandon sloganising in favour of reasonable discourse. So, still waiting for some 'hard-left' Labour policies rather than The Daily Mail strawman versions you've offered here. Perhaps the Labour party have moved a little to left under Corbyn--frankly, it's quite hard to tell what their position is on many issues atm--but only in the context of them moving back towards the centre from their previous right-leaning Tory lite position under Blair, Brown, and wotzizface.

I'm not a Labour supporter by the way - generally I vote Green, though I have tactically voted LibDem here and there (though I won't be doing that again!).
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:
I think there is, at least, a modest link between talent/hard work and achievement. I don't consider this to be especially controversial.
I've never met a more naive bunch of people than liberals.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 am

Do you mean liberals or Liberals?

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 am

Ideological liberals.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 am

pErvin wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:
I've never met a more naive bunch of people than liberals.
I understand it's traditional to provide evidence that supports your hypotheses. Just a suggestion.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:34 am

There's no point debating people like you and 42. Reality has little effect on your views. Your views are informed by naive ideology. Plenty of evidence has been presented on this forum, ratskep, and rd.net debunking the idea that we live in meritocracies. It has no effect on people like you and 42, as you need the world to conform to your ideology, not the other way around.