This is why we need the death penalty...

Post Reply
User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by mistermack » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

Blind groper wrote:To mistermack

There are two ways you can get away with printing more money without devaluing the currency.

1. You can print just enough to match the growth in GDP, which is what most nations try to do.

2. Uniquely to the USA, a lot more than that is printed (3 times, in fact) by selling the excess to other nations.
Where the hell is your link or quote for this ''fact'' ?

I'm not going to research it as you obviously have a solid source, or you wouldn't post it, would you?

But the link that I posted earlier specifically said that the US was NOT printing money. Even in the headline.
Another persistent view about QE that’s popular even inside the crowd that is properly skeptical of it is the notion that QE amounts to “money printing.” It does not. To be clear, the Federal Reserve has not been printing money. It hasn’t needed to, and that’s where the horrors of the Fed’s machinations become most apparent.
And :
What about the supposed “money printing” by the Fed? There’s once again no such thing occurring. Instead, the Fed is able to engage in its program of quantitative easing thanks to its 25 basis point payments for bank reserves. With the funds borrowed from banks, the Fed has the means to purchase all manner of Treasuries and mortgage bonds.
And Forbes seem to have a reputation in the financial world.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2 ... uch-worse/

So who do I believe? You, or a respected financial journal? That's a tricky one.
So a link to your source would be great.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Blind groper
Posts: 3997
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:10 am
About me: From New Zealand
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Blind groper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Mistermack

Technically the journal is correct, since it is not the Feds printing money. In fact, 'printing' is not the correct word ayway, since most money is generated by computers, and never gets printed.

The extra money being created is being created by the banking sector. Same difference.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Seth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 am

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
Blind groper wrote:Fortunately, Seth, things are changing. Other currencies such as the Euro are coming into play as international trading currencies. I wonder what will happen to the American economy when it is no longer able to suck on other nation's jugulars?
Global thermonuclear war...we don't like losing, and if we don't win, nobody wins.
You've already lost, you just don't know it.
I'm still breathing so I haven't lost just yet.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 9973
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am
About me: Pre-Modernist
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by rainbow » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 am

Seth wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
Blind groper wrote:Fortunately, Seth, things are changing. Other currencies such as the Euro are coming into play as international trading currencies. I wonder what will happen to the American economy when it is no longer able to suck on other nation's jugulars?
Global thermonuclear war...we don't like losing, and if we don't win, nobody wins.
You've already lost, you just don't know it.
I'm still breathing so I haven't lost just yet.
Slaves breathe, but they are still slaves.
aingira usaina duzu

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by mistermack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Blind groper wrote:Mistermack

Technically the journal is correct, since it is not the Feds printing money. In fact, 'printing' is not the correct word ayway, since most money is generated by computers, and never gets printed.

The extra money being created is being created by the banking sector. Same difference.
Still no link or quoted source.
How does a private bank create a dollar? I thought that only the Federal Reserve could do that, either as actual cash, or as securities such as treasury bonds.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Seth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:06 pm

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
Blind groper wrote:Fortunately, Seth, things are changing. Other currencies such as the Euro are coming into play as international trading currencies. I wonder what will happen to the American economy when it is no longer able to suck on other nation's jugulars?
Global thermonuclear war...we don't like losing, and if we don't win, nobody wins.
You've already lost, you just don't know it.
I'm still breathing so I haven't lost just yet.
Slaves breathe, but they are still slaves.
Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 50939
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 pm
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.
Location: Nottingham UK
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Seth wrote:Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
Which should come in handy against a despotic government that has ICBMs. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 31308
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Tero » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm planning to buy some discount robots, when they become available. My robots will be armed slaves of mine. One will accompany me at all times and Seth with his peashooter will be no threat. My robots will also drive for me, and push the car out of the ditch.

Execute my robot if you can!

User avatar
Thumpalumpacus
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 pm
About me: Texan by birth, musician by nature, writer by avocation, freethinker by inclination.
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Thumpalumpacus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm not really sure that selling drugs should be a capital offense. Me, I reckon if you buy and use those drugs, you own a little responsibility for yourself. It ain't like that drug lord is pushing the needle in at gunpoint.
these are things we think we know
these are feelings we might even share
these are thoughts we hide from ourselves
these are secrets we cannot lay bare.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Seth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:06 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
Which should come in handy against a despotic government that has ICBMs. :tea:
"Intercontinental" is the operative word here. It's hard to target one person with such a device.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 50939
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 pm
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.
Location: Nottingham UK
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 am

Seth wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
Which should come in handy against a despotic government that has ICBMs. :tea:
"Intercontinental" is the operative word here. It's hard to target one person with such a device.
True. But they've got fighter jets for such precision work. And tanks. And... let's face it, arming the populace to resist a potentially tyrannical government is a complete fucking myth! "The people" would not stand a chance if the federal gov went all North Korea on your asses! :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 63455
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:27 am

More to the point, no US government is realistically going to attempt such a totalitarian take-over...

Except in the fevered imaginations of certain delusional, paranoid individuals...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Seth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:36 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
Which should come in handy against a despotic government that has ICBMs. :tea:
"Intercontinental" is the operative word here. It's hard to target one person with such a device.
True. But they've got fighter jets for such precision work. And tanks. And... let's face it, arming the populace to resist a potentially tyrannical government is a complete fucking myth! "The people" would not stand a chance if the federal gov went all North Korea on your asses! :tea:
You go right on thinking that and I'll go right on stockpiling weapons and ammunition. I won't be seeing you afterwards because you'll certainly be dead whereas I may only possibly be dead.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 50939
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:23 pm
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.
Location: Nottingham UK
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Seth wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:Slaves don't carry guns. I do.
Which should come in handy against a despotic government that has ICBMs. :tea:
"Intercontinental" is the operative word here. It's hard to target one person with such a device.
True. But they've got fighter jets for such precision work. And tanks. And... let's face it, arming the populace to resist a potentially tyrannical government is a complete fucking myth! "The people" would not stand a chance if the federal gov went all North Korea on your asses! :tea:
You go right on thinking that and I'll go right on stockpiling weapons and ammunition. I won't be seeing you afterwards because you'll certainly be dead whereas I may only possibly be dead.
I don't live in your country. :dunno:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

User avatar
Thumpalumpacus
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 pm
About me: Texan by birth, musician by nature, writer by avocation, freethinker by inclination.
Contact:

Re: This is why we need the death penalty...

Post by Thumpalumpacus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Red Dawn was a movie. It was only a movie.
these are things we think we know
these are feelings we might even share
these are thoughts we hide from ourselves
these are secrets we cannot lay bare.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests