Yessiree that UK socialized medicine is great!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Yessiree that UK socialized medicine is great!

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:04 am

Ban chain saws. Leave them to the Canadians and Finns.

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:42 am

Seth wrote:
rachelbean wrote:As a u.s. citizen and a permanent resident of the UK, I just want to say I love the NHS :cheer:
Of course you do, because somebody else is paying for it.
I pay for it. It comes out of my paycheck every month.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 am

Seth made a mistake. He meant to demonise the poor, but forgot that you are employed in a good paying job. Seth, I get 'free' healthcare here. You can demonise me big fella!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:55 am

Hermit wrote:Also, the article makes it sound like the bloke had his arm half chopped off. It also says it took only ten stitches to close, so I had a look at the one of the photos supplied. Serious? I think not. And why did it take at least several weeks for some hack journo to come up with this bit of "news"?

I wouldn't even waste a doctor's time with something that trivial. Obviously a hawked-up story. One little pseudo- story, meanwhile millions are treated satisfactorily every day. In the US, a doctor would turn away a case like that simply if the person didn't have health insurance. Or that used to be the case. :coffee:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

MrJonno

Post by MrJonno » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:02 am

rachelbean wrote:I pay for it. It comes out of my paycheck every month.

Paycheck you don't go no paycheck!, its wages or salary this is England!!!!
When only criminals carry guns the police know exactly who to shoot!

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 am

At the very least, paycheque.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Ayaan
Queen of the Infidels
About me: AKA: Sciwoman
Location: Married to Gawdzilla and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Post by Ayaan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:13 am

Why is it that if a doctor or medical facility in a country with socialized medicine acts badly it is the fault of the system? Yet, if a doctor or hospital in the US acts badly, it's just an example of a "bad" doctor or some money-grubbing bureaucrat with no compassion?

I'm sure there is some perfectly logical answer, but it is 3:17 am here and I'm on pain meds.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein
“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”-Walt Whitman from Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.~Ripley
The Internet: The Big Book of Everything ~ Gawdzilla Sama

MrJonno

Post by MrJonno » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am

Ayaan wrote:Why is it that if a doctor or medical facility in a country with socialized medicine acts badly it is the fault of the system? Yet, if a doctor or hospital in the US acts badly, it's just an example of a "bad" doctor or some money-grubbing bureaucrat with no compassion?

I'm sure there is some perfectly logical answer, but it is 3:17 am here and I'm on pain meds.

Depends really on whether its a bad decision by a doctor or not a decision a doctor is allowed to make.

It's not always a clear distinction

Ayaan
Queen of the Infidels
About me: AKA: Sciwoman
Location: Married to Gawdzilla and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Post by Ayaan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 am

MrJonno wrote:
Ayaan wrote:Why is it that if a doctor or medical facility in a country with socialized medicine acts badly it is the fault of the system? Yet, if a doctor or hospital in the US acts badly, it's just an example of a "bad" doctor or some money-grubbing bureaucrat with no compassion?

Depends really on whether its a bad decision by a doctor or not a decision a doctor is allowed to make.

It's not always a clear distinction
True. However, I think we can agree that no matter what the system is, there will be issues ranging from minor careless errors to major malpractice. I seriously doubt that many of those issues are due to how the bills get paid.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein
“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”-Walt Whitman from Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.~Ripley
The Internet: The Big Book of Everything ~ Gawdzilla Sama

MrJonno

Post by MrJonno » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:50 am

Doctor's 'screw' up all the time as quite simply medicine is at least partly an art form as well as a science. A tissue sample doesn't go ping when put under a cancer detecting machine, someone has to have a look at the tissue and make an at least partly subjective decision

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:54 am

The govt wants to privatise the NHS. A drip-drip of negative stories is part of the plan.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Ban 62 year old going up ladders with chain saws. Trees can be cut down and replanted.

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 pm

MrJonno wrote:
rachelbean wrote:I pay for it. It comes out of my paycheck every month.

Paycheck you don't go no paycheck!, its wages or salary this is England!!!!

Well, no, this is Wales, but fine...it comes out of my wages :fall:
lordpasternack wrote:Yeah - I fuckin' love oppressin' ma wimmin, like I love chowin' on ma bacon and tuggin' on ma ol' cock… ;)
Pappa wrote:God is a cunt! I wank over pictures of Jesus! I love Darwin so much I'd have sex with his bones!!!!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Same here, I pay for Sécurité Sociale out of my pension
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

MrJonno

Post by MrJonno » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, no, this is Wales, but fine...it comes out of my wages
Fair enough they speak funny there