Neoprog Posner sucks up to Chicoms

Toontown

Neoprog Posner sucks up to Chicoms

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 am

NOTE: "Chicoms" = Chinese communists

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/05/17/wh ... -to-china/

So: American diplomat Michael Posner, on a taxpayer-subsidized trip to Red China supposedly representing the best interests of Americans, proactively brought up the Arizona law “early and often” as an issue of “discrimination or potential discrimination” to smear his own countrymen in front of one of the world’s leading repressive regimes — so repressive, in fact, that Posner’s own boss, Hillary Clinton, once demanded that former President Bush boycott the Chicoms over their miserable human rights record.

Jay Nordlinger is rightly aghast: “Did we, the United States, talking to a government that maintains a gulag, that denies people their basic rights, that in all probability harvests organs, apologize for the newimmigration law in Arizona? Really, really?”

Yes, really.

I'll try to give Posner the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Posner was using some kind of advanced reverse psychology on the Chicoms. Maybe he doesn't really think some of the most lax immigration laws on the planet are really “discrimination or potential discrimination”, or in any way eqivalent to the Chicoms' ghoulish record.

And if that's not what he was doing, he needs to be fired. And maybe he needs to be fired whatever he was trying to do. Obviously his boss Hillary doesn't want him sucking up to the Chicoms. But wait. Actually, that was before, when Bush was president. But this is now. Obviously, this is not the same universe, or the same Hillary as the one who demanded that Bush boycott the ghoulish Chicoms.
Last edited by Toontown on Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twiglet

Re: Neoprog Posner sucks up to Chicoms

Post by Twiglet » Thu May 20, 2010 4:23 am

Doesn't the US these days effectively maintain a gulag in which citizens of any nationality can be detained indefinitely without the right to a trial? Not to mention the patriot act, which enables the US to lock up pretty much anyone they like, for however long, on whatever terms.

The US is in a very poor position to lecture other nations about human rights abuses right now. I don't even know about Arizona laws. What I do know about it quite draconian enough.

Toontown

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 am

Twiglet wrote:Doesn't the US these days effectively maintain a gulag in which citizens of any nationality can be detained indefinitely without the right to a trial? Not to mention the patriot act, which enables the US to lock up pretty much anyone they like, for however long, on whatever terms.

The US is in a very poor position to lecture other nations about human rights abuses right now. I don't even know about Arizona laws. What I do know about it quite draconian enough.
Another subject change? Imagine that. Damn, you people are good at staying on topic. It's amazing how good you are at it. I mean, if the neverending "topic" of neoprog discourse is the evil US of A.

But in reality, it's a subject change every stinking post. Because every thread, no matter what the subject, must, in the neoprog way of things, be brought back to the "real" topic of neverending Amerikka-bashing.

Ever heard of a POW camp? Countries can keep POW's until the end of hostilities. Not to mention the fact that the U.S. has been trying to get rid of them since the Bush administration. Their countries of origin refuse to take them back. Because they're dangerous psychopathic terrorists, you see.

The Arizona law is no different from the federal law, and no more "draconian" than almost all countries' immigration laws. Oddly enough, nearly all countries insist on trying to maintain their sovereign rights.

Anyhow, thanks for your service as poster-boy.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 am

What the hell is a “Chicom”?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 am

Toontown wrote:
Twiglet wrote:Doesn't the US these days effectively maintain a gulag in which citizens of any nationality can be detained indefinitely without the right to a trial? Not to mention the patriot act, which enables the US to lock up pretty much anyone they like, for however long, on whatever terms.

Another subject change? Imagine that. Damn, you people are good at staying on topic. It's amazing how good you are at it. I mean, if the neverending "topic" of neoprog discourse is the evil US of A.

But in reality, it's a subject change every stinking post. Because every thread, no matter what the subject, must, in the neoprog way of things, be brought back to the "real" topic of neverending Amerikka-bashing.

Ever heard of a POW camp? Countries can keep POW's until the end of hostilities. Not to mention the fact that the U.S. has been trying to get rid of them since the Bush administration. Their countries of origin refuse to take them back. Because they're dangerous psychopathic terrorists, you see.

The Arizona law is no different from the federal law, and no more "draconian" than almost all countries' immigration laws. Oddly enough, nearly all countries insist on trying to maintain their sovereign rights.

Anyhow, thanks for your service as poster-boy.
Stating facts about Guantanamo and the Patriot Act isn't "Amerikka bashing", although it is absolutely typical of certain Americans to deliberately conflate remarks about US policy with anti-American sentiment. US law pertaining to detention and trial is not like the majority of nations, and in recent years US attitudes towards human rights have become far closer to those of China. The evidence for that rests in the failure to recognise the International Criminal Court, and the non-compliance with the Geneva convention for PoWs.

Then again, it is easier to throw a tantrum about views which disturb a comfortable set of beliefs centred around "being the good guy", failing to distinguish between your own self image and that of your nation of origin, and refusing to engage with factual information.

China's human rights abuses are highly suspect, and so lately are the US's. Criticising faults in policy is appropriate on all sides of politics and for civillians too.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 am

America and China on any objective scale are on totally different pages in respect of human rights. America respects individual liberty in ways the Chinese cannot even begin to comprehend.

And yet, they are both in the small minority (19 carried out death sentences in 08-09) of countries internationally which still impose the death penalty. Surely abolition of that would be a measure of how much they truly value human life and rights?

Countries with the Most Confirmed Executions in 2008
China (1,718)
United States (37)
Iran (346)
Pakistan (36)
Saudi Arabia (102)
Iraq (34)

Toontown

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 6:07 am

Animavore wrote:What the hell is a “Chicom”?
Chinese communist.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 am

Toontown wrote:
Chinese communist.
I see. Why do Americans use all these silly abbreviations for everything?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Toontown

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 am

Twiglet wrote: Stating facts about Guantanamo and the Patriot Act isn't "Amerikka bashing", although it is absolutely typical of certain Americans to deliberately conflate remarks about US policy with anti-American sentiment. US law pertaining to detention and trial is not like the majority of nations, and in recent years US attitudes towards human rights have become far closer to those of China. The evidence for that rests in the failure to recognise the International Criminal Court, and the non-compliance with the Geneva convention for PoWs.
Still determined to make the thread be about Guantanamo, aren't you. Don't want it to be about Posner's hypocritical and false suck-up statement about the completely reasonable Arizona law, as per the OP.

Well, you can stick it. There is nothing wrong with keeping POW's in a POW camp. If your precious little darling terrorists' countries of origin want them, they can have them. However, as has been pointed out repeatedly, their countries won't take them, because they are psychopathic killers. And in the case of a country like Saudi Arabia, returning their psychopaths would result in the psychopaths receiving very bad treatment.

I'm sure you know all this, but your dogmatic ideology drives you to stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it.
Twiglet wrote: Then again, it is easier to throw a tantrum about views which disturb a comfortable set of beliefs centred around "being the good guy", failing to distinguish between your own self image and that of your nation of origin, and refusing to engage with factual information.

Then again, it's even easier to be a compulsive finger-pointer, as you people demonstrate, day in, day out, week after week, month after month, year after year.
Twiglet wrote: China's human rights abuses are highly suspect, and so lately are the US's. Criticising faults in policy is appropriate on all sides of politics and for civillians too.
But you don't obsessively criticize China's brutish human rights record day in, day out, week after week, month after month, year after year, do you. And you don't try to turn every thread into a China-bashing thread, do you.

BTW, I do not accept your assumed premise that the U.S. has a particularly bad human rights record. That's another trick you people constantly pull. Assume a false premise, then pretend as if the false premise is written in stone.

Toontown

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 6:39 am

Animavore wrote:
Toontown wrote:
Chinese communist.
Why do you Irish keep asking pointless, annoying questions?

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Thu May 20, 2010 6:43 am

To toontown: :pawiz:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 am

Toontown wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Toontown wrote:
Chinese communist.
No need to get your knickers in a twist.
Or should that be abbreviated to “knicks”?
:ask:

Toontown

Post by Toontown » Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 am

Animavore wrote:
Toontown wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Toontown wrote:
Chinese communist.
No need to get your knickers in a twist.
Or should that be abbreviated to “knicks”?
:ask:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 am

Toontown wrote:
Why do you generalise a whole nation based on one person?

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu May 20, 2010 7:05 am

It's a rom-com about a ditzy Feng-Shui practitioner.

"Oh noes, why do you English people keep commenting on the stupid questions that the Irish people ask?"

...Saved you the effort, Toontown.

As the British Empire faded, it sucked up to the Americans, as the American Empire fades, it's sucking up to the Chinese.....
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]