Media Bias

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Media Bias

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm

It's worse than that, surely. 42 just presented a case for CNN being tipped off by the feds that was completely circumstantial. Yet, he thinks it's obvious Trump and co didn't collude with Russia. What's that about?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm

It is the way they fill up threads. Three posts instead of one? Why is that? Do they have to produce so many a hour for their masters.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm
It's worse than that, surely. 42 just presented a case for CNN being tipped off by the feds that was completely circumstantial. Yet, he thinks it's obvious Trump and co didn't collude with Russia. What's that about?
His political views are insane. That's what it's about.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 pm

But 42 knows he's ignoring the evidence against Trump and exaggerating the evidence in situations like this CNN business. Are you saying he's doing it because he believes the end justifies the means? Is that what's going on?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 pm
But 42 knows he's ignoring the evidence against Trump and exaggerating the evidence in situations like this CNN business. Are you saying he's doing it because he believes the end justifies the means? Is that what's going on?
I'll give you a hint.

Saying 'collusion' doesn't describe a crime, but damned near everyone seems to think it is.

Which crime has Trump done, that you have seen evidence for?

I accuse you of colluding with Russia to improve your forum post spelling. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, if I can say it often enough, maybe elicit a clumsy denial or two, others will be convinced you are also a Russian Colluder. Doesn't matter if it isn't a crime - you will be as guilty as Trump.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
It's his bias. He's long displayed a ridiculous bias. I truly believe he can't stop himself.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
I'll give you a hint.

Saying 'collusion' doesn't describe a crime, but damned near everyone seems to think it is.

Which crime has Trump done, that you have seen evidence for?

I accuse you of colluding with Russia to improve your forum post spelling. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, if I can say it often enough, maybe elicit a clumsy denial or two, others will be convinced you are also a Russian Colluder. Doesn't matter if it isn't a crime - you will be as guilty as Trump.
What are you yammering about? I'd be upset over collusion whether a crime could be proven or not. A particularly troubling piece of evidence is Manafort's asking how he can use his relationship with Trump to pay off his debts to a Russian businessman.

Anyway. what's wrong with wanting wise leaders? Now it's fuck wisdom, just so long as they don't do anything overtly criminal. No wonder Dutchy thinks you're a Russian agent.

Get out of here with that bullshit, you and 42 have both set the bar so low today that you ought to be embarrassed to keep talking.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:11 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
It's his bias. He's long displayed a ridiculous bias. I truly believe he can't stop himself.
I guess so, but that's truly remarkable eh? It's easier for me to believe that he sees himself as fighting a war.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 pm
Seabass wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:49 pm

The FBI's job should have nothing to do with politics, and it's not the job of the cops to be garnering publicity for arrests. They aren't the judge, the jury or the executioner. They think they have a case. Prove it. It's not ethical in the least to call up and tip off news outlets so they can be there to record an arrest.
Do you have any evidence that the FBI tipped CNN off?
res ipsa loquitur, my friend.

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." - H.D. Thoreau

The circumstantial evidence is as follows: (a) CNN was the one and only news outlet to be there, (b) they had special access - i.e., not only did they show up at the scene, but they were allowed basically to embed into the raid - they were there at the front door - the FBI doesn't let newspapermen anywhere near raids on suspected criminals; (c) there was no need for such a raid and show of force - this kind of thing is usually done by the defendant surrendering - he has an attorney, and has been waiting for this; (d) no good explanation for how they knew has been offered - the idea that this guy thought to be at Roger Stone's house in the pre-dawn hours of 1/25, because the grand jury met on Thursday, instead of their normal Friday, is absurd. That would not be any indication of "raid" on the guy's house, and certainly not an indication that it would be done in the pre-dawn hours of the next morning. Most people would expect a letter to Stone's attorney, asking that Stone turn himself in.

"The FBI special ops-style predawn raid of Roger Stone for process crimes and the tipoff of CNN is a sad day for America

CNN is literally on the side of the police state left

Perp walks are a feature of witch hunts"

— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) January 25, 2019

"It's possible this tip-off came from FBI rather than Mueller's office, but either way, nobody should be comfortable having law enforcement engineer with media outlets the filming of someone's arrest at their home like a reality TV circus. But it's Roger Stone, so few will care. " "https://t.co/H7VvltkoCE

— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) January 25, 2019
So I guess we can add Jack Posobiec to the list.

For those unfamiliar with Jack Posobiec:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Posobiec
John Michael Posobiec III (/pəˈsoʊbɪk/ pə-SOH-bik; born December 14, 1985)[1] is an American alt-right[2][3][4] internet troll,[5] and conspiracy theorist[6] known primarily for his controversial and pro-Donald Trump comments on Twitter. He has promoted fake news, including the debunked Pizzagate conspiracy theory that high-ranking Democratic Party officials were involved in a child sex ring.[7] He has been retweeted by Donald Trump.
Posobiec was one of the biggest promoters on social media of the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, which falsely claimed that high-ranking officials were involved in a child-sex ring centered at a Washington, D.C. pizzeria.[5] He live-streamed an investigation of the pizzeria and was asked to leave after attempting to broadcast a child's birthday party being held in a back room.[17] Posobiec later said he had always thought the Pizzagate theory was "stupid" and had filmed his visit to debunk it.[5]
In December 2016, Posobiec claimed without evidence that Disney had re-written scenes in the Star Wars movie Rogue One to add "Anti Trump scenes calling him a racist", and called for a boycott of the Star Wars franchise. Disney denied the allegations.[18]
Posobiec falsely said that former FBI director James Comey, at a United States Senate hearing on May 17, 2017, "said under oath that Trump did not ask him to halt any investigation". The claim was later repeated by the conservative media, including in prominent outlets such as InfoWars and Rush Limbaugh.[16]
Posobiec promoted the discredited conspiracy theory that Seth Rich had leaked e-mails from the Democratic National Committee to WikiLeaks.[19]
Posobiec promoted a hoax that CNN had published and then deleted an article defending Bill Maher's use of a racial slur.[20]
In June 2017, shortly after Republican congressman Steve Scalise was shot during a baseball practice, Posobiec falsely tweeted that Loretta Lynch had previously called for "blood in the streets"[21] and that Bernie Sanders had ordered his followers to "take down" Trump.[22]
In December 2017, Posobiec, along with Cernovich, The Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars, promoted a false theory that a passenger train derailment near Dupont, Washington was linked to the Antifa anti-fascism movement.[23]
Posobiec has frequently tweeted about the white genocide conspiracy theory
In September 2016, Posobiec praised Richard Spencer on Twitter as "indispensable". He later sought to distance himself from the white supremacist, deleting his supporting tweets and calling Spencer a "scumbag".[26]
In October 2016, Posobiec posted a tweet that included triple parentheses, an anti-semitic meme.[27]
In August 2017, following a "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia that led to violent clashes between white nationalists and anti-protesters, Posobiec said that the rally had become "massive propaganda" for the left and that the mainstream media was "fanning the flames of this violence." He said that Trump should have disavowed Black Lives Matter. Posobiec later tweeted that he had consistently disavowed white nationalism and violence.[14] He also tweeted that he was "done with trolling" and that it was "time to do the right thing."[5]
He has repeatedly published posts containing the white supremacist code "1488", or the Fourteen Words, and is a supporter of the slogan.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jack_Posobiec
Jack Posobiec is an alt-lite pro-Trump activist/troll, writer, and most importantly, completely insane conspiracy theorist who has press pass at the White House[1].
If Posobiec came to prominence for anything, it would have to be for peddling the bullshit Pizzagate hoax. At the beginning, he said he's never eaten at the pizzeria at the center of the hoax, and never even heard of the place until he read about from other wingnuts. In his initial "investigation", he livestreamed his experience on Periscope. During said livestream, Posobiec decided to start broadcasting a child's birthday party in one of the establishment's back rooms. The managers (understandably) thought this was creepy and inappropriate, and promptly kicked Posobiec and a friend he was with out. He was treated as a hero by the alt-right when the stream went viral. And thus, a hashtag was born.
In December 2016, Posobiec pushed the false story that the producers of Rogue One had edited the movie to add a scene that would have implied that Donald Trump was a racist.[5] This, of course, prompted outrage from members of the alt-right (as well as other right-wingers) and Posobiec got the hashtag "#dumpstarwars" going around… despite the fact the Posobiec had virtually no solid evidence to back up his claims. It's about as ridiculous as it sounds.

Rogue One went on to have the highest Domestic Box Office sales of 2016.[6] The boycott could not have been any more of a failure.
In November 2017, not long after reports of Roy Moore having sexually assaulted teenage girls in the past came to light, Posobiec decided to defend Moore, and in doing so decided to take the classy route and dox one of Moore's accusers by posting her name and workplace on his twitter.[7] [8] He later deleted the post, claiming he did it out of "respect" for the accuser.
might have been good points in there, but since it is seabass, I reject it. It's all about the source, you see.
You're right, Cunt. How closed-minded of me. I should give Joseph Goebbels another chance, too. It was foolish of me to write him off merely for having a difference of opinion. Thank you, Cunt, for showing me the error of my ways.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 pm
We seem to have collectively lost the ability to understand argument.
Speak for yourself. This argument, for instance, is easy to understand. There were 1,643,679 apprehensions in fiscal 2000. Nobody talked of a need for a coast to coast wall, nor that this constituted a crisis necessitating the declaration of a national emergency if the funding for such a wall was not forthcoming. The number of border apprehensions kept dropping during the next 16 years. By fiscal 2017 they had declined to 303,916. That is an 81.5% reduction during that period, but Trump tries to convince everyone that the US has a crisis on its hands. It is easy to understand how this is utter bullshit.

Here is a visual representation of why it is bullshit:

As for the wall itself, if you make it 30 foot high, someone just comes along with a 31 foot ladder and a rope, as at least 110 border crossers demonstrated last week. It wasn't the wall that stopped them. It was the surveillance camera system.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:31 am

That's not why I think it shows media bias. The reason I think it shows media bias, is that it is 90% of what they have been reporting lately, and is it 90% of the budget?

75?

Or is it a dismally small amount, with a strange focus from nearly everyone all out of proportion to it's real value?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 am

They're focussing on the fact that they have a fearmonger for a President who is stocking xenophobia among the gullible right.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:46 am

So wanting a secure border is xenophobic.

Good thing you aren't living on an island country, or you could be accused of doing so for the same xenophobic reasons.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:54 am

I didn't say wanting a secure border is xenophobic. But it can be. And in the case of Trump, it's pretty clear he's trying to appeal to the xenophobic right (probably most of the right).

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:02 am

If you say that it appeals to xenophobes, then you can identify xenophobes by seeing who it appeals to!

Brilliant. Or a trap set for, and capturing yourself.

If he says he is appealing to xenophobes, then I'll agree. Until then, I'll just think you want to see xenophobia.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: