The US Healthcare Mass Debate

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The US Healthcare Mass Debate

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Tero wrote:Plenty of people 55-65 now get a benefit:
The study finds that on average nationwide, a 60-year-old making $25,000 per year would have to pay as much as $16,174 more per year for health insurance. That is a result of the possible elimination of two kinds of ObamaCare subsidies, which help people afford their premiums and out of pocket costs

States would affect that a small amount but nothing like ACA

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/35 ... are-repeal
Bullshit. $16,174 MORE for health insurance? They would have to pay $1,347 MORE PER MONTH for heallh insurance than they do now? What do they pay now? Nothing?

There are still bronze health insurance plans for $1100 in that age bracket. I've called and priced private insurance policies from several different insurance companies. A gold plan can be got for $1500 to $1700 per month. So, what're they buying gold policies for now? $250 per month?

These prices wouldn't even be in the realm of reason if it wasn't for Obamacare jacking up the prices.

Repeal it. Allow competition and increase, don't eliminate, the private insurance market. The price will go down. The Republican approach right now is bullshit too. It's piecemeal and dopey,and won't reduce prices at all. Fuck them. They had 7 years to come up with an alternative, and they're sitting around pulling their puds trying to adopt safe political territory. Fucking repeal the piece of shit. It's a monstrosity.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm

They would have to pay $1,347 MORE PER MONTH for heallh insurance than they do now? What do they pay now? Nothing?
I would guess they pay some hundreds, not 1000 currently.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Expect GOP leaders and White House officials to administer a full-court press this week as the parliamentary carriage carting the health care bill turns into a pumpkin at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Sept. 30.
:funny:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't get it. It seems like you've taken money from the rich to give health insurance to the poor, while increasing the rates of the middle in a country where the middle is anything over 30,000 a year. :lol: -such a sorry ass state of affairs

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:23 pm

It's not looking good for the "No Fucking Insurance For You" bill.

'3 GOP Senators Oppose Graham-Cassidy, Effectively Blocking Health Care Bill'
The latest Republican push to repeal key parts of the Affordable Care Act appears to have met the fate of all previous Senate repeal efforts this year – it doesn't have the votes needed to pass the chamber.

Maine Sen. Susan Collins announced Monday that she'll oppose the bill, authored by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy. Collins' decision means three Republicans have now publicly said they are against the bill – and that's one more than the GOP could afford to lose.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm

The way insurance works:
Put in Obamacare: raise insurance rates. Too many sick patients.
Repeal Obamacare: Raise rates, too few patients, still having to keep a staff for the public (not corporate) option.
Put half the country on Medicare: Raise rates for corporate clients. Too few patients now.
Any other change: raise insurance rates. No particular reason.

I could become a CEO! I know all the tricks.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Tero wrote:
They would have to pay $1,347 MORE PER MONTH for heallh insurance than they do now? What do they pay now? Nothing?
I would guess they pay some hundreds, not 1000 currently.
That's all it cost before Obamacare - even a family policy, for 3 people, purchased on the private market in 2013, before Obamacare kicked in, was around $400 or so, with a lower deductible than available now, and lower copays. In 2009 it was about the same, maybe $50 less. Now, that same policy as a nearly $7000 deductible, higher copays, and costs about $1100 per month - more than double, pushing triple.

Fuck off with Obamashit. It's apologists are fooling themselves.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Tero wrote:Expect GOP leaders and White House officials to administer a full-court press this week as the parliamentary carriage carting the health care bill turns into a pumpkin at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Sept. 30.
:funny:
The GOP "plan" is a load of shit, too. But that doesn't improve Obamacare.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:I don't get it. It seems like you've taken money from the rich to give health insurance to the poor, while increasing the rates of the middle in a country where the middle is anything over 30,000 a year. :lol: -such a sorry ass state of affairs
THE POOR WERE NOT UNINSURED BEFORE OBAMACARE!

I don't know where this myth gets traction that Obamacare afforded the poor with health insurance. It didn't. The poor could get Medicaid. Children always had free coverage available through SCHIP and its predecessory.

In 2009, about 85 to 90% of the fucking population was insured. The "uninsured" were mostly - more than half - young, single, or childless couples, who were making over $50,000 per year. Obamacare did nothing for those people, except make them go out and buy fucking more expensive health insurance that they did not want to buy when it was cheaper. About 1/4 of the "uninsured" were illegal aliens, and haven't been brought into the system by Obamacare anyway.

Obamacare's exchange provisions have only taken applications from about 12 million people, and most of them never get coverage through an Obamacare exchange policy because they don't fucking qualify for fucking subsidies. It's a fairly small number of people - most of which were not "poor" who both applied through the exchanges and got subsidized coverage. The joke is that the premiums shot through the fucking roof so the subsidies help pay the jacked up premiums, but they still pay double what they could have got good insurance policy for prior to Obamacare coming in and helping everyone out.

Christ. Yes, it's a cluster-fuck, but please, don't fall for the joke that Obamacare was ever about "the poor."

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:24 pm

They did raise taxes on the rich. Because the idea was to expand Medicaid and CHIP, and offer subsidies and cheaper plans for low income families.

Apparently a whole lot more people are insured now than in 2009, 9% uninsured vs 16%.

It hasn't helped me. The middle class is shrinking everywhere except where they draw the lines for assistance, then it looks absurdly large. :hehe:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:They did raise taxes on the rich.
They raised taxes on everybody who pays taxes.
Sean Hayden wrote: Because the idea was to expand Medicaid and CHIP, and offer subsidies and cheaper plans for low income families.
Well, they did not offer cheaper plans, that's for sure.
Sean Hayden wrote:
Apparently a whole lot more people are insured now than in 2009, 9% uninsured vs 16%.
Not that many more, and certainly not because of Obamacare. Recall the unemployment rate in 2009. As those folks got jobs, they tended to get covered through employer group plans. Obamacare covered a relatively few people.

If the idea was to cover people who were judged unable to pay for their own health insurance, why not just raise the Medicaid income cutoff, or create a sliding scale of Medicaid --as income increases, so does the amount of a person's contribution toward their Medicaid coverage. Done. Needy people helped, and single douchebags making $70k a year who want to go without insurance can go fuck off.
Sean Hayden wrote:
It hasn't helped me. The middle class is shrinking everywhere except where they draw the lines for assistance, then it looks absurdly large. :hehe:
All it helped me do was pay more for health insurance than I do for my mortgage, property taxes, and homeowners insurance combined.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm

The rich took the biggest hit, we aren't "in this together". Even if I don't agree with where they draw the line regarding assistance and benefits, I'm utterly unsympathetic toward the rich and have no qualms about asking those who are bitching about an increase to demonstrate the real harm done to their lifestyles.

The only information I could find regarding employer health coverage shows continued decline into 2014, do you have something more recent? I keep finding information suggesting that more Americans are covered now as a result of Obamacare. Is it the bias of my Internet? --using duckduckgo :dunno:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 am

Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:I don't get it. It seems like you've taken money from the rich to give health insurance to the poor, while increasing the rates of the middle in a country where the middle is anything over 30,000 a year. :lol: -such a sorry ass state of affairs
THE POOR WERE NOT UNINSURED BEFORE OBAMACARE!

I don't know where this myth gets traction that Obamacare afforded the poor with health insurance. It didn't. The poor could get Medicaid.
Being in poverty wasn't/isn't sufficient enough to get Medicaid.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am

Sean Hayden wrote:The rich took the biggest hit, we aren't "in this together". Even if I don't agree with where they draw the line regarding assistance and benefits, I'm utterly unsympathetic toward the rich and have no qualms about asking those who are bitching about an increase to demonstrate the real harm done to their lifestyles.

The only information I could find regarding employer health coverage shows continued decline into 2014, do you have something more recent? I keep finding information suggesting that more Americans are covered now as a result of Obamacare. Is it the bias of my Internet? --using duckduckgo :dunno:
Have you tried Fox News and Infowars? :dunno:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm

pErv, I forget, what is your connection to the US?