Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Douglass MacKay is a political prisoner.

But since he is on the wrong side of a biased media, they won't complain.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Who is he, what is he accused of, why is it important?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:43 pm
Who is he, what is he accused of, why is it important?
He's not 'accused'. He's jailed for making a meme.

But since he had the wrong politics, his story won't ring with the mainstream/corporate media the way it would if he wore a pussy hat, or had a major drug overdose in public.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:22 pm

What was 'the wrong meme', why was he jailed for it, and what are his politics?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:38 pm

Speaking in right wing talking points doesn't allow for details.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:28 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:22 pm
Let me google that for you.

Swift justice. Only took several years, and days after Biden was sworn it *BAM* they finally got their man!

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/so ... rence-2016
Douglass Mackey, also known as “Ricky Vaughn,” was convicted today by a federal jury in Brooklyn of the charge of Conspiracy Against Rights stemming from his scheme to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote. The verdict followed a one-week trial before United States District Judge Ann M. Donnelly. When sentenced, Mackey faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Breon Peace, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, and Michael J. Driscoll, Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office (FBI), announced the verdict.

“Mackey has been found guilty by a jury of his peers of attempting to deprive individuals from exercising their sacred right to vote for the candidate of their choice in the 2016 Presidential Election,” stated United States Attorney Peace. “Today’s verdict proves that the defendant’s fraudulent actions crossed a line into criminality and flatly rejects his cynical attempt to use the constitutional right of free speech as a shield for his scheme to subvert the ballot box and suppress the vote.”
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:02 am

Worked for Fox News for a dozen years. Hard to feel much sympathy for him but they're on a losing streak when it comes to this sort of lawsuit.

'Ex-Fox News Reporter Claims Network Fired Him for Calling Out Jan. 6 Lies'
Jason Donner, a former reporter for Fox News, is suing the right-wing network for retaliation and discrimination, alleging the conservative cable giant fired him because he opposed Fox’s “false coverage of the January 6th insurrection.”

Donner, who started at the network in 2010 and worked his way up to Capitol Hill reporter and producer, was terminated by the network in the fall of 2022. Since then, he has gone to work for Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) as a senior adviser.

Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Donner’s lawsuit, filed Sept. 27 in D.C. Superior Court, accuses Fox News of violating the D.C. Human Rights Act, including three counts of discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination. Donner claims in the suit that while “he did not share many of the views expressed by Fox News' Opinion page, or the evening hour television commentators, it did not impact his ability to report on Capitol Hill news until the wake of the 2020 election.”
Not being familiar with the D.C. Human Rights Act, I wonder how he's claiming 'wrongful termination.' It would think a propaganda outlet would be able to fire somebody who won't toe their line as long as they followed the niceties like paying out on the remainder of his contract.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:54 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:28 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:22 pm
Let me google that for you.

Swift justice. Only took several years, and days after Biden was sworn it *BAM* they finally got their man!

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/so ... rence-2016
Douglass Mackey, also known as “Ricky Vaughn,” was convicted today by a federal jury in Brooklyn of the charge of Conspiracy Against Rights stemming from his scheme to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote. The verdict followed a one-week trial before United States District Judge Ann M. Donnelly. When sentenced, Mackey faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Breon Peace, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, and Michael J. Driscoll, Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office (FBI), announced the verdict.

“Mackey has been found guilty by a jury of his peers of attempting to deprive individuals from exercising their sacred right to vote for the candidate of their choice in the 2016 Presidential Election,” stated United States Attorney Peace. “Today’s verdict proves that the defendant’s fraudulent actions crossed a line into criminality and flatly rejects his cynical attempt to use the constitutional right of free speech as a shield for his scheme to subvert the ballot box and suppress the vote.”
So as well as you not appearing to know anything about the person who inspired your complaint, it seems that a jury of his peers ultimately decided his guilt and not the media, and that he was convicted for the fraudulent criminality of attempting to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote and not for just making a meme.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:33 am

But the right wing talking point said it was a meme.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:08 pm

Yes, and if a democrat voter did it, it wouldn't be prosecuted.

When he did it, the situation stewed for 4 years. Then old Joe got into office, and he was immediately arrested.

Looks plenty fair to anyone on the Dem side, to jail someone for a joke though.

Did they identify any actual victims? Or are they stuck accusing non-specific dems of having been dumb enough to fall for a joke?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:16 pm

So the government, the justice system, and the general public are all biased against far-right nonsense. Remind me what I'm supposed to be cross about again?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:22 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:16 pm
So the government, the justice system, and the general public are all biased against far-right nonsense. Remind me what I'm supposed to be cross about again?
I don't think YOU are.

But people who value freedom of speech (it's a US thing, you wouldn't be allowed it) or people who value equal application of the law, may find it alarming that a joke which tricked NO people into losing their vote, is prosecuted years after the fact.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:34 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:08 pm
Yes, and if a democrat voter did it, it wouldn't be prosecuted.

When he did it, the situation stewed for 4 years. Then old Joe got into office, and he was immediately arrested.

Looks plenty fair to anyone on the Dem side, to jail someone for a joke though.

Did they identify any actual victims? Or are they stuck accusing non-specific dems of having been dumb enough to fall for a joke?
As a result of the misinformation campaign, prosecutors said, at least 4,900 unique phone numbers texted the number in a futile effort to cast votes for Mrs. Clinton.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/nyre ... itter.html

Mackey was arrested 7 days after Biden was inaugurated. For a senile, confused old man he moves pretty fast. But this also means that the investigation that preceded the arrest was conducted under Trump.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:57 pm

It's no problem to those who don't value freedom of speech. When it comes to speech contrary to their 'favourite', almost no-one does.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm

so tiresome ....get a life :nono:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries