Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 am

Nothing to see here, move along.

'Trump's personal lawyer emailed Putin's spokesman for help on a business deal during the election'
The Russian-born businessman who pushed for the Trump Organization to pursue a massive real-estate deal in Moscow during the 2016 presidential election was spotted at Trump Tower months after the deal fell apart.

The businessman, Felix Sater, told Politico at the time that the purpose of his visit last July was "confidential." But his presence there seven months after the Moscow real-estate deal fell through, and less than three months before Election Day, raises questions about who in President Donald Trump's orbit he was still in touch with — and why.

Emails exchanged between Sater and Cohen — who have known each other since they were teenagers — in November 2015 indicate that they were preparing to celebrate not only Trump's election victory, but also the potential Russia deal. Sater boasted of his ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin in the emails, which were obtained by The New York Times on Monday, telling Cohen that he would "get all of Putins team to buy in" on the Moscow deal.

"Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it," Sater wrote, according to The Times. "I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected."

Two months later, Cohen emailed Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, asking for his "assistance" in pushing the deal through, according to emails submitted to congressional investigators and read to The Post on Monday.

"Over the past few months I have been working with a company based in Russia regarding the development of a Trump Tower - Moscow project in Moscow City," Cohen wrote Peskov, The Post reported. "Without getting into lengthy specifics the communication between our two sides has stalled."

Cohen continued: "As this project is too important, I am hereby requesting your assistance. I respectfully request someone, preferably you, contact me so that I might discuss the specifics as well as arranging meetings with the appropriate individuals. I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon."

The Times' Maggie Haberman said on Twitter that Cohen sent the email to a generic Kremlin email address that was not Peskov's. Cohen told The Post that he never heard back from Peskov and that the deal was scrapped by late January 2016.
Business Insider is being circumspect in their description of Sater as a 'Russian businessman.' Other sources describe him as a 'Russian mobster.'

Trump of course said that though he knew who Sater was, in a sworn deposition in 2013 stated that he wouldn't recognize Sater if they were in the same room. This is the man that said he has 'the world's greatest memory' (though he later claimed that he couldn't recall saying that :lol:).

Trump with Sater (on the right) in 2007.

Another image of Trump with Sater.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 am

I had a lawyer who kept a picture in his office of himself shaking hands with Bill Clinton. I wonder if Bill Clinton had a picture of him in his office?

I want you to nail his ass, I really do, honest.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am

I've got a photo of Art Blakey and myself, but he didn't remember me in his will - the bastard!! :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 am

Sean Hayden wrote:I had a lawyer who kept a picture in his office of himself shaking hands with Bill Clinton. I wonder if Bill Clinton had a picture of him in his office?

I want you to nail his ass, I really do, honest.
Did your lawyer have business cards provided to him by Bill Clinton's organization, identifying him as a senior advisor to Clinton and giving a Clinton organization email address?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 am

I liked him. He struck me as a decent man. I can't imagine he'd try to pass himself off as more important than he is with anything as flimsy as a business card.

But a criminal; please, this business card combined with the email...

:lol:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:I've got a photo of Art Blakey and myself, but he didn't remember me in his will - the bastard!! :lay:
You should sue. If you have any communications where you can be seen talking up your relationship with him they could help establish the authenticity of your claims. But be careful, it could be unwise to work to convince others that you were an influential person in someone's life. Suppose something untoward should come out about that person?

:nono:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:28 am

How good were these sources? Consider what Steele would write in the memos he filed with Simpson: Source A—to use the careful nomenclature of his dossier—was “a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure.” Source B was “a former top level intelligence officer still active in the Kremlin.” And both of these insiders, after “speaking to a trusted compatriot,” would claim that the Kremlin had spent years getting its hooks into Donald Trump.

Source E was “an ethnic Russian” and “close associate of Republican US presidential candidate Donald Trump.”

This individual proved to be a treasure trove of information. “Speaking in confidence to a compatriot,” the talkative Source E “admitted there was a well-developed conspiracy of cooperation between them [the Trump campaign] and the Russian leadership.” Then this: “The Russian regime had been behind the recent leak of embarrassing e-mail messages, emanating from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to the WikiLeaks platform.” And finally: “In return the Trump team had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue and to raise US/NATO defense commitments in the Baltic and Eastern Europe to deflect attention away from Ukraine.”

Then there was Source D, “a close associate of Trump who had organized and managed his recent trips to Moscow,” and Source F, “a female staffer” at the Moscow Ritz-Carlton hotel, who was co-opted into the network by an Orbis “ethnic Russian operative” working hand in hand with the loquacious Trump insider, Source E.

These two sources told quite a lurid story, the now infamous “golden showers” allegation, which, according to the dossier, was corroborated by others in his alphabet list of assets. It was an evening’s entertainment, Steele, the old Russian hand, must have suspected, that had to have been produced by the ever helpful F.S.B. And since it was typical of Moscow Center’s handwriting to have the suite wired up for sound and video (the hotel’s Web site, with unintentional irony, boasts of its “cutting edge technological amenities”), Steele apparently began to suspect that locked in a Kremlin safe was a hell of a video, as well as photographs.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03 ... her-steele
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 am

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 am

All part of erasing and defacing Obama
“If there is anything consistent in what we have learned about President Trump, it seems that his policies are almost exclusively about overturning and eradicating anything related to President Obama’s tenure,” Sipher wrote. “In this sense, he is akin to the ancient Pharaohs, Byzantine and Roman Emperors like Caligula, who sought to obliterate the existence of their predecessors, even destroying and defacing their images. Is it inconceivable that he would get some satisfaction from a private shaming of the former president?”

Steele found four sources who described “unorthodox” and embarrassing behavior by Trump that could be used as blackmail, which Sipher said was consistent with Trump’s personal history.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:15 am

While Russia and other shiny objects distract the libs..........

Adios Amigos!
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:46 am

Yeah, nobody on the left noticed Sessions gleefully announcing the end to the DACA program. If only they'd been paying attention, they could have, eh, stopped it, or something.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 am

Hilarious this morning.

First I read Trump supporters are crying because they are portrayed as a violent, dangerous cult On, American Horror Story: Cult.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/conserv ... lent-cult/

Then I scroll down to read a Trump supporter runs over a bunch of homeless guys.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/trump-l ... k-rampage/

Then I scroll further to see Trump supporters think the media is more dangerous than Nazis.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 25315.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:43 am

Animavore wrote:
Then I scroll down to read a Trump supporter runs over a bunch of homeless guys.
So that's where 42 has been..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:47 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Yeah, nobody on the left noticed Sessions gleefully announcing the end to the DACA program. If only they'd been paying attention, they could have, eh, stopped it, or something.
I will say at least the crimigrants smartened up enough to stop burning American flags during their protests.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:01 am

Animavore wrote:Hilarious this morning.

First I read Trump supporters are crying because they are portrayed as a violent, dangerous cult On, American Horror Story: Cult.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/conserv ... lent-cult/

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/trump-l ... k-rampage/
So, if one guy out of a group he identifies with commits a violent act, then it's accurate to portray the group as violent and dangerous? Given the behavior of antifa and the like, I think we can draw some pretty strong conclusions, then can't we? Oh, wait, I forgot - if a "Trump supporter" does something bad, then it's representative. If activist factions of the left do something bad, then it can't be attributed to the left at all, not even the activist factions who are engaged in the bad acts, since it's "not all of them."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar