Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:56 pm

1:50:00 Crowder starts talking about his out-of-court settlement with facebook, when he met his half-asian lawyer Bill Richmond.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQAg
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:53 pm

In sympathy for Crowder's ordeal, I made a crappy meme to express solidarity.

This is why I'm not in charge of meme's and my avatar was made by Rum. :cheers:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:08 pm

I mostly don't understand memes. Was Crowder suffering? Whitmer? Someone else?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:08 pm
I mostly don't understand memes. Was Crowder suffering? Whitmer? Someone else?
Do you know who that woman is?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:25 pm

No. Looks like Crowder. Is it his sister? Daughter?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am

The malignant imbeciles at Fox News are trying to blame wind turbines for the power problems in Texas. Renewable energy bad!

I don't think it's even about licking the arse of the fossil fuel industry anymore. Rather, the dominant factor here is their business model of proclaiming that all things they associate with Democrats or the left are part of a 'plot to destroy America!!!!'

'How Fox News is exploiting Texas' power outages to fearmonger about clean energy'
Extreme winter storms wreaked havoc across the United States over the weekend, causing widespread power outages in Texas. As many people are wondering why the largest energy-producing state in the country is facing widespread power failures amid below-freezing temperatures, Fox News’ answer is to blame the state’s reliance on wind energy. But while renewable energy sources such as wind are a familiar and convenient scapegoat for Fox -- allowing the network to feed fears about clean energy and the Green New Deal that it has long nurtured -- this narrative is flat wrong.

On the February 15 edition of Fox News' Tucker Carlson Tonight, the host not only suggested that the freezing temperatures that hit Texas bring into question the very existence of global warming, but he also claimed that the state’s inability to keep the lights on was due to its “reckless reliance on windmills,” which he even acknowledged account for only “a quarter of the energy” makeup in Texas (with the majority of power coming from natural gas and coal). To discuss the outages, host Tucker Carlson invited climate denier and frequent Fox guest Marc Morano, who once claimed CO2 is not pollution because we exhale it.

But what really happened in Texas was easily foreseeable by those who follow the state’s energy sector and has been discussed at length by local news outlets and public officials, including Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

The historic, devastating winter storm did freeze wind turbine blades, but as Bloomberg noted, “the region’s grid operator made clear that power plants -- across all resources -- had tripped offline. And in fact, data from the grid operator shows generation from wind farms has actually been exceeding the agency’s forecasts in recent days.” The Washington Post’s Energy 202 blog reported that Carlson and the Wall Street Journal editorial board’s blaming wind energy for the grid’s failure “is misleading,” adding: “While Texas's capacity to generate energy from the wind is down with some turbines seized up, most of the power generation offline during the cold spell was supposed to come from traditional thermal plants, Texas's grid operator said Monday.”

Local Texas energy experts were even more vociferous in their criticism of the state’s grid failure, placing most of the blame on the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). As an energy fellow at the University of Houston told the Houston Chronicle, the grid “limped along on underinvestment and neglect until it finally broke under predictable circumstances.”

Summarizing the problems faced by the power grid in Texas during the winter storm and the way forward in its wake, TechCrunch author Jonathan Shieber wrote:
The current blackouts have nothing to do with renewables and everything to do with cold weather slowing down natural gas production because of freeze-offs and spiking demand for heating at the same time.

As Dr. Emily Grubert, an assistant professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and, by courtesy, of Public Policy at the Georgia Institute of Technology, noted, the problem is more of a total systems issue than one associated with renewable power.

“Let us be absolutely clear: if there are grid failures today, it shows the existing (largely fossil-based) system cannot handle these conditions either,” Grubert wrote on Twitter. “These are scary, climate change-affected conditions that pose extreme challenges to the grid. We are likely to continue to see situations like this where our existing system cannot easily handle them. Any electricity system needs to make massive adaptive improvements.
Fox News doesn't have any worries though. Their supply of militant ignorance and mendacious flatulence appears to be infinitely renewable, and they have a ready market for the output of their array of outraged puddingheads.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:17 am

Puddingheads. :)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:01 am

Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Who's the lady?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am
The malignant imbeciles at Fox News are trying to blame wind turbines for the power problems in Texas. Renewable energy bad!

Fox News doesn't have any worries though. Their supply of militant ignorance and mendacious flatulence appears to be infinitely renewable, and they have a ready market for the output of their array of outraged puddingheads.
Well, if the installation of those wind fans entailed putting offline some more reliable power generation systems, they just might have an inkling of a point...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:01 am
Joe wrote:

Who's the lady?
Monica Lewinsky
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am
Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:01 am
Joe wrote:

Who's the lady?
Monica Lewinsky
Yep, and when she opened a Twitter account, Crowder slut shamed her and said she was playing the victim card, even though he was 11 in 1998.

Pretty ironic these days. :coffee:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm
Yep, and when she opened a Twitter account, Crowder slut shamed her and said she was playing the victim card, even though he was 11 in 1998.

Yes, can't have people joking about public figures...or something.

Maybe it would be best if you took him literally at his word. If you do though, I would suggest looking into his carefully phrased election fraud talking points, rather than what was probably a throwaway joke he put little research into.

I mean, he was only 11 after all...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:11 pm
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm

Yes, can't have people joking about public figures...or something.

Maybe it would be best if you took him literally at his word. If you do though, I would suggest looking into his carefully phrased election fraud talking points, rather than what was probably a throwaway joke he put little research into.

I mean, he was only 11 after all...
He was 26 when posted that on his blog in 2014, and it's not a throwaway, but that's not the irony.

These days, Lewinsky's a victim's advocate and anti-cyberbullying activist, while Crowder's a victim of the same mob mentality she combats.

But it's sweet of you to leap to his defense. :funny:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm

I don't mind taking comedy as comedy.

Did you hear the 'Vox Adpocolypse'? Lots of people get shitty at Crowder for joking about Maza being a 'lispy queer'. Trouble is, others called him that, and it was considered comedy. Only Crowder's version was considered hatespeech.

Who else called him queer? Maza.

Lefty outrage relies on taking jokes as intended literally, and dismissing literal calls to violence as jokes on their own side.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm
I don't mind taking comedy as comedy.

Did you hear the 'Vox Adpocolypse'? Lots of people get shitty at Crowder for joking about Maza being a 'lispy queer'. Trouble is, others called him that, and it was considered comedy. Only Crowder's version was considered hatespeech.

Who else called him queer? Maza.

Lefty outrage relies on taking jokes as intended literally, and dismissing literal calls to violence as jokes on their own side.
I think I heard something about it on Joe Rogan's show, but didn't pay much attention because I didn't know who Crowder or Maza were. Heard it was a terms of service violation that YouTube only enforced because people yelled. Sounds like a self-inflicted wound. :coffee: