Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Joe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:09 pm
He is about to sign a deal that is anathema to those very voices who convinced him not to take the prior deals — Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, etc., — who believe anything less than full funding for the wall would be unacceptable.
Yup.

Ann Coulter Responds to Trump’s Slam: ‘The Only National Emergency is That Our President is an Idiot’
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:17 pm

61B15583-DD9A-4571-89B3-B751BA387C1D.png
Trump has shown that he won’t allow mere constitutional articles—not even the ones that explicitly delineate which powers are granted to which branches of government—to stop him from doing what he has pledged to do. That’s how tough he is.” Members of Trump’s base went on to urge the president to continue standing his ground by ignoring any future rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court that may seek to prevent him from fulfilling his campaign promises.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:48 pm

Another Trump accomplishment! Why bother hiding your cronyism when you can do it out in the open and get away with it!

Trump urges Tennessee Valley Authority to keep open an aging coal-burning power plant
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html
President Trump set up a clash with an independent agency Monday evening with his call for the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep open an aging coal plant that buys much of its coal from a company chaired by Robert E. Murray, one of the president’s major supporters.

The TVA board will meet Thursday to consider whether to close the 49-year-old plant, which operated only intermittently last year because it was no longer needed to supply uninterrupted power known as baseload. The board also is considering shutting down a 52-year-old coal unit at Bull Run near Oak Ridge, Tenn.

In a tweet Monday night, Trump said: “Coal is an important part of our electricity generation mix and @TVAnews should give serious consideration to all factors before voting to close viable power plants, like Paradise #3 in Kentucky!”
Murray, founder of Murray Energy and a leading donor to Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, has been pressing the president to help prop up coal-fired plants since the beginning of the administration. In Energy Secretary Rick Perry’s first month in office, Murray presented a four-page “action plan” to rescue the coal industry. The plan said that commissioners at three independent regulatory agencies “must be replaced,” Environmental Protection Agency staff slashed, and safety and pollution rules “overturn[ed].”

Murray is also a customer at Trump’s hotel in downtown Washington, according to a list of “VIP Arrivals” distributed to Trump hotel staff on June 20, 2018. This list, which was obtained by The Washington Post, showed Murray and a fellow coal executive, Heath Lovell of Alliance Energy, checking in for one-night stays. Under both of their names, the hotel’s staff wrote “High Rate,” signifying they were especially high-paying.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:01 pm

McCabe Says Justice Dept. Officials Had Discussions About Pushing Trump Out
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/us/p ... trump.html
WASHINGTON — Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy F.B.I. director, said in an interview aired on Thursday that top Justice Department officials became so alarmed by President Trump’s decision in May 2017 to fire James B. Comey, the bureau’s director, that they discussed whether to recruit cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office.

The dire concerns about the president’s actions also prompted Mr. McCabe to order the bureau’s team investigating Russia’s election interference to look into whether Mr. Trump had obstructed justice by firing Mr. Comey. The F.B.I. also began examining whether Mr. Trump had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.

Mr. McCabe’s explosive remarks were made in an interview with “60 Minutes” scheduled to air in full on Sunday. He was promoting his memoir, “The Threat: How the F.B.I. Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump,” which will be released next week.

Mr. McCabe said he spoke to Mr. Trump just after Mr. Comey was fired, and the next day he met with the team investigating Russia’s election interference.

“I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion,” Mr. McCabe said. “That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace.”
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 pm

It's refreshing to see corruption like that out in the open, instead of being hidden behind closed doors... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 pm

I think people are better off if someone gets rich in the real world, then goes into politics, rather than someone who goes into politics, and gets rich there.

It's why that Yang guy is interesting to me, and it's probably a shitty basis to 'like' him.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:23 pm

Gets rich? I don't get it. Who? Trump? Silver spoon in mouth.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Democrat friend a little confused. She thought Trump might not run. I explained:

I see him as pursuing his promise to his base. He did not want to be president, so now he is determined to accomplism his mission (= wall) or any part of it in 4 years. There is no more pretense of being president for all.

He will run as rallies are what he enjoys. This time he will insult even more. It will be ugly. Winning is not his goal. Running is.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 pm

E31F8A18-BC97-4C61-9586-412D78B3F76E.jpeg
Not The Onion

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 am

An excerpt from Andrew McCabe's upcoming book...
Every Day Is a New Low in Trump's White House
The president steps over bright ethical and moral lines wherever he encounters them. Everyone in America saw it when he fired my boss. But I saw it firsthand time and time again.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017, my first full day on the job as acting director of the FBI, I sat down with senior staff involved in the Russia case—the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. As the meeting began, my secretary relayed a message that the White House was calling. The president himself was on the line. I had spoken with him the night before, in the Oval Office, when he told me he had fired James Comey.

A call like this was highly unusual. Presidents do not, typically, call FBI directors. There should be no direct contact between the president and the director, except for national-security purposes. The reason is simple. Investigations and prosecutions need to be pursued without a hint of suspicion that someone who wields power has put a thumb on the scale.

The Russia team was in my office. I took the call on an unclassified line. That was another strange thing—the president was calling on a phone that was not secure. The voice on the other end said, It’s Don Trump calling. I said, Hello, Mr. President, how are you? Apart from my surprise that he was calling at all, I was surprised that he referred to himself as “Don.”

The president said, I’m good. You know—boy, it’s incredible, it’s such a great thing, people are really happy about the fact that the director’s gone, and it’s just remarkable what people are saying. Have you seen that? Are you seeing that, too?

He went on: I received hundreds of messages from FBI people—how happy they are that I fired him. There are people saying things on the media, have you seen that? What’s it like there in the building?

This is what it was like: You could go to any floor and you would see small groups gathering in hallways, some people even crying. The overwhelming majority liked and admired Director Comey—his personal style, the integrity of his conduct. Now we were laboring under the same dank, gray shadow that had been creeping over Washington during the few months Donald Trump had been in office.
continued: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... at/582748/

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:16 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am
I noticed you still haven't mentioned what is an acceptable amount of illegal immigration, but it's ok.
I have, but you missed it. Historically speaking, no matter how many undocumented migrants have succeeded in crossing the border over the decades, they all have been acceptable. Now let me ask you: What is an acceptable amount of undocumented immigration in your opinion? And: Is there a point at which undocumented immigration becomes a crisis in your opinion? If so, at what point is the crisis so grave that it justifies declaring a national emergency?
I've noticed you still didn't say, so I'll stop answering your questions.
I have answered your question twice now. For the third time: An acceptable number of undocumented immigrants is any number the US will provide employment for. That number amounts to approximately 10.6 million according to the most recent count I found. I don't know what the upper limit might be, so I can't tell you that.

You can't actually stop answering my questions. To do that, you'd have to start first. I think you're either desperate to find an excuse to evade answering questions, or you're engaging in sheer trolling. Since you have avoided answering my questions before you asked one of me, your current excuse doesn't wash, and I'm sure you are aware of that. So, trolling it is.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:57 am

Hermit wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:16 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am
I noticed you still haven't mentioned what is an acceptable amount of illegal immigration, but it's ok.
I have, but you missed it. Historically speaking, no matter how many undocumented migrants have succeeded in crossing the border over the decades, they all have been acceptable. Now let me ask you: What is an acceptable amount of undocumented immigration in your opinion? And: Is there a point at which undocumented immigration becomes a crisis in your opinion? If so, at what point is the crisis so grave that it justifies declaring a national emergency?
I've noticed you still didn't say, so I'll stop answering your questions.
I have answered your question twice now. For the third time: An acceptable number of undocumented immigrants is any number the US will provide employment for.
You keep resisting reality. Let me help you.

They are illegal immigrants. Illegal immigration is a crime. Hiring illegal immigrants is also illegal, so your answer might have a lot of distracting words in it, but in short, your answer is

Zero.

If you don't mind the illegal employment for 'undocumented', you don't mind an underclass of people who won't have the same lofty expectations of lawful citizens.

It's vile, Hermit. The fact that you willfully ignore it is nearly as vile.
That number amounts to approximately 10.6 million according to the most recent count I found. I don't know what the upper limit might be, so I can't tell you that.
An underclass of workers who can be exploited because of their criminal status.

Sounds classy as fuck.
You can't actually stop answering my questions. To do that, you'd have to start first. I think you're either desperate to find an excuse to evade answering questions, or you're engaging in sheer trolling. Since you have avoided answering my questions before you asked one of me, your current excuse doesn't wash, and I'm sure you are aware of that. So, trolling it is.
If you had the balls to evaluate your position from a more informed perspective, you would try illegally immigrating to a country, finding work through a boss who would hire illegals, and understanding how stupid you were to put yourself into that position.

I'm not saying all the illegal immigrants are that stupid. Some have left worse situations, but if you did it, it would be FUCKING stupid, because it is a terrible position to be in.

And you are good with millions living that way.

Classy as fuck, Hermit.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:47 am

With his big fat yap, Trump handed a legal cosh to those who will be taking him to court over his phony wall emergency. They'll thwack him on the noggin, but he may be right in claiming that when he goes crying to the US Supreme Court, nicely packed for him by Mitch McConnell, he'll get his way regardless.

'Trump says he "didn't need to" declare national emergency but wants to get the border wall "done faster"'
President Donald Trump on Friday declared a national emergency to get funding for a wall along the US-Mexico border and in the process of delivering a lengthy defense of his decision said, "I didn't need to do this."

"I just want to get it done faster, that's all," Trump added.
Sure, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh will agree that 'I just wanna' is a fine reason to declare a national emergency.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:49 am

Why are you making such a big deal about him declaring a national emergency? Is it because it is unprecedented, and beyond the pale?

Or is it because your media spoon-feeders told you to be outraged about it?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: