Will you accept the election results?

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Will you accept the election results?

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:21 am

Svartalf wrote:trump is the kind of guy the electoral college was supposed to protect the nation against, that they have not done this clearly proves the system has been subverted and it's time for it to go.
Please show your work in this respect. Please cite any author of the Constitution who even so much as suggested what you claim.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:43 am

pErvin wrote:I think it's also pretty easy to modify the AR-15 and clones to 'select-fire'.
No, actually it is not. In fact one of the criteria the BATFE uses to authorize the importation, manufacture or sale of any semi-automatic weapon is that it is NOT easy to modify to fire fully-automatically.

In the case of the AR-15, the civilian BATFE-approved semi-automatic counterpart of the M-16 select-fire rifle, the receiver (the registered part), while externally visually identical to the M-16 receiver, has specific internal changes that make it impossible to convert it to select-fire without skilled machining and extensive modification. First, the holes for the cross-pin that holds the automatic sear in place does not exist in the AR receiver. This hole must be PRECISELY drilled in order for the auto sear to operate correctly. Second, where the auto sear would fit the AR has an internal boss cast into the receiver that must be milled away, again quite precisely, before the auto sear will even fit into the receiver cavity. These internal changes meet the BATFE standards that make its sale legal.

Modifying an AR receiver to accept M-16 internals, or even installing certain M-16 internal parts that WILL fit, including the safety selector, hammer, trigger and bolt carrier CONSTITUTES THE ILLEGAL MANUFACTURE OF A MACHINE GUN according to BATFE regulations. In fact, merely possessing an unregistered set of M-16/M-4 internal parts and an unmodified AR receiver has been deemed to be "intent to manufacture a machine gun" and is therefore illegal unless one has a Class III manufacturer's license.

The same criteria apply to imported weapons like the AK-47 civilian-legal variants. All of them have been modified during manufacture to make it very difficult (and highly illegal) to modify into a fully-automatic weapon.

Which is not to say that it's not possible to do so. It is. But it takes a lot of work, more than a little skill in machining and metal work, it modifies the exterior appearance of the firearm so that it's readily identifiable that it's been modified to anyone who is knowledgeable about such things...like police officers and BATFE agents.

It's actually easier, if you have the machining skills and tools, to mill out an illegal fully-automatic compatible receiver from a billet of aluminum than it is to modify an existing one.

There is ONE exception that I know of, and that's called a "drop-in Auto Sear," which was designed and manufactured prior to the machine gun manufacturing ban was put in place in 1986. It requires no modifications to the AR receiver. But such devices are THEMSELVES, without a companion firearm, classified as "machine guns," and every legal one is already on the BATFE NFA registry. Moreover, each of them has been "married" to an individual serialized receiver and may not be moved to another firearm legally.

So, any machine gun modified or created after 1986 by a non-licensed person and not for sale strictly to law enforcement or the military is an illegal weapon, with serious federal prison time for making or possessing it, or even a single part of it.

And now is a good time to point out that since criminals don't care about much less obey the law, they can and do build and modify illegal machine guns all the time, even in the UK and Australia, so all of the regulations and bans on manufacturing or possessing unregistered machine guns do fuck-all to prevent criminals from making and trading in illegal machine guns, just like every other "gun control" regulation on the planet fails to prevent criminals intent on obtaining firearms from doing so illegally.

The only people that such laws prevent from obtaining guns are the very people who might legally need them and are not a threat to society if they have them: the law-abiding citizen.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:45 am

tattuchu wrote:Experts Urge Clinton Campaign to Challenge Election Results in 3 Swing States
By Gabriel Sherman

"Hillary Clinton is being urged by a group of prominent computer scientists and election lawyers to call for a recount in three swing states won by Donald Trump, New York has learned. The group, which includes voting-rights attorney John Bonifaz and J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, believes they’ve found persuasive evidence that results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have been manipulated or hacked. The group is so far not speaking on the record about their findings and is focused on lobbying the Clinton team in private...etc, etc"
Marxists.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:48 am

Seth wrote:
pErvin wrote:I think it's also pretty easy to modify the AR-15 and clones to 'select-fire'.
No, actually it is not. In fact one of the criteria the BATFE uses to authorize the importation, manufacture or sale of any semi-automatic weapon is that it is NOT easy to modify to fire fully-automatically.

In the case of the AR-15, the civilian BATFE-approved semi-automatic counterpart of the M-16 select-fire rifle, the receiver (the registered part), while externally visually identical to the M-16 receiver, has specific internal changes that make it impossible to convert it to select-fire without skilled machining and extensive modification. First, the holes for the cross-pin that holds the automatic sear in place does not exist in the AR receiver. This hole must be PRECISELY drilled in order for the auto sear to operate correctly. Second, where the auto sear would fit the AR has an internal boss cast into the receiver that must be milled away, again quite precisely, before the auto sear will even fit into the receiver cavity. These internal changes meet the BATFE standards that make its sale legal.

Modifying an AR receiver to accept M-16 internals, or even installing certain M-16 internal parts that WILL fit, including the safety selector, hammer, trigger and bolt carrier CONSTITUTES THE ILLEGAL MANUFACTURE OF A MACHINE GUN according to BATFE regulations. In fact, merely possessing an unregistered set of M-16/M-4 internal parts and an unmodified AR receiver has been deemed to be "intent to manufacture a machine gun" and is therefore illegal unless one has a Class III manufacturer's license.

The same criteria apply to imported weapons like the AK-47 civilian-legal variants. All of them have been modified during manufacture to make it very difficult (and highly illegal) to modify into a fully-automatic weapon.

Which is not to say that it's not possible to do so. It is. But it takes a lot of work, more than a little skill in machining and metal work, it modifies the exterior appearance of the firearm so that it's readily identifiable that it's been modified to anyone who is knowledgeable about such things...like police officers and BATFE agents.
I knew that. I was just testing you. You passed.. :coffee:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:51 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Tell me how to distinguish the semiautos to be banned from the ones not to be banned, and I'll likely be on board.
Easy.

Military-use semi-automatic weapons: Not banned.
Civilian-use semi-automatic weapons: banned.

You can drop the 'semi-automatic' part there as well.
Ah, so that comes out to "ban all weapons not used by the military."

Fuck off.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:54 am

pErvin wrote:
Seth wrote:

I knew that. I was just testing you. You passed.. :coffee:
I knew you knew that because I've told you this in excruciating detail a dozen times at the very least in the last umpteen years of our acquaintance. Just so you know, I wasn't speaking to you, you are just the convenient excuse to expound on the matter for those who might be visiting this site and might have an interest in hearing the truth rather than the lies you so commonly and routinely purvey.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:13 am

Forty Two wrote:So, your thesis was that the rifles that look more like the military style weapons are more optimized for killing humans because they are lighter and fire lower caliber rounds. However, that thesis is countered by the two examples I gave you of traditional looking hunting rifles, the Ruger .44 and the Remington 750, both of which are lighter than the AR-15, which you say is "optimized." Also, the .223 caliber is a common sporting rifle, often used for hunting and is the same size as the 5.56. Often, guns that can fire the .223 can also fire the 5.56. And, they are typical hunting guns, and that caliber is seen in both semiauto and in bolt action rifles.

The last bit you mentioned was clip size. Now, I have no problem with limiting the size of available clips. That bit makes sense to me, but it is not something inherent in the gun. The reason it makes sense is that for the purposes of hunting, you really aren't looking to fill the animal full of bullets. For the purposes of target shooting, reloading is not really a big deal after a few rounds. And, for the purposes of home defense, while being able to fire without reloading often may be helpful in a situation where someone is defending themselves, I think a rational case can be made to limit the size of the magazines so that when there are situations where someone is using a rifle in a shooting they at least have to pause here and there.
Really? How disappointing to see that you've drunk the Kool-Aid.

Do you know how long a "pause" is required to change a magazine in an AR-15? One second or less if you know what you're doing.

Do you know how many criminal crazed killers are going to be dissuaded from obtaining high-capacity magazines by high-capacity magazine bans?

Zero.

Do you know how many criminal crazed killers need more than ten rounds to do most of their killing? Very few. Do you really think that one second, or even three seconds between mag changes is going to change the ability of the killer to continue killing?

California tried to increase the amount of time it takes to change mags by imposing the "bullet-button law" that requires AR's sold in California to have a modified magazine release that requires (allegedly) the point of a bullet to release the mag. Do you know how long it took for people to get around that silly idea? About a week. The first expedient I heard of was a finger ring with a pointed boss on it that one wore on one's right hand that would depress the bullet button. Do you know how much that delayed a mag change from the standard mag release? Not more than a fraction of a second.

Lately I've seen a system that is "California legal" that simply pulls the rear take-down pin, thus rotating the upper receiver away from the lower receiver by "disassembling" the gun that also drops the empty mag automatically. Slam the receiver closed and the take-down pin reengages, put in the fresh mag and you're back in business. Total time: less than three seconds.

Slowed down the mag changed by two seconds...whoopee!

Now they are proposing to ban any rife with a removable magazine. Have the douche-bags ever heard of the M-1 Garand? The M-1 Garand does not have a replaceable magazine or an open-bottom magazine well like the AR-15, but it does use an "en block" clip that holds eight rounds. The clip is loaded from the top when the bolt carrier is locked back once a clip is empty. Shove the clip down into the receiver, yank the operating rod and you're back in business. Killed a lot of Germans just fine in WWII despite being semi-automatic.

You see, ANY semi-automatic (ie: self-reloading) rifle can be operated very quickly, no matter how many stupid political constraints are put on it. Then again so can any quality bolt-action rifle, as all of the dead soldiers of WWI can attest to. It's all in the expertise of the shooter and his intent to kill. The Texas Tower shooter did just fine in that regard, as did the Texans who used their bolt-action deer rifles to make him keep his head down long enough for police (and a civilian) to climb the tower and kill him.

The best defense against a criminal with a gun is a non-criminal with a gun...or preferable several non-criminals with guns, because just one round well-timed and well-placed from the handgun of an armed citizen renders even an 800 round per minute machine gun perfectly harmless.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:13 am

I've revoked your pass mark now..

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:25 am

As I see Nazis in Washington, throwing salutes are shouting, 'Heil Trump', helped by Trump's appointment of a Nazi scumbag to his ranks (making Trump himself a Nazi). As I witness Trump make moves to dismantle hard won environmental efforts and attempt to censor and bury years of climate research, I've come now to the conclusion that no, we should not accept the results, not when the results of those results are unacceptable.

I hope the good Americans who didn't vote for this piece of trash bury him. I hope they end DAPL. Support the ACLU. Protest him every day. Boo him at every public appearance. Take the piss out of him on every comedy show. Boycott his products. And generally ruin him. He does not deserve the title I will never refer him to. It was insane to vote him, and immoral to support him now.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:32 am

This is what I'm talking about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/opini ... .html?_r=0

And until any of you supporters realise what you've done and take personal responsibility, fuck you too.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:33 am

He just can't help himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... story.html

To reiterate - a fucking scumbag.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Animavore wrote:This is what I'm talking about.

And until any of you supporters realise what you've done and take personal responsibility, fuck you too.
Meh. Sour grapes.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Animavore wrote:He just can't help himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... story.html

To reiterate - a fucking scumbag.
Meh. Lies and more lies by leftist reporters who are as mentally unhinged over Trump's victory as anyone can be.

The good news is that nobody give a flying fuck what you think or say from your little island. Rant and rave all you like, there's not a damned thing you can do about it so drive yourself mad with impotent fury if that's what pleases you. We don't mind.

The health authorities over there might be a bit concerned though and it's probably a good thing you aren't allowed to own a gun.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:13 pm

That's a pretty escoriating critique from the mild-mannered Mr Blow there. Hey Charlie, chill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_thfiAkwXxU
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:

That's a pretty escorting critique from the mild-mannered Mr Blow there. Hey Charlie, chill...
Wanna put that in blue Mr. Moderator?