Media Bias

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:08 am

You have got to be shitting me. :fp2:

Tucker Carlson Is Mad At Elmo For Caring About Racism

How did Fox News manage to replace Bill O'Reilly with someone even worse?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:14 am

Evil Marxist Elmo! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:20 am

Who's hand is operating Tucker's mouth?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:08 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:20 am
Who's hand is operating Tucker's mouth?
I don't know whose, but it must be the left one, the one that scrapes off the crap when he sits on the porcelain throwne
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Black Lives Matter has been accused of being a kind of 'shell company', raising funds for the Dems.

The money from BLM goes to 'Act Blue', which donates to...well, you can check which party.

That, and the fact that interest in BLM spikes right around election time, would look kind of suspicious, to a non-biased media.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... s%20matter
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:52 pm

Nothing like promoting disinformation from InfoWars to brighten up a day.

'Money Laundering: Global Donations to blacklivesmatter.com Funneled to DNC'

Nowhere in that article (nor in any of the regurgitation of its claims by other right wing disinformation sites) is there actually support for the accusation. The Black Lives Matter website uses software provided by ActBlue Charities. The InfoWars propagandist conflates the site using ActBlue Charities to handle its donations with Black Lives Matter giving money to the Democratic Party, but there is no evidence of this. ActBlue takes 'a 3.95% processing fee on all transactions'.

While it's possible that ActBlue is using money it has taken in as 'processing fees' to contribute to the Democratic Party or Democratic candidates, that's a far cry from Black Lives Matter 'raising funds for the Dems' through some nefarious bait and switch.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:59 pm

And besides, what's wrong with donating to a party that might benefit your cause if elected? Corporations do it all the time.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:52 pm
Nothing like promoting disinformation from InfoWars to brighten up a day.

'Money Laundering: Global Donations to blacklivesmatter.com Funneled to DNC'

Nowhere in that article (nor in any of the regurgitation of its claims by other right wing disinformation sites) is there actually support for the accusation. The Black Lives Matter website uses software provided by ActBlue Charities. The InfoWars propagandist conflates the site using ActBlue Charities to handle its donations with Black Lives Matter giving money to the Democratic Party, but there is no evidence of this. ActBlue takes 'a 3.95% processing fee on all transactions'.

While it's possible that ActBlue is using money it has taken in as 'processing fees' to contribute to the Democratic Party or Democratic candidates, that's a far cry from Black Lives Matter 'raising funds for the Dems' through some nefarious bait and switch.
Plus, the spikes in the search graph Cunt shared don't actually coincide with the elections. Elections happen in early November, but the spikes, one going on now and the other in July, 2016, coincide much more closely with the George Floyd killing and protests and the killing of 5 Dallas police officers by a black sniper that followed the shooting deaths of Alton Sterling And Philando Castile by police officers and resulting protests.

I guess there is some bias at work to be that gullible, when the graph is interactive and you can see the days the searches were made by mousing over the spikes. In fact it is simple to put the BLM searches in perspective with a simple comparison to searches that were obviously driven by the 2016 election.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:59 pm
And besides, what's wrong with donating to a party that might benefit your cause if elected? Corporations do it all the time.
It would be against US campaign finance laws for any political campaign to accept donations from non-US sources. The claim made by InfoWars is that Black Lives Matter is circumventing the law. The claim is based on the fact that the Black Lives Matter website uses ActBlue software and technical support to handle donations (ActBlue Charities).

ActBlue is a political action committee, and would be closed down if they were actually accepting money from international sources and using it in US politics. The InfoWars reporter is conflating ActBlue with ActBlue Charities, and gullible InfoWars readers (as well as the rest of the right-wing conspiracy theory bubble that has parroted the InfoWars allegations) won't bother to understand the difference.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 pm
Plus, the spikes in the search graph Cunt shared don't actually coincide with the elections. ...
Yes, another rotten squirrel. Thank you for taking the time to dissect the actual corpse. :biggrin:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm

The Fox News 'antifa expert' is a busy woman.

'Lara Logan, the Fox "Investigative Journalist" Who Keeps Falling for Antifa Hoaxes'
The key “investigative journalist” lending credibility to Fox News’ incessant coverage of an alleged “antifa” insurgency has frequently promoted obvious hoaxes about her supposed area of expertise.

Lara Logan, an award-winning former CBS News correspondent who joined Fox News as a host on their online-streaming service Fox Nation last year and has been billed an “investigative journalist” by herself and in promos, has become a fixture of the network’s coverage of the loosely organized anti-fascist movement.

President Donald Trump and his allies have repeatedly claimed antifa is a shadowy group behind nationwide protests and the violence that occurred during some of them—even though the FBI found “no intelligence indicating antifa involvement” in the May 31 protests in Washington, D.C., and antifa is literally never mentioned in the DOJ’s first round of prosecutions. Nevertheless, Logan has been utilized by Fox to lend journalistic cachet to such allegations.

But a review of Logan’s reporting—both online and on Fox News—shows a clear pattern of repeatedly falling for obvious hoaxes and passing along eye-popping but completely unsubstantiated claims.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:08 am
You have got to be shitting me. :fp2:

Tucker Carlson Is Mad At Elmo For Caring About Racism

How did Fox News manage to replace Bill O'Reilly with someone even worse?
Note that he's supposedly talking to 'America.' You, America, are no longer allowed to stand up for yourself, because you are accused of racism against black people. Inherent in Carlson's take is that 'America' is congruent with white Americans, and only white Americans.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:22 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:00 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:59 pm
It would be against US campaign finance laws for any political campaign to accept donations from non-US sources. The claim made by InfoWars is that Black Lives Matter is circumventing the law. The claim is based on the fact that the Black Lives Matter website uses ActBlue software and technical support to handle donations (ActBlue Charities).
Is the infowars writer Candace Owens?
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status ... 6315193346
According to its website Black Lives Matter, Inc is NOT a charity. It is a full-fledged corporation that does NOT have any locations. Can anyone tell me then where the hundreds of millions BLM has raised goes? Can anyone tell me in what state BLM was incorporated & by who?
And does the source matter when it comes to questions like this? Or the answers?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 pm

dup
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping