Bands I want to see

M
Arm wrestling champion

Bands I want to see

Post by M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Some bands I really like, I'm not keen on seeing live as they sre now 'stadium bands'. I'd really like to see this band but I'm not sure they go south of the border, so I might have to go and crash at Paco's for a night. :tup:

Bloody Greta Garbo

Psi Wavefunction
Cекси техническая лаборатория
About me: I kill threads WITH SCIENCE!

I like Crascuits. :coffee:

Re: Bands I want to see

Post by Psi Wavefunction » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:44 pm

OH FUCK, as soon as I saw 'bands', I thought DNA bands on gels... and even had the mental picture of a blank gel on a UV gel dock. Is that bad? :doh: :oops: :shifty:

Did any of my fellow labrats here think the same thing? Am I the only one going insane!?

Anyway, since I'm genotyping tDNA insertion lines, I'd like to see bands of about 600bp - 1.2Kb. :levi:

Psi Wavefunction

Post by Psi Wavefunction » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm

For those who don't know, THESE bands:

Except they actually don't look so crisp and clean and nice in reality 99% of the time... :lay:

PS: Why the fuck is the gel upside down? And where the fuck is the ladder? This was obviously done for sexy photography, not science! :lol:

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 pm

One post in and attempt to kill my thread already. Fuck.
Bloody Greta Garbo

Fanny
Benny Lava Lava

Post by Fanny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Rubber :naughty:

Sexy,

Sassy,

:drool:
Fanny - obnoxious bastard extraodinaire

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 pm

I think this is the first derail I've ever seen where the derail is not about boobs or fart jokes, I think you deserve some kind of prize.

MCJ, they do a lot of gigs outside of Glasgow, they went to Germany recently, so you might catch them down south at some point. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

If you ever want to come up here and visit me feel free too, I'm going to start looking into which weekends I have off over summer if you're still ok with me coming down for a few days.

As for bands I want to see,

I'd give my left nut to have been at that gig :cry:
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

Psi Wavefunction

Post by Psi Wavefunction » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh shit, this isn't the pub...

erm, well... bands... yeah, there's music and stuff out there in real life, eh. This is a very good question, since as much as I like certain bands and their products, would not want to be destroying my eardrums in a live concert. Also, huge crowds scare me... :shifty:

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Psi Wavefunction wrote:Oh shit, this isn't the pub...

erm, well... bands... yeah, there's music and stuff out there in real life, eh. This is a very good question, since as much as I like certain bands and their products, would not want to be destroying my eardrums in a live concert. Also, huge crowds scare me... :shifty:
You remind me of one of my ex girlfriends PSI, I've thought it before but that crowd comment made me think of her again. You don't seem shy on here :dono:

Name one band you'd like to see!

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:01 pm

I've never seen the Foos, but I don't really want to go to Hyde Park or somewhere that I'll be about half a bloody mile from the stage. I'll keep doing the lottery and book 'em for some small venue with good acoustics, just for me and my pals. Happy dreams... sigh. Image
Bloody Greta Garbo

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 pm

I've seen them twice, first time was in December 2000 at the Glasgow Barrowlands, one of the best gigs I've been to. Dave and Taylor did a drum duet at one point.

Second time was when they brought out One by One but by that point I'd kind of lost interest in them. Colour and the shape is still their best album in my opinion.

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Paco wrote:I've seen them twice, first time was in December 2000 at the Glasgow Barrowlands, one of the best gigs I've been to. Dave and Taylor did a drum duet at one point.
Oh my holy fuck I am sooooooooooo jealous.
Bloody Greta Garbo

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 pm

I actually had the hoodie from the gig down in Cardiff but never wore it, it looks a bit old and faded now (though it has been over 8 years since I bought it)

M
Arm wrestling champion

Post by M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Paco wrote:I actually had the hoodie from the gig down in Cardiff but never wore it, it looks a bit old and faded now (though it has been over 8 years since I bought it)
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bloody Greta Garbo

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Just realised it's friday, Fortunate sons are playing Butterfly and pig, Do I go see them perform live again? :twisted:

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Post by Kristie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Paco, I would also love to see Metallica. I've always wanted to see Aerosmith also, but I've heard from several people that they're concerts are shit.
We danced.