Oh, lord, I feel like I'm dyin'...

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Oh, lord, I feel like I'm dyin'...

Post by FBM » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Just a brief ABB appreciation moment...

OK. Done with that. Carry on. Nothing to see here. Move along...
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: Oh, lord, I feel like I'm dyin'...

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Nice but I prefer Zappa's version personally.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

I've never heard the original before, so thanks for that. :cheers:

Can't say I prefer either version over the other. :eddy:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I've never heard any other version than the ABB one (Live at Filmore East, I think). I'll have to track down the Zappa version and see what he did with it.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by maiforpeace » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 pm

FBM wrote:Just a brief ABB appreciation moment...

OMG - talk about a walk down memory lane! I was a huge Allman Brother's fan. I was in love with Duane. :oops:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:32 pm

maiforpeace wrote:
FBM wrote:Just a brief ABB appreciation moment...

OMG - talk about a walk down memory lane! I was a huge Allman Brother's fan. I was in love with Duane. :oops:

:biggrin:

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:27 pm

FBM wrote:I've never heard any other version than the ABB one (Live at Filmore East, I think). I'll have to track down the Zappa version and see what he did with it.

And a (poor quality) reggie version...... :biggrin:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Gracioso. I checked out the live version several days ago, but the reggae twist was new to me. Cool, but...the ABB version is etched too deeply in my mind. "Like I been TIED..." :levi:

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm

They're good, had their album for about 2 years and this is one of the better tracks. just how much do we have in common FBM? Come to the UK already :lay:
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 am

Paco wrote:They're good, had their album for about 2 years and this is one of the better tracks. just how much do we have in common FBM? Come to the UK already :lay:
Well, we've both tried Chinese paint thinner. How did it go over at the meet? :hehe:

Oh, and btw, come to Korea!!! :lay:

(OK, I'm the one with 4~5 months of paid vacation, so I think the onus is on me... :eddy: )

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Check the Manchester thread for reactions to your death juice, I thought it actually tasted OK.
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.