The Blues Brothers

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

The Blues Brothers

Post by The Curious Squid » Wed May 20, 2009 5:47 pm

A weird band for me since I love the music, the film is one of my favourites and I'd give my left nut to have seen them live but all the religious influence doesn't sit well with me for obvious reasons.

Here's a great little song that a lot of you might not have heard.

We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: The Blues Brothers

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Wed May 20, 2009 5:57 pm

The religious stuff was as tongue-in-cheek as it comes, surely? I mean the infamous "Jesus" "Shit" sketch for a start!
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Jadestone
About me: Currently a Giant Space Squid

Post by Jadestone » Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Part of the movie The Blues Brothers was filmed in my town. We also played several songs for a marching band filed trip to Northern Illinois University about two years ago. I think I still have the music somewhere...
All around me darkness gathers, fading is the sun that shone; We must speak of other matters: You can be me when I'm gone...

ebeth

Post by ebeth » Wed May 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Love the blues brothers. :D I just watched the movie again recently. And i agree, a lot of the religious stuff was pretty satirical. The scene with the nun is one of my favorites in the whole movie :hehe:

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Wed May 20, 2009 9:40 pm

ebeth wrote:Love the blues brothers. :D I just watched the movie again recently. And i agree, a lot of the religious stuff was pretty satirical. The scene with the nun is one of my favorites in the whole movie :hehe:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hlm6 ... enguin_fun
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob: