Stalins murdered millions

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Stalins murdered millions

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:40 am

Seth wrote:...mind their manners, or get blown right back to hell. When and if they decide to act like civilized persons...
Damnit, busted my irony meter again...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:43 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Seth wrote:...mind their manners, or get blown right back to hell. When and if they decide to act like civilized persons...
Damnit, busted my irony meter again...
Evidently you think there is moral equivalency between despotic murderous barbarians who saw people's heads off with knives and throw gay people from rooftops and the righteous application of military force to destroy such animals and make sure they cannot victimize anyone ever again.

How sad. How intellectually and morally bankrupt.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:55 am

I didn't say there is a moral equivalency. I'm saying that you fail to see how it isn't in fact civilised to blow up citizens and destroy all their essentially infrastructure. You were born at least 300 years too late, Seth. I don't think you know what civilised is.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:16 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:I didn't say there is a moral equivalency. I'm saying that you fail to see how it isn't in fact civilised to blow up citizens and destroy all their essentially infrastructure. You were born at least 300 years too late, Seth. I don't think you know what civilised is.
Why isn't it if they are warlike barbarians who seek to enslave others and kill them without mercy or conscience?

It's uncivilized to allow such barbarism to exist, much less endure.

Which mean that yes, you are drawing a moral equivalency between civilized nations and barbarians where there is no such equivalency. When a society engages in barbaric actions against others they place themselves outside the pale of civilized community and therefore outside of the protections of civilized community. This makes them outlaws who have no protection at all from being prevented from barbarism using any means necessary, in the interests of the survival of civilization.

You don't pet a rabid dog and send him to an adoptive family because it's "not the dog's fault he's rabid," you kill the dog.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:28 am

You are tarring all of, say, Syrian's citizens with the barbarity of a few. As I said, collective punishment and targeting civilians isn't civilised. It's barbaric. You belong in the past with the likes of ISIS and the Taliban.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Seth wrote:
You don't pet a rabid dog and send him to an adoptive family because it's "not the dog's fault he's rabid," you kill the dog.
Not original. I think this was originally from the Islamic writings:
"The Hadith gives us an idea why the prophet commanded to kill dogs. There must have been an excess of stray dogs and thus the danger of rabies in the city of Medina and its suburbs. The prophet therefore ordered to kill them. Later on when it was found that his Companions were killing them indiscriminately, he forbade them to do so and told them that only the ferocious beasts which were a source of danger to life should be killed.

...so now we know where you stand.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Seth is a radical Imam. I knew it all along.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:26 pm

There's not a lot of difference between the execptionalism and old testament conservatism of the neocons and Islamic extremists.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:05 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:You are tarring all of, say, Syrian's citizens with the barbarity of a few.
Just the Muslim ones.
As I said, collective punishment and targeting civilians isn't civilised. It's barbaric.
Neither is sawing people's heads off with knives and throwing them off tall buildings for being gay. As for "targeting civilians," all Muslims are commanded to participate in Jihad and are defined by the Koran as "holy warriors of Allah" and therefore they aren't civilians, are they?

As for "collective punishment," if you're a member of a barbaric and dangerous collective, why shouldn't you be punished along with everyone else in your collective?

If you lie down with pigs, you get covered with pig shit and you get treated like a pig. If you don't like that, renounce Islam and repudiate jihad and we'll consider absolving you of your collective guilt.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:01 am

Yes, you represent the pinnacle of civilisation. :fp:

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 am

Seth must be right because that is how it is playing out in the field. Whilst moral arguments and myths around the idea of moral progress abound the reality is exactly what it is. And it is on the reality this era will be judged by future historians as they in turn make their mistakes for that is the nature of men. A short memory like a goldfish, baseless optimism about the future and then a swift death if they are lucky for themselves. I'm sure if the web had been around 300 years ago many half witted country wise-men would be declaring progress and imitating William Blake on engraved forums, whilst reality in 3d plagued and war-fared and so on all around....Seth might be wrong on some things, but he is the realist here.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:47 am

Still babbling nonsense, I see, Scump. :hehe:

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:58 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Still babbling nonsense, I see, Scump. :hehe:
I was born a hundred years before my time. I'm not expecting appreciation. Only a time machine. :read:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Post by Blind groper » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:08 am

On Jihad

I was talking recently with a Muslim friend, and asked him about Jihad. He told me that most Muslims now believe that Jihad is the fight against evil. He and other NZ Muslims believe that eliminating evil in their own behaviour is part of Jihad, and fighting against ISIS is Jihad, since they are evil.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:33 am

Yeah, a lot of these terms are misunderstood by rednecks and bogans. Same with Sharia Law. It doesn't necessarily mean Taliban/ISIS type law. It is Islamic law, but it doesn't have to be as regressive as most people think. Not that I support religious law of any type.