NRA

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: NRA

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Cunt wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:That is a fully automatic capable AR-15. Not just 'anybody' can get one. At about 9:14 or so, he thanks an organization that loaned him an 'M16 lower.' That is the part that has a select fire switch and machining which allows fully automatic fire. These parts are available but they're very expensive and highly regulated. In the US, to own a gun with one requires extensive paperwork from the US government (see the National Firearms Act).
That seems pretty 'last decade' info.
I think one can print their own now, without the serial number. I remember seeing a home-gamer-journalist did it for a story. It took some handholding, but with money and a bit of study, he was able to print one with his own machine.
Yes, I expect that it is possible to print one. On the other hand, a metal printing setup that might be capable of making a proper unit would come to about $120,000 at minimum. Not to mention that (in the US at least) you're setting yourself up for a federal felony charge unless you get the proper paperwork.
Possible?

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an ... ghost-gun/
All I needed for my entirely legal DIY gunsmithing project was about six hours, a 12-year-old’s understanding of computer software, an $80 chunk of aluminum, and a nearly featureless black 1-cubic-foot desktop milling machine called the Ghost Gunner.

The Ghost Gunner is a $1,500 computer-numerical-controlled (CNC) mill sold by Defense Distributed, the gun access advocacy group that gained notoriety in 2012 and 2013 when it began
I don't know much about guns, but this looks cheaper than what you said, and is a few years old.

This doesn't scare me as much as the auto-aim rigs which can make even single shot guns more dangerous. (or crossbows, or slings...catapult...)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:30 am

Cunt wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Cunt wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:That is a fully automatic capable AR-15. Not just 'anybody' can get one. At about 9:14 or so, he thanks an organization that loaned him an 'M16 lower.' That is the part that has a select fire switch and machining which allows fully automatic fire. These parts are available but they're very expensive and highly regulated. In the US, to own a gun with one requires extensive paperwork from the US government (see the National Firearms Act).
That seems pretty 'last decade' info.
I think one can print their own now, without the serial number. I remember seeing a home-gamer-journalist did it for a story. It took some handholding, but with money and a bit of study, he was able to print one with his own machine.
Yes, I expect that it is possible to print one. On the other hand, a metal printing setup that might be capable of making a proper unit would come to about $120,000 at minimum. Not to mention that (in the US at least) you're setting yourself up for a federal felony charge unless you get the proper paperwork.
Possible?

All I needed for my entirely legal DIY gunsmithing project was about six hours, a 12-year-old’s understanding of computer software, an $80 chunk of aluminum, and a nearly featureless black 1-cubic-foot desktop milling machine called the Ghost Gunner.

The Ghost Gunner is a $1,500 computer-numerical-controlled (CNC) mill sold by Defense Distributed, the gun access advocacy group that gained notoriety in 2012 and 2013 when it began
I don't know much about guns, but this looks cheaper than what you said, and is a few years old.
I think this is why I've been making the claim for a few years that it's relatively easy and cheap to modify the AR-15. But I deferred to Seth, figuring that he knows his (gun) shit.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Cunt wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Cunt wrote:That seems pretty 'last decade' info.
Possible?

This doesn't scare me as much as the auto-aim rigs which can make even single shot guns more dangerous. (or crossbows, or slings...catapult...)
Note that what the writer eventually produced was the lower receiver for a semi-automatic rifle, not one capable of fully automatic fire. The printed unit (again, for a semi-automatic) was plastic, not metal, and as the gunsmith correctly pointed out, dangerous to the shooter. A setup for printing a metal lower receiver would be considerably more expensive than a standard 3D printer.

The little CNC mill is impressive, I'll admit. However, to go the extra step and modify the lower receiver to make it capable of fully automatic fire would require shop skills and equipment, and would be highly illegal.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:43 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Note that what the writer eventually produced was the lower receiver for a semi-automatic rifle, not one capable of fully automatic fire. The printed unit (again, for a semi-automatic) was plastic, not metal, and as the gunsmith correctly pointed out, dangerous to the shooter. A setup for printing a metal lower receiver would be considerably more expensive than a standard 3D printer.

The little CNC mill is impressive, I'll admit. However, to go the extra step and modify the lower receiver to make it capable of fully automatic fire would require shop skills and equipment, and would be highly illegal.
I thought all you had to do was add a bump stock to go from semi to full auto, but I admit I am just remembering words here, don't understand the mechanicals.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Yeah, that will do it. These are internal parts that make it permanent.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:59 pm

if it isn't ready and easy to do now, it will be soon.

Then where are practical gun control laws to be directed?

Those gizmos that auto-aim a gun are pretty restricted now, but my guess is that they will become similarly democratized with time and normal tech development.

So, since very soon gun control will be impossible, what do we do?

By the way, if the goal is school safety, why do we hear attacks on the NRA when there is a shooting, but don't hear attacks on Islam when a kid sprays ISIS around a school, and sneaks in a bomb?

Or did that Utah incident not reach the news?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm

It's getting crazy out there. Even my mom is packing these days. :biggrin:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:15 pm

"looks like a supermodel" :funny:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 am

Where in the constitution does it say what 18-year olds can do? They hot the right to vote by amendment.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nra-s ... index.html
And why can’t congress define ”adult”?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 pm

mistermack wrote:How is he firing bursts, if it's a semiautomatic? I thought it was one pull one shot?

Or has it got a bump stock fitted? He said he was running it in full auto at the start.
It looks like he's using the recoil, allowing the weapon to bounce off his body against a fixed trigger finger. A light trigger and a bruised shoulder is all you need.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Tero wrote:Where in the constitution does it say what 18-year olds can do? They hot the right to vote by amendment.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nra-s ... index.html
And why can’t congress define ”adult”?
It seems to me, that if you allow a person to arm themselves, and place themselves in a war on behalf of your country, they are an adult.

Might be better if none of us grew up...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:45 pm

That’s all supervised. A well organized militia.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 pm

I think if 18 is old enough for the draft (it ISN'T) then 18 is old enough to make any decision, drink, drive, shoot or take up political activism.

It makes more sense to me to draft those aged 40 and over. I think a lot more recruits would fail basic training, but the ones you get through would be a MUCH more fearful fighting force.

The boy I was at 18 is no match whatsoever for the man I am just a few decades later.

Of course, this would mean leaving kids alone...and having a country well worth defending by those who know it best...lots of problems.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
mistermack wrote:How is he firing bursts, if it's a semiautomatic? I thought it was one pull one shot?

Or has it got a bump stock fitted? He said he was running it in full auto at the start.
It looks like he's using the recoil, allowing the weapon to bounce off his body against a fixed trigger finger. A light trigger and a bruised shoulder is all you need.
No, it's adapted for full auto, according to later posts. What you described is bump firing, which can be done, but takes a lot of skill. It's what the bump stock was designed to mimic.
I believe it can be dangerous, even in skilled hands. You can lose control of the gun and spray bullets everywhere.
Anyway, bump stocks are legal and they work. When I do my final massacre, I'm going to have two assault rifles fitted with bump stocks, give alternate burst so they don't overheat.
Hopefully at the annual meeting of the NRA.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm

... and we'll say, "He was a quiet man - kept himself to himself."
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT