Idiots

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Idiots

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Well, you rejected my amendment plan:
1 repeal the 2nd
2 newamendment: take feds out, leave gun laws to states...as long as you keep it IN your state

Liberal states could ban all guns. Kentucky would carry on

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Tero wrote:Well, you rejected my amendment plan:
1 repeal the 2nd
2 newamendment: take feds out, leave gun laws to states...as long as you keep it IN your state

You won't get past trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment. But it's your right to try. I'm not losing any sleep over the prospect though.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Seth wrote:
1 repeal the 2nd

You won't get past trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment. But it's your right to try. I'm not losing any sleep over the prospect though.
But he's attempting to interfere with your god given right to bear arms and you argued that makes him responsible for every crime that guns, unfettered and freely available to everyone in your society, could have prevented. Is it then his right to be a criminal?

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
1 repeal the 2nd

But he's attempting to interfere with your god given right to bear arms and you argued that makes him responsible for every crime that guns, unfettered and freely available to everyone in your society, could have prevented. Is it then his right to be a criminal?
Nope. And, you lie because guns are not "unfettered and freely available to everyone."
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Seth wrote:
Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
1 repeal the 2nd

Nope. And, you lie because guns are not "unfettered and freely available to everyone."
So he's not responsible for the crimes that guns could have prevented by seeking to interfere with the right to bear arms in your society?

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
1 repeal the 2nd

So he's not responsible for the crimes that guns could have prevented by seeking to interfere with the right to bear arms in your society?
Yes, he is responsible and no it is not his right to be a criminal. His lawful duty is to respect every other individual's right to keep and bear arms and keep his pie hole shut about interfering with that right. Then and only then will he not be responsible for injuries to others caused by his interference with their rights and will not be a criminal.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:
1 repeal the 2nd

Seth wrote:Yes, he is responsible and no it is not his right to be a criminal. His lawful duty is to respect every other individual's right to keep and bear arms and keep his pie hole shut about interfering with that right. Then and only then will he not be responsible for injuries to others caused by his interference with their rights and will not be a criminal.
But you just said he's free to exercise his right.. so it's his right to diregard his lawful duty to respect .. yada yada .. and not keep his pie hole shut? You're contradicting yourself or words mean something to you that's different from the common use of the English language I'm familiar with.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Śiva wrote:
Seth wrote:Yes, he is responsible and no it is not his right to be a criminal. His lawful duty is to respect every other individual's right to keep and bear arms and keep his pie hole shut about interfering with that right. Then and only then will he not be responsible for injuries to others caused by his interference with their rights and will not be a criminal.
But you just said he's free to exercise his right.. so it's his right to diregard his lawful duty to respect .. yada yada .. and not keep his pie hole shut? You're contradicting yourself or words mean something to you that's different from the common use of the English language I'm familiar with.
He doesn't have a right to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms of anyone, ever. Infringing on that right is a criminal act.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:46 am

458 guns removed from trickling down to idiots and criminals
http://www.tbo.com/pinellas-county/resi ... -20151212/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Tero wrote:458 guns removed from trickling down to idiots and criminals
http://www.tbo.com/pinellas-county/resi ... -20151212/
And a complete waste of taxpayer money because the vast majority of guns in "buybacks" are useless and often inoperative pieces of crap that people turn in because they are worth nothing at all.

But hey, if that's what the taxpayers of Pinellas county want to waste their taxes on, that's fine by me. It's voluntary so I'm fine with it. But it won't do a damned bit of good in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals because those guns were unlikely to end up in the hands of criminals in the first place.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:30 pm

The fewer pieces to explode in the hands of idiots then. Better to have a new gun for a suicide.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:22 am

Tero wrote:The fewer pieces to explode in the hands of idiots then. Better to have a new gun for a suicide.
True. When one chooses to exercise one's fundamental human right of ending one's life with a gun, one wants it to work properly and get the job done.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 am

Tero wrote:why should every idiot be allowed to own a gun?
http://home.chicagopolice.org/north-sid ... -year-old/
Guns are just another tool for population control, that's why. Get 'em early, well before they are old enough to procreate, I say.

127 of the children died from gunshots in their own homes, while dozens more died in the homes of friends, neighbors, and relatives.
72 of the young victims either pulled the trigger themselves or were shot dead by another kid.
In those 72 cases, only 4 adults have been held criminally liable.
At least 52 deaths involved a child handling a gun left unsecured.

Additional findings include:

60 children died at the hands of their own parents, 50 of them in homicides.
The average age of the victims was 6 years old.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nniversary
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:05 am

Seth wrote:
He does not have a right to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms of anyone ever. Infringing on that right is a criminal act
But does not the First Amendment allow him to talk about it? If you say no then is that not a denial of his right? Not the right to bear arms
but the right to self expression? And talking about infringing a right and actually infringing it are two entirely different things and the first
does not automatically lead to the second. Given that the Second Amendment is never actually going to be over thrown then talking about
it is actually a waste of time. And so is not any danger to legitimate gun owners like yourself. The law is going to remain exactly the same
and nothing is going to change that as long as America exists. Then you have no reason to worry about what anyone says about gun control

You seem to be more worried about the fact that the First Amendment protects his right to talk about it so does that mean you would want
to see it repealed? Do you therefore think that it is expendable in a way that you do not think the Second Amendment is? For that is for you
the equivalent of one of the Ten Commandments? While in contrast the First Amendment should be scrapped as that gives rights to all sorts
of people you absolutely despise such as atheists and communists and feminists and liberals and anyone else who annoys the hell out of you
Or do you instead as an American citizen stand by the Constitution including those parts of it you disagree with as that is what the Founding
Fathers would have wanted Americans to do? Or do you think you have a legitimate right to criticise those parts of it you do not actually like
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Seth wrote:
He does not have a right to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms of anyone ever. Infringing on that right is a criminal act
But does not the First Amendment allow him to talk about it? If you say no then is that not a denial of his right? Not the right to bear arms
but the right to self expression?
Talking about it is not the problem. Putting that talk into action is. Conspiracy to deprive an individual of his RKBA is a crime, but it takes more than talk to violate that law. Talk, however, is a good indicator that we need to pay close attention to the individual to ensure that talk does not turn to action.