Safer gun technology

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
devogue

Re: Safer gun technology

Post by devogue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 am

The United States is rather strange.

Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Post by Blind groper » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Very true devogue.

Even more true is that Seth's views are very, very strange. It is difficult to argue with someone who has no respect for numbers, or statistics, or scientifically acceptable data. He seems to think that anecdotes are evidence, but that carefully compiled statistics are not. Duh!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 am

devogue wrote:The United States is rather strange.
We like to say "unique," and we're very proud of that...
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:10 am

Blind groper wrote:Very true devogue.

Even more true is that Seth's views are very, very strange. It is difficult to argue with someone who has no respect for numbers, or statistics, or scientifically acceptable data. He seems to think that anecdotes are evidence, but that carefully compiled statistics are not. Duh!
If you knew either jack or shit about statistics, you might be right, but you don't, so you're still completely wrong.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 am

Maybe an other approach would be more helpful: "Gonad Control" instead of "Gun Control". Everyone is allowed to keep a gun, but only if they have their balls snipped (when male). This way the guns would still be dangerous but the gun owners would be meek as a lamb. Christians can''t object. After all, Jesus was a lamb himself. And he also didn't have gonards.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 am

NineBerry wrote:Maybe an other approach would be more helpful: "Gonad Control" instead of "Gun Control". Everyone is allowed to keep a gun, but only if they have their balls snipped (when male). This way the guns would still be dangerous but the gun owners would be meek as a lamb. Christians can''t object. After all, Jesus was a lamb himself. And he also didn't have gonards.
As long as you and the other liberals go first, as an example, I'll consider it. We can do with fewer liberals, and snipping their balls...and tying their tubes...is a great way to achieve that, so please give us a shining example to follow by posting a video of you cutting your balls off.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Ne need to. I don't want to own a gun :prof:

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 pm

NineBerry wrote:Ne need to. I don't want to own a gun :prof:
That's not the point. You need to lead by example.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 am

I was just wondering if anyone made a handheld railgun?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:10 am

Seth wrote:
I lead by example. By not owning a gun.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:I was just wondering if anyone made a handheld railgun?
Not yet. Not enough energy storage available in a compact and light enough form to make it work. Takes a whole damned cruiser full of generators and capacitors to make railguns work.

Ever hear of the "Gyrojet" pistol?

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:48 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Seth wrote:
I lead by example. By not owning a gun.
Not good enough. Since you still have your balls (assuming you're a male of course) we cannot be guaranteed that you will not at some point go back on your commitment to not own a gun and will go buy one.

So, cut 'em off and post the photos or fuck off.