The Second amendment

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: The Second amendment

Post by Seth » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:03 am

rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote: We have the fundamental, natural, unalienable right to keep and bear arms right up to the moment that we fail to do so properly and safely.
Really?
Have you tried to get through airport security carrying a loaded gun?

:smug:

Were they very impressed by your argument that it was your 'unalienable right'?

:o

Did you enjoy it when they snapped on the gloves?
You're pretty ignorant of the law, but what else is new.

That's a time, place and manner regulation which may or may not be constitutionally permissible, not a blanket prior-restraint denial of civil rights.

And under certain circumstances I could walk right through airport security with a gun. In fact in years past I DID board commercial airliners while armed simply by displaying my badge and ID at the gate, more than once.

The issue is not whether a particular time, place or manner regulation is constitutionally valid, it's whether the government can generally and universally ban the keeping and bearing of arms on the premise that one or more of the 150 million gun owners in the US MIGHT commit an unlawful act somewhere, sometime.

It cannot. Period.
:doh:

You are saying that Merkins have an 'unalienable right' to carry loaded weapons onto airplanes?
No, what I said was that Americans have an unalienable right to keep and bear arms, and that might include carrying them loaded onto airplanes. As it happens I've got a pilot's license and I can carry a handgun into the cockpit of any airplane of which I am the Pilot in Command, by law, and that the government cannot prohibit me from keeping and bearings arms generally by denying my right to do so as a matter of prior restraint on the entirely unconstitutional premise that someone with a gun, somewhere in the US, sometime in history, might misuse their firearm.
If not, don't use terms you don't understand.
Cheesus! You first. :fp:
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:12 am

Um, Mr Dictionary...
inalienable

/ɪnˈeɪlɪənəb(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: inalienable

not subject to being taken away from or given away by the possessor.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:27 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Um, Mr Dictionary...
inalienable

/ɪnˈeɪlɪənəb(ə)l/

adjective

It's "unalienable" not "inalienable," but yes, that's what it means. What's your point?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:31 am

Uh ahh. Cop, journalist, master debater, survivalist and now Walter has a pilot's license as well - a veritable polymath in the US sense of the word.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 am

Hermit wrote:Uh ahh. Cop, journalist, master debater, survivalist and now Walter has a pilot's license as well - a veritable polymath in the US sense of the word.
Next he'll be a Physics Professor...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:43 am

Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Um, Mr Dictionary...
inalienable

/ɪnˈeɪlɪənəb(ə)l/

adjective

It's "unalienable" not "inalienable," but yes, that's what it means. What's your point?
:fp:

Actually, inalienable is the more correct term. But otherwise, they mean exactly the same thing.

What's the point? Read the fucking definition. "NOT SUBJECTED TO BEING TAKEN AWAY". Try getting on a plane with a gun. You won't be able to. So it's not inalienable, as you don't have the right to bear arms on plane. :fp:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 am

JimC wrote:
Hermit wrote:Uh ahh. Cop, journalist, master debater, survivalist and now Walter has a pilot's license as well - a veritable polymath in the US sense of the word.
Physics is a Marxist conspiracy theory. Particles are Marxist useful idiots. :coffee:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:19 am

JimC wrote:
He's already better than that. Physics professors do not generally claim to know everything.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:15 pm

The leading quote in the link goes into the tyranny thing. Seth reads life and libery = guns
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315
http://famguardian.org/subjects/politic ... ff0100.htm
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:33 am

Seth wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Seth wrote: We have the fundamental, natural, unalienable right to keep and bear arms right up to the moment that we fail to do so properly and safely.
Really?
Have you tried to get through airport security carrying a loaded gun?

:smug:

Were they very impressed by your argument that it was your 'unalienable right'?

:o

Did you enjoy it when they snapped on the gloves?
You're pretty ignorant of the law, but what else is new.

That's a time, place and manner regulation which may or may not be constitutionally permissible, not a blanket prior-restraint denial of civil rights.

And under certain circumstances I could walk right through airport security with a gun. In fact in years past I DID board commercial airliners while armed simply by displaying my badge and ID at the gate, more than once.

The issue is not whether a particular time, place or manner regulation is constitutionally valid, it's whether the government can generally and universally ban the keeping and bearing of arms on the premise that one or more of the 150 million gun owners in the US MIGHT commit an unlawful act somewhere, sometime.

It cannot. Period.
:doh:

You are saying that Merkins have an 'unalienable right' to carry loaded weapons onto airplanes?
No, what I said was that Americans have an unalienable right to keep and bear arms, and that might include carrying them loaded onto airplanes.
Since it isn't allowed in general to Merkins, the right isn't 'unalienable'.

For once, can you check the meanings of terms?

...before making a fool of yourself. :hehe:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:39 pm

rainbow wrote: Since it isn't allowed in general to Merkins, the right isn't 'unalienable'.

For once, can you check the meanings of terms?

...before making a fool of yourself. :hehe:
You've already made a fool of yourself, but you should probably try to understand the distinction between "unalienable" and "regulation."

Never mind, I'll use small words for your benefit: "Unalienable" means that the government cannot arbitrarily deny you such rights, not that government cannot regulated the time, place and manner of the exercise of those rights.

"Unalienable" ("inalienable") is simply the antonym for "alienable," which means "transferable to another's ownership." One cannot transfer one's right to keep and bear arms to someone else, not even the government. This is distinguished from the government reasonably regulating one's exercise of a right, and I've previously stated the test used by the courts to determine if a regulation is constitutionally permissible.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Yup. Commercial pilot, Airplane, Multi-engine, Instrument.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Seth wrote:
Add "land"...no seaplane rating yet.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:31 am

Seth wrote:
No jobs available for a pilot with your qualifications?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:49 am

Not since the Marxists took over the airline industry... :coffee: