This must be faked...

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: This must be faked...

Post by Seth » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm

JimC wrote:For US gun massacres, it always seems to be "if" someone in proximity was armed...

For all your vaunted "protection by armed civilians", it doesn't happen much...
Actually, it happens some 2.5 million times a year. You only hear about the times when someone wasn't there to protect others because, well, it was a "gun free" zone where such people aren't allowed to carry their guns so many unarmed people are killed at once.

The solution is obvious: Let people carry guns so they can defend themselves when such things happen.
Last edited by Seth on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:49 pm

mistermack wrote:
JimC wrote:For US gun massacres, it always seems to be "if" someone in proximity was armed...

For all your vaunted "protection by armed civilians", it doesn't happen much...
It's the most stupid argument, but gun-lovers never tire of making it.

"If this happened" or "if that happened" then "so-and-so could have done this".

"If you make sure there are no guns" then there will be no shootings. Simple.

Not simple enough for Seth, but then, what is ?
If there were a way to make sure there were no guns I might agrees, but since there is absolutely no way you can do so, as every illegal shooting on earth proves conclusively, your statement is a non sequitur and nothing more than an idiotic utopian bit of bloviation that is worthless because it can never come to pass.

The genie is out of the bottle and Pandora's box has been opened and guns exist, and will continue to exist for the foreseeable future. That being the case, criminals intent on getting and using guns will always get them and use them. If they can't steal them or buy them from other criminals, they will manufacture them for themselves. Gunsmiths in Pakistan do so with little more than hammers, files and other hand tools, and evidently their craftsmanship is quite remarkable. It ain't rocket surgery after all.

That being the case, the best defense against criminals with guns is an armed citizenry that far outnumbers the criminals and is willing to take them on and shoot them dead when they try to use guns in crimes. The obvious thing to do is to make extinct the class of criminals willing to use guns to commit crimes, and the way to do that is the same as it has been for every species humans have made extinct: we hunt them down and kill them until they are all gone.

Can't do that without a gun.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:42 pm

More words from Seth in a gun topic. You can see the wrong rising like steam from a fresh turd.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:02 am

Seth wrote:

...the best defense against criminals with guns is an armed citizenry that far outnumbers the criminals and is willing to take them on and shoot them dead when they try to use guns in crimes.
If that was the case, one would expect a country that follows that precept to have much lower crime and murder rates than comparable developed countries that don't...

So, The USA should have a lower murder rate than the rest of the civilised world...

Oh wait...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:More words from Seth in a gun topic. You can see the wrong rising like steam from a fresh turd.
That's what you see because you are living with your head up your ass.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:29 am

JimC wrote:
Seth wrote:

...the best defense against criminals with guns is an armed citizenry that far outnumbers the criminals and is willing to take them on and shoot them dead when they try to use guns in crimes.
If that was the case, one would expect a country that follows that precept to have much lower crime and murder rates than comparable developed countries that don't...

So, The USA should have a lower murder rate than the rest of the civilised world...

Oh wait...
Cherry picking. The US does have a lower murder rate than most of the rest of the world, and a murder rate that continues to decline as murder rates in other countries go up even as more and more people (millions of them) are legally carrying concealed. Still, due to people who fail to understand simple things like "the only way to stop someone with a gun who is intent on murdering people is for someone else to have a gun to stop them with", there still aren't enough guns being lawfully carried in public to eliminate the threat, particularly in "gun-free" cities and other locations, such as school and college campuses.

But, wherever lawful concealed carry occurs, the violent crime rate goes down and stays down, averaging 15% or more in the first years of such programs, and no increase in gun deaths or injuries by licensed persons are seen where lawful concealed carry is authorized.

Thus, the paranoid rant commonly seen that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry arms for their personal defense will result in blood running in the gutters and an increase in gun crime and accidents is absolutely false. So, even presuming that lawful concealed carry had zero effect on reducing violent crime or murder it would still be irrational to ban law-abiding citizens from carrying concealed firearms because there is ZERO evidence that doing so increases any sort of threat or danger to the public. In point of fact, it significantly decreases both the danger of gun crime, all types of violent crime, most other types of personal and property crime, and the incidence of gun accidents, including gun accidents involving children.

So, as we see from the actual facts involved, gun bans and restrictions on the law-abiding ownership or use of guns have absolutely no effect whatsoever on the incidence of any kind of crime, including violent crime and murder, the legal ownership and public carrying of guns by law-abiding citizens does not produce any additional danger to the public, in fact it reduces such dangers in every category, and wherever citizens lawfully carry guns for self defense crime goes down and stays down.

Those are the facts.

Like this fact: "A suspected intruder attacked two sisters, 75 and 64, in their Georgia home earlier this week — but police said the younger sister pulled out a gun and fired three shots, killing him, WJAX-TV reported."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 am

Seth wrote:

...The US does have a lower murder rate than most of the rest of the world...
If you like comparing your country to third-world shit-holes or failed states, then sure. Not otherwise.

One would have thought the US would prefer to compare itself to the developed world...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 am

Seth wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:More words from Seth in a gun topic. You can see the wrong rising like steam from a fresh turd.
That's what you see because you are living with your head up your ass.
Better than having a gun up my ass. Or a neighbour with a gun and road rage issues, or bipolar disorder, or alcoholism.

There are far too many gun related deaths in the USA because there are far too many fucking guns! It's not rocket science.

The UK has a gun related death every 2 days, on average. The USA has 40 per day!

Your reply will be wrong. Please save yourself the pixels and think twice before replying. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 am

JimC wrote:
Collector1337 wrote:
okay... now take out all of the shootings committed by non-whites and see how the numbers look then...
So, everything is the fault of them damn niggers, eh Collector?

How are you at lighting crosses?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 am

As always, for the hundredth time: Seth carrying a gun may be beneficial to Seth. It is of no benefit to me. A single Australian carrying a gun may increase safety for himself. It does nothing to Australia. He is merely a new risk to Australia.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 am

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:52 am

And do you have a source for this racist bullshit, collector? The website shown is just a repository for images. Where do these figures/graphics come from?

And, if it's true, why aren't the NRA campaigning to have those nasty black people banned from owning gnus? And please don't try telling me those cunts are scared of a liberal backlash! :tea:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:And do you have a source for this racist bullshit, collector?
There is quite a strong correlation between racism and stupidity, perhaps collector has a map that shows this?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 am

Maybe we get a better picture by looking at gender rather than ethnicity.

From FBI homicide data for 2013:

Male offenders: 5058
Female offenders: 536
Unknown: 102

Conclusions: Draw your own. It should be easy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:37 am

The self-defence argument that everyone should carry guns to be safe can be made clearer, if you exchange the guns for dogshit, in the argument.

Imagine that some dirty people take to carrying dogshit in bags, and smearing people with it.
According to the gun argument, the intelligent response is for everybody to carry their own dogshit, so that if someone tries to smear you, you can smear them first.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.