9 less Texan gun-nut bikers

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

9 less Texan gun-nut bikers

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 am

A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: 9 less Texan gun-nut bikers

Post by Hermit » Mon May 18, 2015 1:35 am

If only they had guns, they could have protected themselves from being killed. That, after all, is one of the reasons the second amendment exists. It's an unalienable right, People. Avail yourselves to it!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon May 18, 2015 1:47 am

To be fair, we've had similar bikie shoot-outs in Oz, with many dead and wounded. Whatever the gun laws, bikies will get guns, and massacre other bikies. Luckily, it's usually other bikies, not civilians...

(we call 'em bikies, not bikers...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon May 18, 2015 1:52 am

JimC wrote:Whatever the gun laws, bikies will get guns, and massacre other bikies.
It's just a lot easier in the USA to get your hands on a gun. I do wonder how many of the Texas bikers owned their firearms legally.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

piscator

Post by piscator » Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 am

They're not "Bikers". All I see is a bunch of garbage wagons with windshields, which an outlaw wouldn't be caught dead on in Texas.
Even the Australian Banditos ride Hogs. I think it's in the bylaws they have to...
Last edited by piscator on Mon May 18, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon May 18, 2015 2:04 am

Hermit wrote:
JimC wrote:Whatever the gun laws, bikies will get guns, and massacre other bikies.
It's just a lot easier in the USA to get your hands on a gun. I do wonder how many of the Texas bikers owned their firearms legally.
True, but in recent years, Oz bikies have frequently possessed and used various illegal firearms. Hard to obtain for most people in Oz, but bikie gangs have extensive criminal connections, and can usually obtain a variety of guns.

The good thing about our tougher gun laws is that the difficulty of obtaining weapons means that young wannabees will usually not be able to get them...
And my gin!

piscator

Post by piscator » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 am

JimC wrote:
Hermit wrote:
True, but in recent years, Oz bikies have frequently possessed and used various illegal firearms. Hard to obtain for most people in Oz, but bikie gangs have extensive criminal connections, and can usually obtain a variety of guns.

The good thing about our tougher gun laws is that the difficulty of obtaining weapons means that young wannabees will usually not be able to get them...

Half of the bikers in San Quentin are there for "Felon with Firearm", the rest are for drugs, extortion, and Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
ATF spends half their budget rolling up felons for chickenshit firearm violations, and outlaw bikers are just low-hanging fruit.

We have a few here in town. If you're hosting a public event, they do security. If you're importing coke or meth, they do security. They're pretty good at it too. :{D

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon May 18, 2015 6:57 am

piscator wrote: Even the Australian Banditos ride Hogs.
Also known as:

Hardly able, son.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon May 18, 2015 7:03 am

Undercover military op taking down a risk factor before the big event in July. Nothing to see here. :read:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon May 18, 2015 12:45 pm

rainbow wrote:
piscator wrote:Even the Australian Banditos ride Hogs.
Also known as:

Hardly able, son.
Among café racers they are known as trucks on two wheels.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon May 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Hermit wrote:
Pretty much zero of them, since they are all involved in criminal enterprises and possess firearms with the intent to forward those criminal activities, which is a crime. Also, many of them have criminal convictions, and I'm pretty sure only a very few have CCW permits, and those who do won't have them for long. They confiscated more than a hundred weapons, and hopefully every swinging dick among them will be facing state and federal weapons charges, if for no other reason than to disqualify them from legally possessing a firearm in the future, which, while it won't keep them from doing so will give the police all they need to arrest and put them away for 5 years on a federal gun rap when the opportunity arises.

This was a rare case of the police being on-scene and doing some of the killing themselves. Good for them. But this is the exception not the rule. Then again, as an armed citizens, when rival bike gangs start killing one another the best course of action is to take cover and let them do so until and unless they threaten you personally. The more of them that kill each other, the better off society is.

I'm all for rounding all of them up and going all Hunger Games on their asses by dumping them all in an arena with a pile of weapons in the middle. Five hundred men enter, one man leaves. And him you hang. Kilkenny Cat solution on steroids.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 pm

JimC wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Nonsense. If your tougher gun laws worked, bikies wouldn't have guns, particularly machine guns. Anybody who really wants a gun can get one in Oz, and you know it. It's the bikies who are most likely the SOURCE of illegal weapons in Oz, just as biker gangs here are heavy into gun smuggling and selling stolen and sterile guns to criminals as an entrepreneurial venture. Guns are actually easier to smuggle than drugs because dogs are generally not trained to detect them.

The only people who can't get guns wherever gun control laws are strict are law-abiding citizens who might need them to defend themselves against bikies or other criminals.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

piscator

Post by piscator » Mon May 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Hermit wrote:
rainbow wrote:
piscator wrote:Even the Australian Banditos ride Hogs.
Also known as:

Hardly able, son.
Among café racers they are known as trucks on two wheels.

They're talking about the owners, not the bikes... :dunno:

Outlaw bikers call diner dashers, "Fucking little midgets on Guzzis". :hilarious:

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? On a Harley, the dirtbag is attached to the top of the device. :coffee:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon May 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Seth wrote:

Anybody who really wants a gun can get one in Oz, and you know it.
Incorrect. Serious criminals, including bikie gangs can of course obtain guns, as they could anywhere on Earth. However, young punks with no money or connections to crime would have to work very hard to get one in Oz, whereas in the States it's as easy as falling off a log (which is the way you like it...)
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue May 19, 2015 12:26 am

piscator wrote: What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? On a Harley, the dirtbag is attached to the top of the device. :coffee:
Now THAT'S funny! :funny:

Although technically not true. Both a Harley and a Hoover have the engine at the bottom and the dirtbag on top, so therefore the corrected version should read "Why is a Harley like a Hoover? Because they both have dirtbags on top."