Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Tyrannical

Re: Only in America

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:34 pm

pErvin wrote:Did you get wood while she was shooting?
The outdoor gun range was in the woods....... But no, we didn't chop(?) down any trees with gunfire.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Man, now I don't know if "getting wood" is a Strayan term or you are having a lend of me...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:What a country if you have to think like that. :|~

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 am

What a frightening thought. :shock:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Don't be scared. Living in fear of weapons is not generally helpful, and it may be a sign of a serious neurosis or retarded sexual/emotional development.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm

I dont live in fear of them. We dont have any simple.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Oh, o.k., then, what was the frightening thought? The gun or the purse?

Also, "don't have any" is a bit of an overstatement, isn't it? Arent' there over half a million civilian guns in the Netherlands, not including police and military? Look around a busy street, and 1 in 25 of your countrymen own firearms.
Last edited by Forty Two on Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

the fact that they make purses especially to hold guns?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Forty Two wrote:Don't be scared. Living in fear of weapons is not generally helpful, and it may be a sign of a serious neurosis or retarded sexual/emotional development.
Like living in fear of situations where you would need a gun.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Svartalf wrote:the fact that they make purses especially to hold guns?
A lady with an Etsy page....lol Who's "they"? I mean, if there's a need, the market should fill it, no? I mean, that's what good ideas are -- someone says, hey, there's X number of people out there who have a need for a product that does A, B and C. Maybe I'll design it and sell it....

Do you find it surprising that there is a market for women who have certain things to carry around will want a fashionable bag to put them in? This is shocking or surprising in some way? :thinks: It's sort of like being surprised that they make pockets for cell phones and smart phones.

Men tend to be more utilitarian and monochrome in their style choices, but men too have holsters and briefcases with holding pockets for guns.

If people have things to carry around, they like having places to put them and into which they fit securely.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:I dont live in fear of them. We dont have any simple.
Couldn't agree more. It's nice to live in a country where a woman could scream "If I had a gun I'd shoot you dead" and laugh at her because there is practically a zero chance that she'd be carrying.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Svartalf wrote:the fact that they make purses especially to hold guns?
A lady with an Etsy page....lol Who's "they"?
Are you going to have another one of those nights? You ask this question, presumably not rhetorically, and then go on to answer it in the next few sentences. :think:

Viz:
I mean, if there's a need, the market should fill it, no? I mean, that's what good ideas are -- someone says, hey, there's X number of people out there who have a need for a product that does A, B and C. Maybe I'll design it and sell it....
Do you find it surprising that there is a market for women who have certain things to carry around will want a fashionable bag to put them in? This is shocking or surprising in some way? :thinks: It's sort of like being surprised that they make pockets for cell phones and smart phones.

Men tend to be more utilitarian and monochrome in their style choices, but men too have holsters and briefcases with holding pockets for guns.

If people have things to carry around, they like having places to put them and into which they fit securely.
You seem to be struggling with this. It's the fact that a woman even needs to carry a gun, let alone need to have or even want a special purse designed to carry it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Don't be scared. Living in fear of weapons is not generally helpful, and it may be a sign of a serious neurosis or retarded sexual/emotional development.
Having a gun does not mean one lives in fear. Do any of the gun owners that have posted on this site expressed such fears? I see the language of fear emanating from those who don't own guns, but the ones that do own guns seem to post in terms of practicalities and pragmatic uses - like they are tools, and sporting equipment. I haven't heard gun owners talking about being "fearful" or "frightened" of things, have you?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Having a gun does not mean one lives in fear.
In a lot of cases it probably does. Although, I accept that there are going to be situations where owning a gun in America is a rational idea.
Do any of the gun owners that have posted on this site expressed such fears?
Fuck yeah. Seth is shitting himself about the secret Marxist revolution. You can't seriously argue that that man isn't a scared little boy.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Hermit wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:I dont live in fear of them. We dont have any simple.
Couldn't agree more. It's nice to live in a country where a woman could scream "If I had a gun I'd shoot you dead" and laugh at her because there is practically a zero chance that she'd be carrying.
Maybe you're right --