Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Only in America

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:37 pm

laklak wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:15 pm
Seabass wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:46 pm
From handguns, to AK-47s and 50-calibre sniper rifles, weak US gun laws allow the drug cartels to arm themselves to the point where they can take on the Mexican army, shoot down military helicopters and take over entire cities. The trade in illegal drugs and illegal guns are inextricably linked.

This is how the War on Drugs is actually fought.
I thought it would be useless to try to fight an army with civilian weaponry, particularly since Sleepy Joe has no problem nuking the civilian population.
When people say that, they're usually talking about the US military, which is somewhat more capable than the Mexican military. Anyway, I don't think the cartels have any hope of actually overthrowing the Mexican government, but they certainly can ruin cities, can't they.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:37 pm
laklak wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:15 pm
Seabass wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:46 pm
From handguns, to AK-47s and 50-calibre sniper rifles, weak US gun laws allow the drug cartels to arm themselves to the point where they can take on the Mexican army, shoot down military helicopters and take over entire cities. The trade in illegal drugs and illegal guns are inextricably linked.

This is how the War on Drugs is actually fought.
I thought it would be useless to try to fight an army with civilian weaponry, particularly since Sleepy Joe has no problem nuking the civilian population.
When people say that, they're usually talking about the US military, which is somewhat more capable than the Mexican military. Anyway, I don't think the cartels have any hope of actually overthrowing the Mexican government, but they certainly can ruin cities, can't they.
The Mexican government has already no control. Corruption is so high it even makes Somalia look like heaven on earth.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:22 pm

Amid all the political chaos in Mexico they also have an extremely progressive climate education across the school system.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:24 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:22 pm
Amid all the political chaos in mexictthey also have an extremely progressive climate education across the school system.
You believe that? Have you seen Mexican village schools? Unless the local mafia boss is supporting it, it will be closed. The church does very little except prance around on feast days. Only parents that are willing to pay will have access to education. Nothing but nothing (except a bullet) is free in Mexico. The ultimate corruption. In the town hall you have to pay the guy on the door to open it and then the payments to every civil servant and the more you pay the closer your dossier will be kept to the top. If you are non-Mexican it will fall anyway usually on the floor.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:47 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:24 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Amid all the political chaos in Mexico they also have an extremely progressive climate education across the school system.
You believe that? Have you seen Mexican village schools? Unless the local mafia boss is supporting it, it will be closed. The church does very little except prance around on feast days. Only parents that are willing to pay will have access to education. Nothing but nothing (except a bullet) is free in Mexico. The ultimate corruption. In the town hall you have to pay the guy on the door to open it and then the payments to every civil servant and the more you pay the closer your dossier will be kept to the top. If you are non-Mexican it will fall anyway usually on the floor.
I don't dispute that the social, economic, and political conditions in Mexico are complex and chaotic, as mentioned, but I stand by my statement, having talked to climate activists in the country and studied the legislation -- which entitles every pupil to a Climate Education -- along with the teaching material etc.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:56 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:47 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:24 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
I don't dispute that the social, economic, and political conditions in Mexico are complex and chaotic, as mentioned, but I stand by my statement, having talked to climate activists in the country and studied the legislation -- which entitles every pupil to a Climate Education -- along with the teaching material etc.
Always looks good on paper. In practice is something else. It may entitle but that does say it happens. Activists are a joke in Mexico. If the local mafia boss threatens they listen. Journalists are not safe. How my sister lives there is beyond my belief. She is never alone. She has now a bullet proof car with a chauffeur and security guard.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:19 am

You obviously know more about education in Mexico than the teachers and activists I've had contact with, so I won't go on about it.

:tea:

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:19 am
You obviously know more about education in Mexico than the teachers and activists I've had contact with, so I won't go on about it.

Brian I did have plenty of contacts some very personal with the country. In the beginning when my sister moved to the country I even stayed for three months. My partner had just died and my sis asked me out. I learned a smattering of Mexican (Spanish it is not). Activists are not tolerated and are killed along with so many others who the government and the mafia want bumped of. The line between mafia and government is being made very faint. Life has negative worth in the country. These days it has taken another downwards turn. The government has lost control over vast areas of the country. My nephew is married to a Mexican girl and is now part of her extended family and he has suffered directly from the corruption.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:13 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:

Scot only has to visit a country for a week, decades ago, to know everything there is to know about a place.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:15 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:13 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:

Scot only has to visit a country for a week, decades ago, to know everything there is to know about a place.
You obviously have reading problems. Where did I state that?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:26 pm

You don't have to state it. It's the type of person you are.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:26 pm
You don't have to state it. It's the type of person you are.
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

When did we live together? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Every day, on this forum.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:10 pm

From 2015 (it might have been here already)

My plan, from elsewhere. The recipient (S) has little sense of humor. Which brings us to my plan. First ban hand guns and all that shoot more than 20 shots. Then we allow only shotguns and muskets. Then only muskets. We will define arms as those known to the founding fathers. You get muskets snd small cannons. We'll set a limit to cannon ball and other ammo. Plus yearly gun powder and lead quota. You have to melt your own lead balls.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25