Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
piscator

Post by piscator » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Use sockeye salmon instead of pink.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Only in America

Post by Seth » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Hermit wrote:
Seth wrote:
Hermit wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Or alternatively you keep weapons of death away from children...
Yabut then they'll be entirely at the mercy of their parents when they turn to tyranny, which is what they do everywhere all the time. We need a well regulated babby militia.

Well, at least they are getting some sort of firearms instruction...
Yes, that is a good thing. Another good thing is that the instructors you see at the back of the hall are Jabhat an-Nuṣrah li-Ahli ash-Shām operatives. Thus the instructions ensure that infidels will be killed with utter competence, care and safety. More proof - as if more proof was needed - that religion is good for you.
Well, not THAT particular religion perhaps. But you to are falling prey to the fallacy of composition.

Anyway, it's less likely that any of those kids will accidentally shoot someone, which is the actual point.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:18 pm

piscator wrote:Use sockeye salmon instead of pink.
:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:43 am

Seth wrote:fallacy of composition.
Fallacy fallacy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:08 am

Hermit wrote:
Seth wrote:fallacy of composition.
Fallacy fallacy.
Fallacy fallacy fallacy.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-he ... n-america/
Texas comes in at number 18, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. In fact, the actual numbers are probably higher because Texans are not required by law to register their firearms. As such, the ATF can only count those who seek background checks.

In this photo, an attendee wears a 2nd Amendment shirt while inspecting an assault rifle during the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting and Exhibits in Houston, Texas. More than 70,000 people attended the NRA's three-day annual meeting that year, which featured nearly 550 exhibitors, a gun trade show and a political rally.

WELCOME TO WYOMING; HERE IS YOUR GUN
Wyoming has the highest number of registered guns per capita of any state in America. For every 1,000 residents, there are 195.7 guns, about three times the rate of second-place D.C. That's 114,052 registered firearms in a state with a population of only 582,658 people.

Here, Zak Smith and Shane Coppinger, co-owners of Thunder Beast Arms Corp., prepare to shoot high-powered rifles fitted with sound suppressors at a rifle range west of Cheyenne, Wyoming.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 am

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:52 am

Tero wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-he ... n-america/
Texas comes in at number 18, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. In fact, the actual numbers are probably higher because Texans are not required by law to register their firearms. As such, the ATF can only count those who seek background checks.

In this photo, an attendee wears a 2nd Amendment shirt while inspecting an assault rifle during the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting and Exhibits in Houston, Texas. More than 70,000 people attended the NRA's three-day annual meeting that year, which featured nearly 550 exhibitors, a gun trade show and a political rally.

Wyoming has the highest number of registered guns per capita of any state in America. For every 1,000 residents, there are 195.7 guns, about three times the rate of second-place D.C. That's 114,052 registered firearms in a state with a population of only 582,658 people.

Here, Zak Smith and Shane Coppinger, co-owners of Thunder Beast Arms Corp., prepare to shoot high-powered rifles fitted with sound suppressors at a rifle range west of Cheyenne, Wyoming.
I think you ought to have included this by way of explanation:
While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:24 am

Nobody knows. There's probably more guns total than people
But based on background checks performed by the FBI, there were more than 14 million gun-purchasing transactions in 2009—10 percent more than in 2008. Of course, a person buying three guns in a single transaction is vetted by a single background check, so the volume of background checks does not illustrate the total number of guns purchased...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -guns.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:29 am

I got a bunch of guns and none are on any sort of official registry. But, if you think the information in the millions of background checks is just thrown away (like the gummint claims) then you're thicker than pig shit. Luckily several of mine are pre-background check weapons so there's no record of them anywhere. Couple of them are German WWII weapons my dad brought back in '46. Age ain't nuthin but a number.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:31 am

Sean Hayden wrote:Image
Is that from Coming To America? :)
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:18 am

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Tero wrote:

Well, Wyoming (600,000 people) is bigger in land area than the United Kingdom (70 million people) - people in Wyoming live close to the land. They hunt in large numbers, so they have reason to have guns. So, the rate of firearm ownership in Wyoming doesn't seem that high.

The gun murder rate in the US is 3.2 per 100,000, and in Wyoming it's 0.9 per 100,000. Wyoming has the highest gun ownership rates, and less than 1 gun murder per 100,000. That's about the same as Norway and Australia. Sounds like Wyomingans are fairly peaceful with their guns.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Forty Two wrote:The gun murder rate in the US is 3.2 per 100,000, and in Wyoming it's 0.9 per 100,000. Wyoming has the highest gun ownership rates, and less than 1 gun murder per 100,000. That's about the same as Norway and Australia. Sounds like Wyomingans are fairly peaceful with their guns.
You're mixing categories. The gun murder rate per 100,000 is 0.16 in Australia and 0.1 in Norway. Total murder rates per 100,000 for Wyoming, Australia and Norway are 1.9, 1.0 and 0.6 respectively.