Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Only in America

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 am

It's already rising, dumbass.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:49 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 am
If you want to deny the existence of gun-free zones...
...you're on the right track, for while there are hundreds of thousands declared gun-free zones, none are in fact gun-free zones. I eplained why this is so in my previous post, but to nobody's surprise you decided to ignore the explanation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:00 am

Sean Hayden wrote:Fuck off. I gotta be polite about this and say the right things?

It's going to blow over in a few days; the laws won't change; and we can all get pissed off at the next one.

Do you think I really want Canadian kids to get shot? Huh? So why are you acting like you don't recognize that I'm simply pissed off at some stupid fuck, who should've been banned ages ago, coming in here to defend my country's jackassed gun laws in the wake of yet another mass shooting.

It's about as appropriate as some sick fuck hoping Canadian kids die.
I just don't find the subject very funny. Nor posting images of kids while talking about gun deaths.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:06 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:34 am
Do a high percentage of mass-shootings take place in gun-free zones?

I mean, to hear some talk about it, there is an armed man behind every blade of grass...
20 dead and 26 injured and your first impulse is to try and blame it on an unarmed population and to take those who are angered and frustrated by yet another mass shooting to task for being unreasonable eh? I think you might have reached the end of the road with this one bro - I mean, where can you possibly go from here?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:14 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:00 am
Sean Hayden wrote:Fuck off. I gotta be polite about this and say the right things?

It's going to blow over in a few days; the laws won't change; and we can all get pissed off at the next one.

Do you think I really want Canadian kids to get shot? Huh? So why are you acting like you don't recognize that I'm simply pissed off at some stupid fuck, who should've been banned ages ago, coming in here to defend my country's jackassed gun laws in the wake of yet another mass shooting.

It's about as appropriate as some sick fuck hoping Canadian kids die.
I just don't find the subject very funny. Nor posting images of kids while talking about gun deaths.
It's not funny, and I should take a different approach. I am unbelievably angry. Please consider that some little boy was just shot dead at the garlic festival not a week ago. Those kids in the picture are the Sandy Hook victims, you know, the false flag shooting? We've had something like 200+ mass shootings this year. That can't be right!? Can it? We are living with the thought of getting shot now all the time, even if it is unlikely the frequency and nature of these crimes forces its way into your mind. It's very real to us, well those of us with a brain anyway.

It's not a good excuse for taking the approach I have and I apologize. I'm going to try to take a break from the web for awhile. I'm not blaming the web, I just don't want to keep going off on the nets.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 am

Cunt wrote:

...Almost all of the mass shootings I've heard of were stopped by a good guy with a gun...
Utter bullshit. Virtually none ever have, unless you count law enforcement officials as "good guys with a gun"... :roll:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
It's not a good excuse for taking the approach I have and I apologize.
:tup:

"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:00 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 am
Cunt wrote:

...Almost all of the mass shootings I've heard of were stopped by a good guy with a gun...
Utter bullshit. Virtually none ever have, unless you count law enforcement officials as "good guys with a gun"... :roll:
Of COURSE I do. Holy shit - what did you THINK I meant?

It's easy for you to critique my position, which is really just acknowledging the horror...

Why not offer your solution up for critique, JimC?

Or you could just avoid it because it's a fucking hard problem.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:05 am

How come you didn't try and invalidate Jim's opinion because he chose to be a teacher instead of a cop? Your empty rhetoric is slipping, Cunt.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:09 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:00 am
JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 am
Cunt wrote:

Of COURSE I do. Holy shit - what did you THINK I meant?

It's easy for you to critique my position, which is really just acknowledging the horror...

Why not offer your solution up for critique, JimC?

Or you could just avoid it because it's a fucking hard problem.
The term "good guy with a gun" has always been used to describe armed private citizens who intervene to save the situation; gun freaks always insist they are the answer to "bad guys with a gun", which, as I said, is utter bullshit - it simply doesn't happen. Eventually, after much death, either the shooter kills himself, is shot by police, or (rarely) is arrested.

So don't try your disingenuous bullshit, claiming that's not what you meant.

And I don't avoid stuff - that's your bag. There is a clear solution - effective gun control in America; difficult to achieve with conservative lunatics in charge, but there is no alternative, other than to passively accept a continuing tide of death.
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:10 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:05 am
How come you didn't try and invalidate Jim's opinion because he chose to be a teacher instead of a cop? Your empty rhetoric is slipping, Cunt.
I knew I made a mess of my life with that decision... :sigh:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:25 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:09 am

The term "good guy with a gun" has always been used to describe armed private citizens who intervene to save the situation; gun freaks always insist they are the answer to "bad guys with a gun", which, as I said, is utter bullshit - it simply doesn't happen.
How many examples would you need to acknowledge that yes, it does happen?

I don't know how many there are, I just know that there are examples. That doesn't matter though, since it's all killing, I put it all in the 'undesireable' category.

Eventually, after much death, either the shooter kills himself, is shot by police, or (rarely) is arrested.
Pretty fucking bleak. Should I blame you for it? Or accuse you of enabling it or something?

Or would it be more productive to ask your suggested solutions?
So don't try your disingenuous bullshit, claiming that's not what you meant.
Speaking of disingenuous bullshit, you could have asked.

I mean both groups. On-duty and off-duty law enforcement, citizens, security. The best kind of 'stopping' these kinds of shooters is to not have an incident.

These mass shootings rarely happen at law enforcement conventions, for example.
And I don't avoid stuff - that's your bag. There is a clear solution - effective gun control in America; difficult to achieve with conservative lunatics in charge, but there is no alternative, other than to passively accept a continuing tide of death.
Effective gun control...that's just a phrase, not a clear solution. Sheesh, talk about avoiding stuff.

Why not explain how that happens. Oh, and if the implementation causes more loss of life than the status quo, would that affect your decision?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am

You will never have gun control in the USA. The NRA has seen to it that the country is so full of guns it will be impossible to get rid of them. What about the thicko red necks? Wtf are they going to do without their toys?

Man America is so fucking sick when it comes to guns. Just so FUCKING sick.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am

Cunt, considerable discussion has occurred between moderators about your posting history since you have returned, involving many threads including this one. The kind of malicious trolling you have posted in the knowledge that such posts are likely to cause widespread general offense, will not be tolerated here. Your posting history since your recent return from suspension contains numerous examples of the kind of trolling you have previously been reminded to avoid and warned about. In light of this your posting privileges have been suspended for 6 months. Be aware that if you choose to return to this forum, a similar style of posting will result in a rapid, long suspension.
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:03 am

Here we go again: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-04/ ... o/11382284
At least nine people have been killed and at least 16 are injured after a shooting in Dayton, Ohio on Sunday morning (local time), US police have said.
It is now clear that the Texas shooting was a hate crime by a Trump-supporting white supremacist against Hispanics.

Makes a change from random psychotics, I suppose...
And my gin!