Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Only in America

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 am

Tero wrote:The constitution does not define arms. As long as all citizens, even looonies, can carry some arms, the citizens are satisfied. I propose we provide them rifles weighing 20kg. Let them bear them.
Only muskets. That what the second amendment was about at the time.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 am

And only for militias. Guns in other use was state jurisdiction, not federal.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 am

Tero wrote:And only for militias. Guns in other use was state jurisdiction, not federal.
Definitely.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 am

laklak wrote:
Tero wrote:"The problem from a regulatory standpoint is that a handgun will be the hardest to regulate."

Not if you set up a government unit whose only purpose is to frisk citizens on the street and collect all hand guns.
yah but there's that whole Constitution thingy, you know? Keeps getting in the way of the Progressives. Shame, huh?
I wasn't referring to the nuts-and-bolts of finding the guns. I was referring to the fact that handguns and rifles are as close to the center of the Second Amendment as you can get. If you can ban handguns, there is no right to keep and bear arms. So, we're back to amending the constitution. Regardless of the rantings of the anti-gunners, the American people overwhelmingly want the right to keep and bear arms. Until that changes, you won't have handguns banned.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 am

Tero wrote:The constitution does not define arms. As long as all citizens, even looonies, can carry some arms, the citizens are satisfied. I propose we provide them rifles weighing 20kg. Let them bear them.
Who's "we?" You? Go ahead. Start your manufacturing company?

Or, do you think that there is a "we" that includes gun manufacturers or that gun manufacturers are part of the government/state? House Bill 1067, "Weight of Guns Act," "It being the sense of Congress that guns 'r bad, mmkay? You shouldn't have guns, mmkay....? You shouldn' want guns, mmkay? Because, guns 'r bad, mkayyyyy? The National Firearms Act is amended to add provision X subparagraph iii(3)(b)(J)(7): All arms manufactured or sold in the United States shall be made to mass at least 20 kilograms."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:48 am

laklak wrote:Probably would need to get rid of that pesky 4th Amendment also. Warrants? We don't need no stinking warrants!

Personally I'm A-OK with handguns. Love 'em. Lots of lethality in a small, easy to conceal package. Cold dead hands, baby!
Afford a leftist a "good" motive, and they'll favor unreasonable searches, unreasonable seizures, warrants issued under improbable cause, and they'll willingly accept that the right of the people to keep and bear arms doesn't really mean a "right" or the "people" to "keep" or "bear" an "arm." What it means is that nobody has the right to keep or bear an arm unless their commanding officer in one of the branches of the military authorizes them to. The second amendment? That means if you're in the army, you have a right to keep and bear arms!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Yes we want to see those weapons. No hiding that 20kg rifle in your pants. We will give you a shoulder strap for it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Don't none of it matter, we got Trump and he ain't gonna take anybody's guns. He knows which side of his slice of bread has the butter on it, and it's white bread. With American butter, none of that pansy-ass Eurobutter.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Gun silencers are hard to buy. Donald Trump Jr. and silencer makers want to change that.

The federal government has strictly limited the sale of firearm silencers for as long as James Bond and big-screen gangsters have used them to discreetly shoot enemies between the eyes.

Now the gun industry, which for decades has complained about the restrictions, is pursuing new legislation to make silencers easier to buy, and a key backer is Donald Trump Jr., an avid hunter and the oldest son of the president-elect, who campaigned as a friend of the gun industry.

The legislation stalled in Congress last year. But with Republicans in charge of the House and Senate and the elder Trump moving into the White House, gun rights advocates are excited about its prospects this year.

They hope to position the bill the same way this time — not as a Second Amendment issue, but as a public-health effort to safeguard the eardrums of the nation’s 55 million gun owners. They even named it the Hearing Protection Act. It would end treating silencers as the same category as machine guns and grenades, thus eliminating a $200 tax and a nine-month approval process.

“It’s about safety,” Trump Jr. explained in a September video interview with the founder of SilencerCo, a Utah silencer manufacturer. “It’s a health issue, frankly.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/gu ... afc1590a4b
There's going to be gun violence anyway, so it might as well be quieter. :tea:

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Well, noise pollution in cities is a problem. Just ask the EPA. oh wait...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 am

Śiva wrote:
Gun silencers are hard to buy. Donald Trump Jr. and silencer makers want to change that.

The federal government has strictly limited the sale of firearm silencers for as long as James Bond and big-screen gangsters have used them to discreetly shoot enemies between the eyes.

Now the gun industry, which for decades has complained about the restrictions, is pursuing new legislation to make silencers easier to buy, and a key backer is Donald Trump Jr., an avid hunter and the oldest son of the president-elect, who campaigned as a friend of the gun industry.

The legislation stalled in Congress last year. But with Republicans in charge of the House and Senate and the elder Trump moving into the White House, gun rights advocates are excited about its prospects this year.

They hope to position the bill the same way this time — not as a Second Amendment issue, but as a public-health effort to safeguard the eardrums of the nation’s 55 million gun owners. They even named it the Hearing Protection Act. It would end treating silencers as the same category as machine guns and grenades, thus eliminating a $200 tax and a nine-month approval process.

“It’s about safety,” Trump Jr. explained in a September video interview with the founder of SilencerCo, a Utah silencer manufacturer. “It’s a health issue, frankly.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/gu ... afc1590a4b
There's going to be gun violence anyway, so it might as well be quieter. :tea:
:funny:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:04 pm

You may opt for Medicare Part G.
The plan gives anyone 75 or older a gun (Part G) and one bullet.
You may then shoot one worthless politician.
This means you will be sent to prison for the rest of your life where you will receive three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating and air conditioning, cable TV, a library, and all the health care you need.
Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That’s great. Need a hearing aid, new hip, knees, kidney, lungs, sex change, or heart? They are all covered!
As an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you at least as often as they do now!
And, who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you they can't afford for you to go into a nursing home. And you will get rid of a useless politician while you are at it.

And now, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any more income taxes!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 pm

:lol: :clap:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 pm

:funny:

Actually not a bad idea. Or you can save the bullet for yourself.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Toddlers vs terrorists
Noting that “in most cases, the toddlers are killing or injuring themselves,” Ingraham counted 58 total toddler-involved shootings in 2015 as of 17 December of that year. In 19 instances toddlers shot and killed themselves, and in two others toddlers shot and killed other individuals. That brought the total of toddler-involved shooting deaths in the United States in 2015 to 21.

By contrast, if we counted both the Chattanooga shootings and San Bernardino as instances of Islamic terrorism, that would mean 19 Americans were killed in instances of suspected, reported, or potential Islamic terrorism in 2015. Counting American victims of the November 2015 Paris attacks brought that number up to 20.
http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-a ... errorists/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...