Whoa! Nice Shot!

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Whoa! Nice Shot!

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 am

http://home.bt.com/news/uknews/snipers- ... 3889456909

Sniper's bullet kills six Taliban.
A British sniper killed five Taliban insurgents and a would-be suicide bomber in Afghanistan with one bullet, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The 20-year-old marksman, a lance corporal in the Coldstream Guards, hit the trigger switch of the device from 930 yards away, causing the bomb to explode.

The blast killed the would-be bomber and five men around him, an MOD spokesman said.
:yes:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Whoa! Nice Shot!

Post by cronus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

The five around him may have been the nobheads intended target anyway...how do we know it was the sniper who detonated the semtex vest? :coffee:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 am

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:http://home.bt.com/news/uknews/snipers- ... 3889456909

Sniper's bullet kills six Taliban.
A British sniper killed five Taliban insurgents and a would-be suicide bomber in Afghanistan with one bullet, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The 20-year-old marksman, a lance corporal in the Coldstream Guards, hit the trigger switch of the device from 930 yards away, causing the bomb to explode.

The blast killed the would-be bomber and five men around him, an MOD spokesman said.
:yes:
Goddamn!! :shock: And I was proud of hitting a deer at 330 yards. :oops:

Of course, there was a huge difference in equipment, but still. Damn. :clap: :clap:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

piscator

Post by piscator » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 pm

"Sometimes you're the windshield,
Sometimes you're the bug"