The idiot's guide to guns

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: The idiot's guide to guns

Post by Jason » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Before ... the War for Independence, the King’s Army had oppressed the nation’s inhabitants... The King’s Army was an ocean away and couldn’t be relied on...

Damn those lobsters were good. Oppressing the colonists from an ocean away!

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Făkünamę wrote:Before ... the War for Independence, the King’s Army had oppressed the nation’s inhabitants... The King’s Army was an ocean away and couldn’t be relied on...

The army was deployed when needed and transfered elsewhere as required. So the Crown could come in, make locals provide room and board for soldiers without asking, and then take off to another European war without notice, leaving the locals to deal with any problems.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Făkünamę wrote:Before ... the War for Independence, the King’s Army had oppressed the nation’s inhabitants... The King’s Army was an ocean away and couldn’t be relied on...

The army was deployed when needed and transfered elsewhere as required. So the Crown could come in, make locals provide room and board for soldiers without asking, and then take off to another European war without notice, leaving the locals to deal with any problems.

As all empires do it. Too expensive to maintain a larger standing imperial army.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 am

Cormac wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

As all empires do it. Too expensive to maintain a larger standing imperial army.
I must remember that when we form the Great Australian Pacific Empire...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:27 am

Cormac wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

And?
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Idiots aren't guides--only idiots think so, and welcome to it--experts are guides, or should be. But hey, pick who you want but when you get into trouble fuck off dumbass. Darwinism for the win.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter