Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Only in America

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:05 am
macdoc wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 am
up for stoopid fuck of the year :nono:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/ ... ad-vpx.cnn
I don't know what's the specific kink of that school, but why anybody would want to work for them baffles me, and once this gets known, why anybody would send their kids there too.

And either my google fu is miserable, or these people are aware that their kink might make them impopular and are successfully making it hard to find.
I found their 'Core Values' page. It's filled with somewhat vague platitudes, but I note what seems to be a tendency toward New Age rather than Christian affiliation.

A link to the letter to staff.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Wow, I could not even extract that much from the mass of drivel.

And yeah, they sound rather like a weird private school friends of mine sent their daughter to so she'd learn fluent english... I really didn't like their Propagandastaffel... And if they hadn't mentioned the newish concept of emotional intellignece, I might suspect them of Anthroposophic/Steiner influences.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Certain examples of "New Age" pseudo-mysticism can be just as irrational and anti-science as the worst kind of religious fundamentalist...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm
Certain examples of "New Age" pseudo-mysticism can be just as irrational and anti-science as the worst kind of religious fundamentalist...
I'm not going to disagree on that. I have an aunt, living in the US, who used to be neck deep in that... It was sheer poetry to hear her rant about the powers of the pyramid, or the Gaia hypothesis ...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 am

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Only in America is somebody shitting in Nancy's office worse than 9/11, the Civil War, AND Pearl Harbor.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:54 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm
Only in America is somebody shitting in Nancy's office worse than 9/11, the Civil War, AND Pearl Harbor.
...and a fairly high pile of dollars-worth in insurance claims due to 'mostly peaceful' protest.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun May 02, 2021 11:59 pm

Congresswoman, soon to be voted out
EC5F46EE-7B3D-48DC-94BC-D82AFC37778E.jpeg
EC5F46EE-7B3D-48DC-94BC-D82AFC37778E.jpeg (73.39 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
...thinks the amendment IS the constitution.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 03, 2021 12:57 am

First they came to vaccinate me against the chicken pox, but I was not a chicken...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Advertising your Christianity on FB
38426DF5-AE95-43B1-BA6C-05A1C5F2BE6E.jpeg
38426DF5-AE95-43B1-BA6C-05A1C5F2BE6E.jpeg (94.7 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 pm

An armed society is a polite society! So much politeness!

Aide for Amanda Chase brandished gun in road-rage incident
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — An aide for Republican gubernatorial candidate Amanda Chase brandished a gun in a road-rage incident while the candidate participated in a virtual gun-rights debate in the back of her campaign van.

In the midst of a candidate forum with the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Chase — who was participating by phone in the Tuesday debate — shouts “No. Stop.”

“Speaking of a Second Amendment moment, we just had to, oh, my goodness, we are exercising our Second Amendment rights right now on our car, where we had somebody road rage, trying to get in front of us,” Chase says.

Just prior to that, a male voice can be overheard saying, “That’ll get your b—— a— in the car, won’t it?”

Shayne Snavely told The Washington Post he displayed an AR-15 pistol after a passenger in a sedan got of his car and started walking toward the van with a hand in his pocket.

“Yeah, he got a gun in his face,” Snavely said, who referred to the AR-15 as “a little bit of overwhelming force.”

Snavely, who was driving, said the other car kept pushing into them while he was in an exit lane, and that the passenger in the other car actually opened the door while moving and gesticulated at the van. Snavely said he displayed the pistol after the car continued to follow the van after exiting the highway.

Within a minute or two of the incident, Chase resumed the debate.

“You never know, even driving on the campaign, when you’re going to have to exercise your Second Amendment rights,” she said during the debate. “And we just avoided a scene while I’m here doing this Second Amendment rally. I promise, this is not staged right now. Oh, my gracious.”

Norfolk Police said they had no record of the incident. Chase’s campaign said they did not report it to police.

Chase is one of seven Republican candidates for the Virginia gubernatorial nomination, which will be decided at a May 8 convention. Chase has closely aligned herself with former President Donald Trump and embraced the moniker: “Trump in heels.” She routinely carried a gun at the State Capitol until the legislature banned the practice last year.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Love thy neighbour as thou lovest thyself eh?
Probably a Jewess in disguise, THEIR god is racist and nasty.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon May 03, 2021 11:28 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 pm
Tero wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Love thy neighbour as thou lovest thyself eh?
Probably a Jewess in disguise, THEIR god is racist and nasty.
Christianity inherited that, with only a pretend covering of "gentle Jesus, meek and mild"...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 pm
An armed society is a polite society! So much politeness!

Aide for Amanda Chase brandished gun in road-rage incident
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — An aide for Republican gubernatorial candidate Amanda Chase brandished a gun in a road-rage incident while the candidate participated in a virtual gun-rights debate in the back of her campaign van.

In the midst of a candidate forum with the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Chase — who was participating by phone in the Tuesday debate — shouts “No. Stop.”

“Speaking of a Second Amendment moment, we just had to, oh, my goodness, we are exercising our Second Amendment rights right now on our car, where we had somebody road rage, trying to get in front of us,” Chase says.

Just prior to that, a male voice can be overheard saying, “That’ll get your b—— a— in the car, won’t it?”

Shayne Snavely told The Washington Post he displayed an AR-15 pistol after a passenger in a sedan got of his car and started walking toward the van with a hand in his pocket.

“Yeah, he got a gun in his face,” Snavely said, who referred to the AR-15 as “a little bit of overwhelming force.”

Snavely, who was driving, said the other car kept pushing into them while he was in an exit lane, and that the passenger in the other car actually opened the door while moving and gesticulated at the van. Snavely said he displayed the pistol after the car continued to follow the van after exiting the highway.

Within a minute or two of the incident, Chase resumed the debate.

“You never know, even driving on the campaign, when you’re going to have to exercise your Second Amendment rights,” she said during the debate. “And we just avoided a scene while I’m here doing this Second Amendment rally. I promise, this is not staged right now. Oh, my gracious.”

Norfolk Police said they had no record of the incident. Chase’s campaign said they did not report it to police.

Chase is one of seven Republican candidates for the Virginia gubernatorial nomination, which will be decided at a May 8 convention. Chase has closely aligned herself with former President Donald Trump and embraced the moniker: “Trump in heels.” She routinely carried a gun at the State Capitol until the legislature banned the practice last year.
Well, I don't remember where that was found (though I doubt it was in the works of Robert Howard), but somewhere, an author has Conan the barbarian explaining why Cimmerian society is better and more courteous than so called civilisation. (or maybe that was somewhere in Kull)
When somebody talks to you, he's polite, because he knows that if you get angry, you just might split him in two with a sword.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue May 04, 2021 5:42 am

Yeah, Americans are known both for carrying guns and for being polite. :lol:

It's a facile trope, and fails to conform with reality. It's true that a society inhabited by an element of armed thugs might be slightly more polite in casual situations (riding public transport for instance), but that politeness breaks down instantly when a mild slight is used as an excuse to escalate.