Cops!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Cops!

Post by Robert_S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:30 am

Is it still on the air? Does anyone here watch it?

Also, isn't this an awesome forum theme? :fall:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Re: Cops!

Post by Pappa » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:22 am

Robert_S » wrote:Also, isn't this an awesome forum theme? :fall:
Yes. :{D

Sælir
The Obedient Wife

Post by Sælir » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

:hehe:
I´m just a delicate little flower!

MiM
Man In The Middle

Post by MiM » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:41 am

This branch needs to get tagged as NSFW, immediately. :lay:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 am

MiM » wrote:This branch needs to get tagged as NSFW, immediately. :lay:
What?

If you don't work somewhere that being seen with this theme on your screen wouldn't earn you a huge boost in popularity, possibly even a raise and promotion, then you must work in a horrible place. Get out while you can!!!
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 am

If my fellow teachers saw this, I would immediately lose my rep as a hard nosed practioner of the brutalist school of maths teaching...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 am

JimC » wrote:If my fellow teachers saw this, I would immediately lose my rep as a hard nosed practioner of the brutalist school of maths teaching...
If some student isn't really giving their all, perhaps a note of on piece of similarly themed piece of stationary might provide just the edification and encouragement they require.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:20 am

Robert_S » wrote:
JimC » wrote:If my fellow teachers saw this, I would immediately lose my rep as a hard nosed practioner of the brutalist school of maths teaching...
If some student isn't really giving their all, perhaps a note of on piece of similarly themed piece of stationary might provide just the edification and encouragement they require.
:funny:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:24 am

Robert, I take back any nice things I've ever said about you. And to think I waited patiently in the car that day. :nono:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:40 am

Isn't it grand that everyone who posts in this thread keeps it in New Posts, spreading the awesomeness of the theme to pass through more cornea and lenses of more members, there to be projected onto more rods and cones, from which many optic nerves will send happy little packets of joy to be decoded into pure bliss by the visual cortex, of each Rat who opens the thread. :swoon:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:52 am

Don't make me shoot you.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Gawdzilla » wrote:Don't make me shoot you.

Sorry, it had to be done.

I was looking through the membership of the "Hide *" usergroups and NOT ONE of us had hidden Reality TV. It is a shameful state of affairs and is a black mark on the soul of the forum that there are not at least five people in that group.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:10 pm

"Great is the power of ignore."

Sælir
The Obedient Wife

Post by Sælir » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:53 pm

I support reality tv :cheer:
I´m just a delicate little flower!

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Of course, if we all started a load of reality tv threads in this forum, the style would show up in new posts a lot more.

Just saying. :tea: