Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror

Post by cronus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 am

Trump might appear past it...but power is the ultimate aphrodisiac...watch your pussies, pussies. :tea:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Caligula: 1400 Days of Terror

Post by NineBerry » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 am

It was all lies by the liberal mainstream media!!!

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 am

So when the capital is proposed to be moved from Washington DC to New York City....interesting times. :coffee:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Feck

Post by Feck » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:00 am

:funny: Less than one second into the trailer and it was obvious why Merkin TV is shit . Watch the BBC or Channel 4 programs about Little Boots to see the difference .
It's just the same when they do wildlife . NAZI-SHARKS !!!!!!!! or "Life on Earth " .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:25 am

It's never a good sign when the producers fill the background with Muzak to create an atmosphere of dread and drama in a documentary. Pulls it down to the level of that movie with the giant mechanical shark, the title of which escapes me now, possibly because I've only ever seen the ads for it.

Edit: I googled. Its called Jaws, and it looks like quite a few of shark-horror movies were made.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Feck

Post by Feck » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 am

" Even today everyone knows his name " well that is a fucking lie because his name wasn't 'Caligula' it was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus.
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 am

That's easy for you to say.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:34 am

Feck wrote:" Even today everyone knows his name " well that is a fucking lie because his name wasn't 'Caligula' it was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus.
Caligula was the nickname he was given when he was barely past toddlerdom, and it stuck. Everybody knew him by this name then, and whoever is aware of him today knows him by the same name. Are you trying to create a problem out of nothing? Would it make much difference if future generations discussed the Iron Lady rather than Margaret Hilda Thatcher?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:05 am

Hermit wrote:
Feck wrote:" Even today everyone knows his name " well that is a fucking lie because his name wasn't 'Caligula' it was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus.
Caligula was the nickname he was given when he was barely past toddlerdom, and it stuck. Everybody knew him by this name then, and whoever is aware of him today knows him by the same name. Are you trying to create a problem out of nothing? Would it make much difference if future generations discussed the Iron Lady rather than Margaret Hilda Thatcher?
It's the "Germanicus" that's worrying you, isn't it... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:22 am

JimC wrote:
Hermit wrote:
It's the "Germanicus" that's worrying you, isn't it... :tea:
Not at all. That part of the name evokes Goethe, Bach, Beethoven, Roentgen, Einstein, Brandt, Brecht, Copernicus, Marx, Engels, Weber, Leibniz, Schiller, Gauss, Cantor, Riemann, Hilbert, Noether, Kepler, Böll, Mann, Hesse, Remarque, Humboldt...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Feck wrote::funny: Less than one second into the trailer and it was obvious why Merkin TV is shit . Watch the BBC or Channel 4 programs about Little Boots to see the difference .
It's just the same when they do wildlife . NAZI-SHARKS !!!!!!!! or "Life on Earth " .
Ugh.... again with the American stuff sucks, go with the _______ in some other country bullshit.

Dude - we have hundreds of different television channels. You have the BBC, which is one of your channels. Maybe it's awesome, or some of it is awesome. But, in the US, have many many channels that have great history shows. The History Channel took a nosedive, 'tis true. But, we have History International, Military History Channel, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, multiple PBS channels, National Geographic channel, and many more with great programming.

It's like all going on about beer and cheese, ffs. Yes, we have bland Bud-Light and American Pasteurized Processed Cheese - sure. We have shit like that. But, we also have 100's of breweries brewing excellent beer in a wide variety (Sam Adams, Yuengling, Deschutes Brewery, Sculpin, Sierra Nevada, Blue Moon...and the list goes on and on), and we have Wisconsin cheddar and other cheeses which are among the best of their varieties in the world.

FFS with this Merkin such and such is shit....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 pm

I saw a documentary on one of these American history channels recently. It followed a historian who proved that Hitler went to South America after World War II....

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:06 pm

You sure it wasn't Dr Mengele?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:39 pm

No. It was supposed to prove that Hitler didn't die in Berlin but fled to South America and had a peaceful death in the sixties surrounded by family.

It was this here: http://www.history.com/shows/hunting-hitler

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:44 pm

NineBerry wrote:I saw a documentary on one of these American history channels recently. It followed a historian who proved that Hitler went to South America after World War II....
The History channel goes in for a lot of pop-culture-history stuff these days. You'll see them featuring Erich von Danikan and all the "It was aliens" guys showing how they think ancient aliens helped build the pyramids.I saw that show about Hitler escaping to south America -- it was a rather thin on "proof." However, lots of Nazis did go to South America after the war, and so it's got that kernel of plausibility built in. Proof, however, is a bit of an overstatement.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar