Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Postby Rum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:36 pm

I really recommend this as a history watch, not because of the colour - which does make it feel more 'real' in some ways I will grant you - but because whoever wrote the script has done a first rate job in summarizing events in a relatively short format show. Here's the start of episode #1 - more on Youtube or from your usual televisual provider. As a history buff with a decent knowledge of WW2 I recommend this highly, especially if you want a speedy tutorial.

Rum's Second Law of thermodynamics: Everything eventually turns to shit.
Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Recommended: WW2 in Colour

Postby Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm so over WWII. Time to move on...

... to WWIII !!

/Crumple

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

About me: Ablate me:

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 am

Rum wrote:I really recommend this as a history watch, not because of the colour - which does make it feel more 'real' in some ways I will grant you - but because whoever wrote the script has done a first rate job in summarizing events in a relatively short format show. Here's the start of episode #1 - more on Youtube or from your usual televisual provider. As a history buff with a decent knowledge of WW2 I recommend this highly, especially if you want a speedy tutorial.

Thanks for the recommendation. This was a good presentation, and the color was a nice touch. I will watch the rest of the series as time permits.
Joe

Postby pErvinalia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 am

i find watching colour footage of ye olde days so fascinating!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144
pErvinalia
Off his meds

About me: Now with 50% less ranting!

Postby Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 am

Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
Scot Dutchy

Postby Tyrannical » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

I don't like world wars, easily preventable if given the chance and overly glorified.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.
Tyrannical

Postby pErvinalia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
Ah OK. I haven't watched this one yet. But I've seen others of actual colour footage from wwii
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144
pErvinalia
Off his meds

About me: Now with 50% less ranting!

Postby Animavore » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 am

I wish they'd hurry up with the sequel.
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Postby Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont like it I am afraid. Like old photo's that have been touched up. Colours to definite. A lot of presumptions made.
Ah OK. I haven't watched this one yet. But I've seen others of actual colour footage from wwii

Even that is an improvement. The old Agfa film was red colour biased though. The flags were very red.

Scot Dutchy

Return to History, Geography & Education